400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
Well much as it pains me, it looks like I'll be joining the ranks of the no rebuild/no oil change clan as I was right about my initial picks handling and speed. The Wallbanger actually managed a green lap under 9 minutes.:drool: and as usual left tons of time on the track. Now I either have to turn a bob loose in it for the next few days to make sure it hits rock bottom on the power loss or else find a higher mileage copy as this one is under 10k miles...:crazy:

Could i join as a tuner? ;) unfortunately, i have a lot of exams at university to deal with, so i don't have the time to be a tester also.. :S But i would gladly try to do a car for this one ;)

The Insight is under 9 minutes at the Nurburgring with terrible brakes and settings borrowed from my sports soft tune. Not too shabby. Also the battery lasts a full lap and a bit, as predicted. :D

Ok so i have 2 cars now and i have to choose , one is faster but more difficult to drive , the other is very easy but 3 sc slower. :nervous: they are around 8.22/25...

For the fish, i was born and grow up on the beach,and it is my job since a long time. So i know fish much more than cars for sure , principally salt water fish. I love this and i pretend to stay old living on the beach . This is the meaning of ``Praiano´´ or ``people who live on the beach´´.

Have a good night milady.
Very cool. :cool:
Because it has a real, yet hidden meaning, (at least to me :dopey: ) probably the coolest name I know of on GTP.

Okay so I realize that the ole Wallbanger here is a lousy driver but when I manage a green lap of the ring in a car I feel good about and then look at the time it is a bit discouraging as I realize I'm a full minute behind praiano.:drool:

As much as I love the Ring I hate it for events like this since I have no way to tell how much is my horrible driving and how much is due to an uncompetitive car.:(
Honestly, just slow your roll.
You gotta walk before you can run, and if you can't make a green lap, it just means your driving too hard, believe me, the same thing happens to all of us when we push too hard. ;)

So as a tuner, I just have to put the car I wish to enter on share before February 11th? I'm interested..
Yep.👍

Couple of questions.

CSLACR, is this to be with tyre/fuel wear on or off? You haven't mentioned that.

Everyone, how dodgy is it considered to not change oil or rebuild the engine to allow for a bit less weight?
Tire wear / fuel off, because who wants to pit while testing? :lol:

Everyone -
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6582467#post6582467
If your name isn't listed properly, or at all, it means I don't know you're in, so let me know.

Last edited:
Missed me. :embarrassed: I will tune and test. My DigitalBaka PSN should still have room. 👍

I have a questions regarding the high miles car.... to lower their PP.
Do the drivers will need to run the cars for ages just to meet the requirement?

I would like to join, but i dont want to spend twice the time just to get a car under 400PP, or i just dont understand the rules...? lol :scared:

My english not 100% sorry. :)

I would like to join, but i dont want to spend twice the time just to get a car under 400PP, or i just dont understand the rules...? lol :scared:

Would love to have you join Mike. 👍

The tuners are responsible to build the cars to spec, and set them on share, all a driver has to do is add some friends, borrow their cars, and hit the track with them. :)

If friends room is an issue, well, I'm going to be using a second account now, since my GTP_CSL tag has grown full, so if you don't have room, it's not too hard to just make another PSN, and use that.
The tuners should be able to send you the friend requests too, since there's always more tuners then drivers, it's much easier on everyone that way.

Hope to see you in. :D

DigitalBaka
Missed me. I will tune and test. My DigitalBaka PSN should still have room. 👍
Gotcha.👍

Depends on , how much PP over the 400 PP.

If it has 10+ PP over , this may need ages to get it under 400. :lol:

If it has 2 or 3 PP over , I guess it needs 10 full laps on the Ring to get it down.

btw You have 1% power limiter use available ;)

raVer

Depends on , how much PP over the 400 PP.

If it has 10+ PP over , this may need ages to get it under 400. :lol:

If it has 2 or 3 PP over , I guess it needs 10 full laps on the Ring to get it down.

raVer
But the test driver doesn't have to do that, the tuner does.
Knowing Mike's love for driving the Ring, I assume that's what he's interested in, though he could do either, or both, of course.

BTW, am I sharing your car again?

Would love to have you join Mike. 👍

The tuners are responsible to build the cars to spec, and set them on share, all a driver has to do is add some friends, borrow their cars, and hit the track with them. :)

If friends room is an issue, well, I'm going to be using a second account now, since my GTP_CSL tag has grown full, so if you don't have room, it's not too hard to just make another PSN, and use that.
The tuners should be able to send you the friend requests too, since there's always more tuners then drivers, it's much easier on everyone that way.

Hope to see you in. :D

Gotcha.👍

Im joining then, as a tester. :)
I have tons of space, i think i only have 4-5 friends on my psn account lol, i almost never play the game online due to the online physic :crazy:

Thx CSL

Im joining then, as a tester. :)
I have tons of space, i think i only have 4-5 friends on my psn account lol, i almost never play the game online due to the online physic :crazy:

Thx CSL
Awesome, welcome aboard. :cheers:
Is the PSN GTP_Mike_Peperni?

I have my car shared on my account.It´s the black one if you you want to test it.

raVer
So is that the PSN you'll be hosting your car from?

BTW guys, I just made a new account, since the other one was kinda my gf's, and this will be real hard to remember ;) it's CSLACR. :D
I'll send out FR's to all tuners sometime soon, since most of you already added me on GTP_CSL.

