400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
So do we cross our fingers and hope PD don't ninja edit the physics again in todays update? :nervous:

This is an offline event with tyre wear off right? I doubt PD will touch the offline physics, just fix the tyre wear if they see it as a problem. So we should be fine here. Online physics though? Most likely going to be ninja'd. :lol:

This is an offline event with tyre wear off right? I doubt PD will touch the offline physics, just fix the tyre wear if they see it as a problem. So we should be fine here. Online physics though? Most likely going to be ninja'd. :lol:

Hopefully ninja'd closer to offline physics, making the cars easier to transfer online.

Hopefully ninja'd closer to offline physics, making the cars easier to transfer online.

Or just copy and paste the offline physics engine into the online one, like every other developer does. :dunce:

Ok Might be a bit late to ask this now since I tested all cars that has been posted so far but..

Do we have to play on manual transmission or is automatic allowed ?

Im still trying to perfectionize my "driving skills" once im rly comfortable ill go manual since that will probably win me some time..

Or just copy and paste the offline physics engine into the online one, like every other developer does. :dunce:

Meh…I only got into the details of a game when I joined GTP, I didn't even give these things much thought until now. :lol: But wouldn't the network connection and lag sort of mess with it? After all…you very rarely run into a perfect, lag free room, you know. :P Not that you'd be really affected, you race offline for the most part anyway.

Ok Might be a bit late to ask this now since I tested all cars that has been posted so far but..

Do we have to play on manual transmission or is automatic allowed ?

Im still trying to perfectionize my "driving skills" once im rly comfortable ill go manual since that will probably win me some time..

In past competitions, automatic was allowed as long as you ran the same for all cars. It's about consistency so lap times are all relative to one another if you keep everything as close to the same as possible.

In past competitions, automatic was allowed as long as you ran the same for all cars. It's about consistency so lap times are all relative to one another if you keep everything as close to the same as possible.

Yes im doing automatic for all cars, well hopefully CS allows me, just tought of that now.. but yeah what ever the decision is, if i need to ill retest everything :crazy:

Meh…I only got into the details of a game when I joined GTP, I didn't even give these things much thought until now. :lol: But wouldn't the network connection and lag sort of mess with it? After all…you very rarely run into a perfect, lag free room, you know. :P Not that you'd be really affected, you race offline for the most part anyway.

Nope. In an online race, the physics engine affects you and you only. Everyone else's position on the track is sent to you via data packets. Well, at least in other games that's how it works.

I race offline because the online physics are horrid. If they fixed online, I'd play online more, although still only in private lobbies because of obvious reasons.

XDesperado67
For those tuners still looking for a car or anyone interested in trying another fun 400PP car I've placed a Lexus IS 200 on share. With a bit more fine tuning it could definitely be a contender.
I hope that the pp gets upped for the next round so I can play with my IS300, wagons for the win!

Sorry folks, looks like my Focus wasn't on Share. Hopefully I've rectified that now...

{Cy}

EDIT: - I sincerely hope somebody will be submitting a '01 Nissan Primera. As fugly as it is, it's fast... :sly:

Last edited:
Sorry folks, looks like my Focus wasn't on Share. Hopefully I've rectified that now...

{Cy}

EDIT: - I sincerely hope somebody will be submitting a '01 Nissan Primera. As fugly as it is, it's fast... :sly:

I tried it for fun last friday, was curious how it could run, added power to 399PP, it has some potential! :D

I am sticking with a Miata. I don't have time to test bunches of cars so I tuned the premium '89 and the premium '07. I wanted to submit the '89 because it is closer to my real world '94 race car. I even thought the '89 would be faster based on power to weight ratio and torque to weight ratio. Unfortunately, the '07 is faster. I think it's due to the 6 speed gearbox vs. 5 speed. With so many uphill sections on this track, the '89 just can't pull. I'm going to submit and hope for the best. The '07 seems pretty competitive at 400PP.

Someone stated earlier that there are 170 something corners at Nurburgh which would lead you to believe that corner speed would win. I think this contest will be won based on pure power and who did the best job optimizing the gear box. I have spent more time tuning the gearbox than I have with suspension changes. Not what I expected from this track.

