400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
Yee gads..!! Apart from the inception of this Shootout, this is the call of the contest. It's been so long since I've raced this track without tyre wear on, that I'd forgotten how hard you can attack the latter stages of this track. What a complete hoot. Not that it's a hardship, but I've got to go re-test some other cars...

{Cy}

PS - Who knew Comfrot Soft tyres had this much grip..?!?!
Not sure if its that I've gotten used to running 600PP monsters that are on edge even wearing RS tires or what but I have to keep double checking myself to make sure I.have CS tires on because all my cars are handling so well.:odd:

Was expecting more of a slidefest!:lol:

Not sure if its that I've gotten used to running 600PP monsters that are on edge even wearing RS tires or what but I have to keep double checking myself to make sure I.have CS tires on because all my cars are handling so well.:odd:

Was expecting more of a slidefest!:lol:

Yea, the CS tyres definitely do surprise you. In a good way.

Though I love how my car is coming along, a lap of 8:50.xxx is sub par and I hate that. Gonna redo the gearbox. Again. And redo the parts list. For the 3rd part. :grumpy:

………

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU USING?! Y U SO FACKING FAST. :grumpy:

Ok, screw this, I'm pulling the Punto out of retirement. :lol:

A three door family hatchback. Not a Pug though, I've yet to try any of them. I'm sure the 206 RC is going to be lightning quick... :sly:

{Cy}

PS - I've put in hundreds and hundreds of mile at this track, in cars of this PP range. Above 500PP and I really start to struggle to control cars at the 'Schleife, I'm not the man I used to be and the reactions are a little slower now...

A three door family hatchback. Not a Pug though, I've yet to try any of them. I'm sure the 206 RC is going to be lightning quick... :sly:

{Cy}

PS - I've put in hundreds and hundreds of mile at this track, in cars of this PP range. Above 500PP and I really start to struggle to control cars at the 'Schleife, I'm not the man I used to be and the reactions are a little slower now...
Weirdly, looking in my garage, I've found a 106 that was at 400PP, and in the short drive of barely a 1/3 of the lap, it was quite a bit faster than the sodding MX5 I was working on. And a heck of a lot more fun.

Wow. So tyre wear being turned off is worth about 7 secs a lap :eek: Down in the 8:32 range now...

{Cy}
The tire wear principally on the ring is the most stupid update PD has made lately. During the first lap with RS for example you can´t do any good time due to the cold tires and during the second lap the waste don´t allow you to push hard during the last third of the circuit.

I still discover fast cars today. I have 4 under 8.30, 3 toyota and 1 mazda. All NO premium cars. Premium are good , more grip it seems, but slower. Till now.
I will detune a new 86GT i have ,just to check.

I managed a sub 8:30 lap last night with a Toyota (With Aero), havent tried without yet. I think I can get a nissan just as quick though and possibly a Merc but havent tested that yet.

I managed a sub 8:30 lap last night with a Toyota (With Aero), havent tried without yet. I think I can get a nissan just as quick though and possibly a Merc but havent tested that yet.

I use aero 5 when the PP of the car allow this. Strangely its not slower and give you more confidence to push the car. At this low PP any little mistake is from 1 to 3 seconds lost. Better have a safe car unless you are one of those E.T.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

It's a shame that there's no prize for having the most annoying car, because I'm doing fairly well in that department right now. :lol:

It's a shame that there's no prize for having the most annoying car, because I'm doing fairly well in that department right now. :lol:

Yea, and you'll be alone there, cuz Imma ditchin' the Prius! :D

At least, for the final entry, I am. Side bets based around the shootout rules are something different entirely. :P

Yea, and you'll be alone there, cuz Imma ditchin' the Prius! :D

At least, for the final entry, I am. Side bets based around the shootout rules are something different entirely. :P

You goof. :P I do wish the Prius could actually reach 400PP though, it would've been even more annoying than the Insight. :lol:

I like how my Insight does low 8:40's in my hands, but will probably do 10+ mins in the testers' hands, because the CVT transmission and its lack of engine braking is going to drive them up the wall. :dopey:

I wonder what kubelwagen can do, or sambabus.

I did not test the all lap but the kubelwagen is 9 second slower at the second intermediary time. 1.41 against 1.32 for the best cars. Its a very good car on less high seed circuit, but not there. Samba bus i don´t have test it yet.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Samba bus i don´t have test it yet.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Needless to say, having tuned all classic VWs fully, I have to say the Sambabus should be avoided for this shootout. Trying to get around the odd powerband that thing has with a Mid RPM turbo is annoying, so I suspect if anything you'll have to go with a naturally aspirated engine and I don't know if a Sambabus can reach 400PP without a turbo. Don't think it will, even with 440PP with a turbo...

You goof. :P I do wish the Prius could actually reach 400PP though, it would've been even more annoying than the Insight. :lol:

I like how my Insight does low 8:40's in my hands, but will probably do 10+ mins in the testers' hands, because the CVT transmission and its lack of engine braking is going to drive them up the wall. :dopey:

It reaches 350PP. At least. :P :lol:

CVT gearbox in stupid car = 👎

Why not just use a CRZ? Or is that over the limit?

Brrr... getting 8.45 with a brand new Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07.

Outside the 8.30 mark - but I don't have a racing wheel so I dunno how much difference that would make. If any good drivers with a wheel want to test it out mssg me PSN GUNmajorSABOTUR and I will send you the car with setup.

Its balanced with loads of grip but I'm already feeling like getting another car to try out.

I know what car I'm using now. Used Praiano's testing method with going up to the second sector only to find the fastest car and I now have the results in. Not telling you what it is though! :P

Just scared myself silly. 8:29.9. I know there are faster people and cars out there, but I think I've found my car. It shouldn't be at the top of the pile, according to the stats, but there it sits...

{Cy}

As top gear returns today, i went british! Pick up a Spitfire from the standard lot, some parts in it and there we go, hoping that it would be perfect and a huge strike at luck!!

Result: 9 minutes lap -.- jesus crist...:banghead:

EDIT: cykosis, did you put some cayenne pepper in the fuel??

Last edited:
EDIT: cykosis, did you put some cayenne pepper in the fuel??

Not really sure what I did to it. Everything else I've done, to every other car I've tried, hasn't come close. I've got one contender I know that's fast enough to get close and a couple of others still left to test.

I've not even looked at RWD cars yet and doubt I will now. If I get beaten by the RWD entries, then fair enough, but I'm sticking up for the FWD crew...

{Cy}

Not really sure what I did to it. Everything else I've done, to every other car I've tried, hasn't come close. I've got one contender I know that's fast enough to get close and a couple of others still left to test.

I've not even looked at RWD cars yet and doubt I will now. If I get beaten by the RWD entries, then fair enough, but I'm sticking up for the FWD crew...

{Cy}
So is that Avantine really faster with an F1 wing?:lol:

{Cy}

My second car I´ve done is also a FWD and it can easy do 8:27s but I stay with my 1st choice. :)

raVer

So is that Avantine really faster with an F1 wing?:lol:

Hadn't thought about the Avantime, that's got plenty of beans. I have tried the 2.0 Clio RenaultSport and if it were just a bit faster, it'd be a great entry. Really can't fault the handling, an absolute dream, just s.l..o...w...

{Cy}

EDIT:
My second car I´ve done is also a FWD and it can easy do 8:27s but I stay with my 1st choice. :)

raVer

I can't wait to see what a properly fast driver can do with my car. I'm hoping my 8:29 won't be that outstanding by the time the testers have finished ... fingers crossed 👍

Back