• 4,062 comments

Have you voted yet?

• Yes

• No, but I will be

• No and I'm not going to

• I can't - I don't live in the US

• Other - specify in thread

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh now there's a press to release his health records. Should have been done of Biden and Trump before the running.

Like I mentioned before, both of them are passed retirement age. Especially wealthy individuals that should sit back and enjoy the rest of their lives. Same as restrictions in certain jobs where weight, age and abilities factor in performing certain duties. Representing a whole country should have certain over age restrictions and mental fitness as well.
Not just age minimum, USA residency and whether a person was born in the USA or not(if I remember from Social Studies class :lol:).

Oh now there's a press to release his health records. Should have been done of Biden and Trump before the running.

Like I mentioned before, both of them are passed retirement age. Especially wealthy individuals that should sit back and enjoy the rest of their lives. Same as restrictions in certain jobs where weight, age and abilities factor in performing certain duties. Representing a whole country should have certain over age restrictions and mental fitness as well.
Not just age minimum, USA residency and whether a person was born in the USA or not(if I remember from Social Studies class :lol:).
The retirement age in the USA is 67, so only one of them has passed retirement age, Harris could serve two terms and be only a year over.

Down the ballot, the Colorado Supreme Court has two judges up for re-election that voted that Donald Trump remains eligible to stay on the Republican Primary ballot.

I've seen arguments that they should be retained because the CO Supreme Court was overruled 9-0 at the US Supreme Court - meaning that those two judges made the right call. My counter-argument to this is that 9 US Supreme Court justices CLEARLY made the wrong choice, abdicating their responsibility to uphold the constitution in an inexplicable decision to force congress to vote on whether or not to do it. There is no amendment in the bill of rights that is supposed to work that way, apparently except the 14th according to the US Supreme Court now.

In my view, those two CO justices failed to do their duty to uphold the constitution, regardless of the 9 justices that also failed after them.

Last edited:
Take a second and imagine you're Kamala Harris.

Your opponent has tried to kill you once before on Jan. 6th 2021. He is currently saying he would deploy the military against the "enemy within" which he explicitly lists as including Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, and you have to assume, yourself. All estimates are the the election, which happens in a few weeks, hinges on a handful of votes. The list of outcomes includes the fall of Ukraine, abandonment of any curtailment of climate change, the fall of democracy in the US, reproductive rights for all American women, assistance to Putin, persecution and deportation of minorities, including immigrants who have been promised the right to be here, the rule of law, and most likely your own life or at the very least, freedom.

It's a lot to shoulder. That's a mountain of stress. And as much stress as I feel about the upcoming election, and as personal as it feels to me, it is moreso the case for her.

But you're just one person. You're one human being, who just turned 60 years old, who cannot possibly do all of that by yourself. And so you rest much of the responsibility on the voters in the country to do the right thing. You're not imagining yourself as a hero or scapegoat, handling the responsibility of keeping the country on track. Your supporters also shoulder that same responsibility.

Kamala does not have the power or responsibility to make this happen on her own. The responsibility and power still lies, for now, with the people. If she loses, it's a failure of the American people that didn't support her. It would not be her failure. Her campaign has been damned solid to date. If she wins, it is a credit to the people who supported her, and in spite of those who did not.

I honestly cannot believe we're here. The US political system is so completely broken that even after congress and the VP were attacked by the president, it still could barely act in any meaningful way to prevent a repeat attack from the same person 4 years later. The reason it is broken is again, a failure of the American people to vote for candidates that will uphold their government.

Last edited:
So I'm not the biggest fan of Walz--he's okay, I guess--but he absolutely nailed this.

Screenshot-20241022-132932-Samsung-Internet.jpg

The link card is censored but the video embedded at the link is not.

He's talking about Joe Biden, not Kamala Harris. Biden did release his medical records though.
I couldn’t recall if Biden released his health records. That’s good he did.
Which would make him wrong on two counts...
It was mainly about “both of them”(Trump and Biden) in your response post of retirement age(pretty much eligibility to receive USA social security). If under thirty-seven years old is too young, then over sixty-six years old is too old. Just a thought.

Back