So is that the PSN you'll be hosting your car from?

BTW guys, I just made a new account, since the other one was kinda my gf's, and this will be real hard to remember ;) it's CSLACR. :D
I'll send out FR's to all tuners sometime soon, since most of you already added me on GTP_CSL.

I can shoot you the car on on your new account if you want , since I haven´t too much space on mine for the testers.

Edit:

Did send FR to CSLACR and my car is off from share.

raVer

Last edited:
The arapaima, pirarucu, or paiche (Arapaima gigas) is a South American tropical freshwater fish. It is a living fossil and one of the largest freshwater fishes in the world.

I pretty much figured, but if I'd assumed that, different fish from tuna would have meant testers. :crazy:

I'm not surprised that Praiano knew what an arapaima was. I watch the guy on left on TV quite often (Jeremy Wade). He had some ribs broken by an arapaima when it jumped into his boat. They're notorious for jumping. Sorry for the confussion CSLACR, I like my weird fish :sly:

arapaima-324x205.jpg

Tyre wear off..?? Hmmmm, I'll be re-running some of my contenders today then, see if I can get my 8:37-8:38s laps a bit closer to the mythical 8:30......

{Cy}

Managed to gather all 5 of my choices together. Was a surprisingly painless procedure actually :sly: Found the TF160 quickly then got the Skyline and Lancer together. Haven't tested the lot of them yet but have noticed some things.

Firstly, the Skyline. It has a very bizarre glitch to it. When I put the power limiter to 99.9%, instead of staying at the HP it is at (most likely), it goes down from its HP stat of 199 to 190. Not to mention it loses about 5PP too. Technically I haven't put the power limiter over the 1% limit, so it is legal, but the way it glitches up as such probably would make it banned. Clarification, CSL?

Also, the Skyline breaks the 400PP limit if you rebuild it - goes to 402. Again though, the power limiter glitch means it goes below the limit again if you set it below 100%.

I've only got definitive parts setups for the MGF and RX-7 thus far as they were the ones I had prior to this and the only ones I've remotely tested so far (mainly basing the parts setup on which exhaust sounds best :P). However, depending on if the Skyline glitch stands by the rules, if it doesn't, I have that at 400PP anyway.

Also, the MG TF160 loses its roof colour when you paint it, but the roof seems a bit discoloured compared to the rest of the car. Completely off topic, but eh.

And finally, I have decided not to use any irreversible mods. This means no weight reduction, but that shouldn't matter seeing as the only car that's slightly heavy is the RX-7 at 1280kg. The Skyline and TF160 are in the 1100s while the MGF and Lancer are in the 1000 range.

Wow…someone's done there homework. :boggled:

Meanwhile…I'm considering on weather my Prius should be a side bet thing with Roj and go with something that will piss the hell out of C-ZETA. :D

And CSLACR, why do I have a '*' next to my name? I'm in, that's given, it's just a question of how crap a car can I cook up. :lol:

Wow…someone's done there homework. :boggled:

and go with something that will piss the hell out of C-ZETA. :D

I haven't even finished it yet. :P Haven't done this much testing really since 600PP shootout, and that's the best I've ever finished in one shootout...

If you're looking for a Skyline GTS, then look away because the only one that specifically fits under 400PP to begin with is the GTS25. The '89 GTS fits dead on 400 but then you have no room to tune it. The '91 GTS you're stumped with though. 403PP. If you pick a GTS-R R31 though, I'll be very happy. That thing was an honorable mention for me - got good power, but also quite heavy. I liked it in GT4 though :)

I haven't even finished it yet. :P Haven't done this much testing really since 600PP shootout, and that's the best I've ever finished in one shootout...

If you're looking for a Skyline GTS, then look away because the only one that specifically fits under 400PP to begin with is the GTS25. The '89 GTS fits dead on 400 but then you have no room to tune it. The '91 GTS you're stumped with though. 403PP. If you pick a GTS-R R31 though, I'll be very happy. That thing was an honorable mention for me - got good power, but also quite heavy. I liked it in GT4 though :)

Meh…I've never finished well in any shootout. :lol: I want to at least try and succeed in one before going into my usual facking around with stupid cars thing.

Not if the ones are with stupidly high miles. :P Though I might not use it anyway, but rather the R31 as you said. Or just stick with something like a MX5 with a load of power.

And Roj, I'll still do the Prius, but as a side bet. :P

The Volvo 240 GLT estate '88 ..... hint hint hint :sly:
So in an attempt to gain an overwhelming HP advantage that would see me running away from the pack on the straights I tried the Volvo at full weight. Unfortunately you only end up with mid 260s HP. Oh well took it to the ring where I found it to be an incredibly comfortable and easy to drive car. Just one problem though...it....doesn't accelerate.....well......at.......all. So it ends up around 30 seconds off the pace for me.:drool::crazy:

Yee gads..!! Apart from the inception of this Shootout, this is the call of the contest. It's been so long since I've raced this track without tyre wear on, that I'd forgotten how hard you can attack the latter stages of this track. What a complete hoot. Not that it's a hardship, but I've got to go re-test some other cars...

{Cy}

PS - Who knew Comfrot Soft tyres had this much grip..?!?!

Back