400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
It appears I'm not on the tuners list. Did I miss a post saying I'm disqualified for wanting to use a hybrid car or did I just get missed out? :lol:

It appears I'm not on the tuners list. Did I miss a post saying I'm disqualified for wanting to use a hybrid car or did I just get missed out? :lol:
I heard CSLACR mention something about how adding a 10mile long extension cord and a power converter box didn't really count as tuning!:crazy::lol:

I heard CSLACR mention something about how adding a 10mile long extension cord and a power converter box didn't really count as tuning!:crazy::lol:

Well screw him then! I'll take my Trollsight and take my leave then. :lol:

Actually that raises a point. What's stopping anyone from entering a car with zero actual tuning and just a load of bolt-on parts? Might have to try that in a future shootout... 💡

I'm not saying my car isn't actually set up, but what actually counts as tuning?

Actually that raises a point. What's stopping anyone from entering a car with zero actual tuning and just a load of bolt-on parts? Might have to try that in a future shootout... 💡

I'm not saying my car isn't actually set up, but what actually counts as tuning?

Throwing parts on the car is tuning. Oil change , altering the BB and PL is not. ;)

raVer

Throwing parts on the car is tuning. Oil change , altering the BB and PL is not. ;)

raVer

So if I used the fixed suspension kit, close-ratio gearbox and just didn't bother with the LSD, I could enter that into a shootout? Doesn't that kind of defeat the point of a tuning contest though? :lol:

I don't even know where I'm going with this by the way. I just don't have anything to say about my car so I'm talking about the first thing that popped into my head. :lol:

The only requirement I'm going with is the classic, "all cars must be fully broken in" rule. So as long as it's got 200 miles, it's good to go.
I am aware there's a few bugged cars in the game that do weird things going to 99.9% power limiter, but I just don't think it's a huge deal, just possible gems hidden amongst the ranks. ;)

Can I get in on this too?

I've got a AW11 ready to be tested.
Yes you can.:)

:dopey:

:lol: Awesome.

I believe the fact that someone else could simply add those parts, do some tuning and presumably crush you? ;)

Updating post #2 now.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6582467#post6582467
If you're missing, or not listed properly, let me know.
Check PSN id, tuner/tester, etc.

CSLACR
I am aware there's a few bugged cars in the game that do weird things going to 99.9% power limiter, but I just don't think it's a huge deal, just possible gems hidden amongst the ranks. ;)

Thanks for clarifying. Not that it matters now seeing that the car I picked was not the Skyline. And all the cars I did buy were used so I'm already there with break-in.

I think I need to get the car a bit more loose again in turns. With the setup it has all traces of oversteer are gone but it feels awfully numb on turn-in as a result.

I've got a few contenders on share. Shame the Pug isn't quite quick enough.

Oh and before I forget, CSLACR, I might have found something of yours yesterday. When trying to save the settings for my Focus ST170, I was informed I already had a ST170 page. There's every chance that they're the settings from an unsubmitted entry of yours for the FWD Shootout last year. I'll slap them on a car later, if it drives well, then I'll assume they belong to you :sly:

{Cy}

Back from the dead?!?!? :lol:
You can save settings? :dopey:

Aaaaah, yeah, you can if you're a sad sack like me. I have a spreadsheet thing that I keep build info in. Naturally I have a seperate sheet for each car. Does any of the below sound familiar..?? I have the rest if it does...

RH == 5 / -35
SR == 13.8 / 6.8
EXT == 10 / 5
COMP == 8 / 4

{Cy}

Aaaaah, yeah, you can if you're a sad sack like me. I have a spreadsheet thing that I keep build info in. Naturally I have a seperate sheet for each car. Does any of the below sound familiar..?? I have the rest if it does...

RH == 5 / -35
SR == 13.8 / 6.8
EXT == 10 / 5
COMP == 8 / 4

{Cy}
Sounds in the ballpark, definitely. Nice find.👍

@Cy and CSLACR I'm a bit confused on the origins of the tune in question. Cy said it was from my FF shootout last spring but wasn't CSLACR strictly a test driver for that event?

@Cy and CSLACR I'm a bit confused on the origins of the tune in question. Cy said it was from my FF shootout last spring but wasn't CSLACR strictly a test driver for that event?
You forget, old one. CSLACR also, after testing, set about trying to tune a FF as a plaything to keep himself entertained. I even remember him asking us to test it. I chickened out cuz my life insurance wasn't renewed yet. :lol:

doh, for some reason i assumed it was just under 400pp.
thanks for the reality check.
I believe the ones I have in my garage (under 10k miles) are sitting at 405 - 406PP with no oil change/engine rebuild...tantalizingly close but don't feel like wasting the next few days running them in the hopes they might be competitive if I could just get them to 400PP.

I do have a 230 Kompressor with no oil change/engine rebuild that is currently at 399PP and seems to be a contender but again I'm not sure I want to spend the time and effort to continue running it until the PP stops droping on every lap or two of the ring.:dopey:

@Onboy yeah I did forget about that...:drool:

Just FYI guys, mileage doesn't take effect until a run is complete.
So if you enter a car that's dropping mileage, when testers take it out, it'll have that power until the end the session.
of course if the tester exits and re-enters the track a lot, you could lose a bit of power, but I doubt 1-4 HP is going to decide the shootout, so, yeah. Just something to think about.

Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800GSR IC Turbo '83
Another all-rounder, though slightly lighter and less powerful to start with than the others. With enough upgrades here though I might well be able to do it.

Have you driven this one yet? I've tried hard to make it fast on SS tires at 450pp and it's a hunk of junk. Major understeer, poor weight distribution, and with only a 5 speed tranny, pretty slow in a straight line too. I'd love to see someone produce a fast tune for it but I've never seen it be a competitive car.

You forget, old one. CSLACR also, after testing, set about trying to tune a FF as a plaything to keep himself entertained. I even remember him asking us to test it. I chickened out cuz my life insurance wasn't renewed yet. :lol:

He was and as the Boy says, it was just something CSL put together at the time. It wasn't a submission. I asked him about it recently, because I remember it being a bit good, but he'd lost it in a corrupt game save, or something similar.

Not that I remembered doing it, but fortunately for him, I wrote it down. Long story short, the car is back with it's rightful owner... 👍

{Cy}

So if you enter a car that's dropping mileage, when testers take it out, it'll have that power until the end the session.
of course if the tester exits and re-enters the track a lot, you could lose a bit of power, but I doubt 1-4 HP is going to decide the shootout, so, yeah. Just something to think about.

Do miles even get recorded in borrowed cars? I though the borrow system didn't tax the owner of the car with any wear issues?

Erm...

No.

I've done enough break-in runs at SSRX to know that this isn't the case. On a fresh car you'll gain power for a bit due to break-in, then the "oil advantage" will start fading back away after about 120 miles or so.

Have you driven this one yet? I've tried hard to make it fast on SS tires at 450pp and it's a hunk of junk. Major understeer, poor weight distribution, and with only a 5 speed tranny, pretty slow in a straight line too. I'd love to see someone produce a fast tune for it but I've never seen it be a competitive car.

I tried it out and it was in the middle of the 5 cars I tested, actually. Think it felt vaguely normal to drive with the setup I gave it. Needless to say, that's another one I haven't picked.

Back