400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
Either 8900, 9000, or 9100. Not sure and I can't exactly check at the second given I want to see if this R30 actually loads within half an hour. If not I'll reboot the PS3 and it'll load perfectly >_>

I wish I knew! I'll try to find out in the morning though. Well probably afternoon, lol. Regardless, I know the laser is leaving a ring on my GT5 disc so it could potentially be the disc itself rather than the PS3... But it's still a problem with the PS3 even so, seeing as it's damaging discs slowly.

Wow. That is quite high. My entry only goes up to 7500 or 8000 at most. Not sure what this means for the car's character, aside from how the engine sounds.

Resetting the PS3 will only do so much. I've had this sometimes, mainly after I get DC'd from a server. What happens afterward is that even something as simple as opening the UCD and buying a car takes the best part of 10 minutes. If you reset the PS3 and log in again, it'll either freeze in the game menu even before you get into GTlife, or you'd be in the clear. For the best part of…oh…around 10 minutes.

Get a technician to look at it, they should probably give you some insight on it, rather than you just poking at it every now and then, or whatever you do to it. Just get a job and buy a new one. :P

Hey despe, did you also try a Karmann Ghia?
I had tuned one some time back. Made a nice cruiser for Onboy painted flat black. Knew from when I did that tune that it wouldn't be competitive. Gets hit by the PP for being so light as you have to fully modify it just to get to 400PP plus use a mid turbo that has a horrible power curve.:drool:

hmm 25 tuners so

25 cars X 5 laps X 8min30 a lap

+- 17.5 hours

+

possible second round of

10 cars X 5 laps X 7min30 a lap ( if 450pp )

+- 6.5hours

hmm i should have signed up lol by that time i might finally figured out the Nurburgring :P

Edit: Oh, mah bad. Crossing signals with the CR-X. 173hp, revs to 9100, 907kg. And the R30 loaded instantly this time.

So we are in the same boat then, was gonna say, I don't think it would be possible for you to have more power and less weight and be 400pp, you've got less weight, I've got the power... back straight am touching just under 240kmph.

Great car though, let me know when yours is up, keen to compare and maybe learn a thing or two, all the best

Testers:
CSLACR - PSN: CSLACR
SolidSnake7735 - PSN: SolidSnake7735
praiano63 - PSN: praiano63
DigitalBaka - PSN: DigitalBaka
mike_gt3 - PSN: GTP_Mike_Peperni
ryangt - PSN: ryangt18
goldian - PSN: Goldiann

25+ Tunes/cars to test, shall we break it into 2 separate groups guys?

Theres plenty of time left, i see no problem driving them all, may be just do a complete list of the car so we can make sure they are all driven. :)

But i also dont see any problem if we separate them in 2 groups.

:cheers:

Even if you split into 2 groups there's no reason testers who want to can't test both groups. Just allows those who don't have the time or stamina to still get involved with the testing.:D

Testers:

I already tested most of the cars that has been released tough but up to you

Or check we have 7 testers right?

Group 1 : 3 testers
Group 2: 3 testers

And i do all? :P

Testers:

For me it´s ok, i have 7 cars already tested . Some few of them , the easiest ones, i did only 2 laps. One to know the car and one laptime. If my lap is ok with no mistake at racing cruising speed, i don´t have to do another. i know so well this track that i will not shave more than 1 second. I could shave 3 perhaps for hotlap. But it´s not the purpose of the shootout. Hot lap means mistakes and more than 5 or 8 testing laps.
Some others i do 4 or 5 , one of them , the LineR32 car, i did 14 laps before doing one without mistake.:ouch::ouch::ouch: The car is good but very difficult to drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Testers:

I'm OK either way. I plan to test them all anyway. I've got enough learning the course through all the tests I've run over the last few days so adapting the cars shouldn't be a big deal for me. Except I'll have to remember to take the wall magnets out of the trunk of Harv's Toyota... :D:tup:

The problem I worry about is fairness with driver skill. Perhaps take an arbitrary, untuned car and have testers submit a lap time and split groups based on that so both groups have fast and not-as-fast (me:)) drivers. Just a thought.

