50 Greatest liveries of all time.

• Thread starter albteman015
  • 1,626 comments
It might've been plain, but I always liked the Pro Markt livery Mercedes and Opel used in the DTM.
ProMarkt_mercedes2-vi.jpg

Bq01IJ_IgAAZDdh.jpg

tumblr_nduhzrhApv1r0brpio1_500.jpg

I also always was a big fan of Bryan Herta's livery.
Bryan-Herta-MCB.jpg

herta_bryan01.jpg

It's not the greatest shot in the world, but I quite like the Gresini Aprillia MotoGP livery:

QSjTkbQ3yogrMWzEdmvzcJpiN20eCOtLXBqj8RVScWdoc1TdavWTJyZzPwzLx0dwv0pEKAnOPjRleGz4r2T9xEMLo3JsSAenyLwfY08ChkQOWfczEgJv_mhZGEA=w512-h288-nc

It's a shame it's so slow. You only ever see it on television if it's the first part of qualifying or if a rider goes down.

Watching the 1980 Bathurst on DVD. I was reminded how nice the Channel 7 Falcon looked. Really clean.

LAKECLASS12%207MORRISCARA.JPG

That's really lovely. And the car itself has that Ford Europe/Ford Australia joint design language of the late 70s and early 80s I really like with the slatted grille, square body and square lights.

Great car, great scheme.

I do miss the Xanavi liveries, but you can't really call 7 years ago "modern". The R34 isn't even Super GT.

hsv
I do miss the Xanavi liveries, but you can't really call 7 years ago "modern". The R34 isn't even Super GT.
I was more thinking about the 350Z and GT-R when I said modern.

It might not be full size motorsport, but there are a lot of iconic RC liveries. They sort of follow the same colours and patterns as helmet designs.

JD Beckwith's Yokomo colours are a bit forgotten now, but I love the dripping clusters of pink-ish red contrasted with the uniformity of the pale yellow lines, all against the deep metallic blue base. It's a shame he dropped that scheme.

Duke4.jpg

Duke3.jpg

Not a Rheinard fan, but he's always had the best touring cars shells:

Sat-RheinardTRF418-1.jpg

REEDY%20RACE%202010%20507.JPG

fri-rheinardcar.jpg

Closely followed by Mr. Hara, his arch rival. :D

sat-haraact.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

I think a predominantly white base with pink works no matter what, but the final colour can really bring it to life. I'd love to see more 1:1 liveries use a mix of white and pink.

Back