Someone stated earlier that there are 170 something corners at Nurburgh which would lead you to believe that corner speed would win. I think this contest will be won based on pure power and who did the best job optimizing the gear box. I have spent more time tuning the gearbox than I have with suspension changes. Not what I expected from this track.
Yeah that's why I went with the 2000 GT. I hope that my tune can keep it close enough in the corners that its superior speed on the straights and up the hills will keep it in the hunt.:cheers::gtpflag:

It will be hard to say, XDesperado.

With all those guesstimations, i cant wait to test your car! :D lol

...im going to test it right now! :dopey:

Although you want to have as much power and torque on hand as possible at the ring, running comfort softs with particular drivetrains makes it more about having a finer balance of the 2, as with FR cars that are relativley light weight, too much power / torque can quickly turn your ride into a shopping trolley, where you are spinning up the rears / getting too loose.
imo the Gearing / ratios and diff are probably the number 1 priorty for saving time with these cars on the ring.

it's fun no matter which avenue we take though, I mean look at some of the cool entries we have for this, honda insight, old school citroen, 2000gt,95' MR2, 90' CR-X, Silvia 200sx, Mazda 6 the list is quite impressive....

I make a quick tune on a Honda Civic R EP ´01. Needed 86% power limiter after oil change and engine overall ,anyway it can´t compete because it´s above 400PP before oil change. But just to check his potential ,i have tested it against the fastest of the two focus ghost. Result 3 second faster around the ring, and 1 second slower than my fastest car.
this car is very competitive . really fast.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Mine is an '01 EP EU running 179HP @ 1061 KG's for 400PP. Doesn't seem to be real fast though, maybe I need to run more laps? :boggled:

I might try this Nissan Primera if I see one, but I'm pretty set on an '85 RX-7 at the moment. Not the quickest, the fastest, or the best at cornering, but it is the most fun to drive, and running just as fast or faster then every other car I've tested so far.

I tried a rx7 (the old one) and liked it but I still prefer ff setups on the ring. Dunno why, just feels nicer to drive

Mine is an '01 EP EU running 179HP @ 1061 KG's for 400PP. Doesn't seem to be real fast though, maybe I need to run more laps? :boggled:

I might try this Nissan Primera if I see one, but I'm pretty set on an '85 RX-7 at the moment. Not the quickest, the fastest, or the best at cornering, but it is the most fun to drive, and running just as fast or faster then every other car I've tested so far.

My EP (non euro) have oil change adengine overhaul, so i use 84.9% power limiter, but it´s 188hp 400pp 1190 kg .
And it´s 8.24.xxx , exactly the same tune i have published for 400pp 425 p 450 pp CS/SH/SS.
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

XDesperado's 2000GT tested :D

A long time i was not dancing lambada, very ludic ... and so fast =>>>>

Johnny Silvia S15 is exactly the same as the Varieta, i run the varieta ghost and it was absolutely the same , same speed same grip same moves... incredible car.

I did 2 laps on Racing Softs in my Mercedes 190 Evolution to find out we need Comforts. :banghead:

Are we allowed to use the car if it needs oil and we keep it like that to keep it with the allowed PP/Limiting? And I'll only be a tuner.

Cowboys965/PSN: Cowboys965
Tuner

XDesperado's 2000GT tested :D
Since you're still posting I'll take that to mean you survived the experience relatively intact and that the grin is one of enjoyment and not one that's saying "whew I'm so glad that's over with!":lol::lol:

If you feel comfortable doing so please PM me your time with "Aki"

Since you're still posting I'll take that to mean you survived the experience relatively intact and that the grin is one of enjoyment and not one that's saying "whew I'm so glad that's over with!":lol::lol:

If you feel comfortable doing so please PM me your time with "Aki"

It was fun to drive :)
Its not a walk in the park but once you know how to manage/use the oversteer its nice :)

Ok&#8230;I've changed my entry. But the tune is the same. :P It'll be posted soon today&#8230;I think. It's on share though, so you can get ahead if you want, the tune ain't gonna change.

Ok…I've changed my entry. But the tune is the same. :P It'll be posted soon today…I think. It's on share though, so you can get ahead if you want, the tune ain't gonna change.
Not online (heading to bed actually), so can you fill us in on what car you are entering?

I am fairly new to the on-line stuff, but eager to jump in. I don't think I can commit to testing all the cars in the time alotted, but I'd love to test some of them. If you're willing to let me have a go, let me know and I'll send you an FR (see I think I'm even learning the lingo)

Thanks!

Back