I can't stop laughing, but I think I found my car :lol:. Thank you to all that ran my other three cars, your insight, knowledge, and feedback helped alot... and I'm not going with any of them :dopey:. Look for it to be posted in the next 24hrs. It's definitely a Clueless Tune :lol::dopey:

I can't stop laughing, but I think I found my car :lol:. Thank you to all that ran my other three cars, your insight, knowledge, and feedback helped alot... and I'm not going with any of them :dopey:. Look for it to be posted in the next 24hrs. It's definitely a Clueless Tune :lol::dopey:
Isuzu Piazza!:drool:

I knew I should have given the extra pepperoni and anchovies a test...:crazy:

My Insight?

Your Insight makes my ears bleed. :P Bob liked it on Madrid though...

Are you sure? It sounds like a normal car, not an EV. Perhaps you actually have a problem with your ears? See a doctor. :P

Quick someone enter an i-MiEV!!!

*ears bleed*
*eyes bleed*
*goes into electric car shock*
*dies*

I actually am thinking whether it would be worth buying one. Supposedly they will get down to about $20k with all the incentives and such. At least they aren't as ugly as Smart cars. :ill:

Are you sure? It sounds like a normal car, not an EV. :P

It's that CVT though.... :crazy: *dronedronedronedronedrone*

It's that CVT though.... :crazy: *dronedronedronedronedrone*

CVT not really crazy. Hot lapping a tuned 2CV on comfort soft tires... now thats crazy! :dunce:
2cvring1.jpg

2cvring2.jpg

2cvring3.jpg

Uhm Theo we might have to check you in to a rubber room hotel for a short vacation...the words "Hot Lap" and "2CV" can not be placed together in the same sentance unless accompanied by a qualifier like; It is impossible to actually perform a "Hot Lap" using a 2CV.:D

Don't worry though Theo the men with the nice white jackets are your friends and even have one for you complete with extra long sleeves.:lol: I'm sure they'll let the parrot visit you in a couple days...:crazy:

Uhm Theo we might have to check you in to a rubber room hotel for a short vacation...the words "Hot Lap" and "2CV" can not be placed together in the same sentance unless accompanied by a qualifier like; It is impossible to actually perform a "Hot Lap" using a 2CV.:D

Don't worry though Theo the men with the nice white jackets are your friends and even have one for you complete with extra long sleeves.:lol: I'm sure they'll let the parrot visit you in a couple days...:crazy:

Well, when you realize that the 2CV can hit 104mph on the Ring you might understand :scared:

Well, when you realize that the 2CV can hit 104mph on the Ring you might understand :scared:
I'm guessing that speed was obtained running the course backwards heading down the hill from the carousell.:lol::lol::lol:

I'm guessing that speed was obtained running the course backwards heading down the hill from the carousell.:lol::lol::lol:

Nope, amazingly traveling forwards down the Fuchsrohre. Though slowing from 81mph to 70mph going up the Kesselchen was rather annoying. But it did make that "high speed" corner a breeze. :lol: Amazingly, the 2CV can tackle many sections(mainly corners) just as fast as a normal car.

I'll put it up on share in case someone is bored and wants to beat my blazing fast slow and steady time of 10:20 :ouch::dopey:

sean10mm - PSN: sean10mm / there is a problem with your gears the way it come on share. You reach max speed at 4th , don´t use 5 & 6. it´s not the way it show on your pic.the pic is bad , i don´t know exactly the max sped it is but more or less 250 kmh , i think Cy set at 250 mph..:):):crazy:
I will do the test with the box set to max speed in 6 gear.

EDIT: 10 seconds less with the custom gearbox set at 250 kmh

Last edited:
the Celica from oopsorryy also have that issue may be? only 4 gears are usable.

edit: i confirm, setting arent the same as he posted in his post.

Last edited:
The setting sheets seem to always show in kph even if you are set to mph. See if that makes more sense.

Started testing with X's Toyota...and I forgot to take out the magnets. :scared: Yet to make it around clean.

Back