500pp Club. Closed

• Thread starter CTR Driver
  • 1,160 comments
Well, seeing the "likes" distribution to our little discussion, it seems I represent an unpopular opinion. I guess I'll adapt my car choices as well to make the battle for 4th a battle for 1st again.

I for one would like to see a balanced grid. That is something I have tried to accomplish in my clubs.

But this is GC's club and as it is anyone can set their own goal. My goal when I joined was to tame the Z8. I was fairly succesful with that.

@Third Reign you can fight for the top slot and show your alien skills :) or use the RUF ( or other unoptimal car ) and get the respect and occasional battle with midfield perhaps?

Last edited:
If I may just quote the Front page.

Welcome to 500pp club, a place for casual racing, for fast and slow, n00b and pro alike.The focus here will be more camaraderie and embracing your own personal challenge.

If the personal challenge one sets for themselves is to Win,Win,Win, Then do what you need to do..

If its the Camaraderie that brings you here,then its a lot more straight forward...

Faster drivers in the (better Cars)...we all know what cars they are.That can get old quite fast..

Slower drivers in the (better cars) can throw up a lot more challanges for
everybody.

I would like to see an extra allowance in the power limiter for cars over 1500Kg.Most of the cars that I enjoy driving are heavy beasts but can be very slow under current Regs.. Just a Thought..

Some extra variety is to be included in our next outing

Additional lounge/Track settings
Grip: Real
Damage: Heavy
Penalties: Off
Track time: 08:20
Time progression: 1
Weather at start: 20%
Weather changability: 2
Tyres: Sports Hard (Racing :Wet and intermediate are not allowed. If conditions worsen Comfort Tyres are allowed to be used)
Fuel/Tyre depletion: Normal
Grid: Slowest first

Let's have some damp morning fun in Belgium gentlemen.

Last edited:
I'm in for this one if that's okay? I've "entered" the event via the community club page. I've now acquired the 111r Elise - if I can get to grips with it would it be accepted? Spa is my favourite circuit of all, really looking forward to racing there! I made a pilgrimage to the track on my motorcycle a couple of years ago so I could kiss the hallowed tarmac

https://app.box.com/s/xnrg4wdkshwrvptpgz6x1wu0vrczbtfn

Last edited:
I'm in for this one if that's okay? I've "entered" the event via the community club page. I've now acquired the 111r Elise - if I can get to grips with it would it be accepted? Spa is my favourite circuit of all, really looking forward to racing there! I made a pilgrimage to the track on my motorcycle a couple of years ago so I could kiss the hallowed tarmac
https://app.box.com/s/xnrg4wdkshwrvptpgz6x1wu0vrczbtfn
If the 111r allows you to "mix it up" with some drivers, more power to you.

Apricot%20Hill%20Raceway_zpsdvxyucbd.jpg

My clio looks terrible. The calipers and body are supposed to be the same color.

Great racing and valuable experience - having started on pole owing to an off in quali (which had me pitting for the damage, and then I got out too late to complete a flying lap) I managed to hold onto the lead for a lap and a half, the Dino making up in straight line speed for what I was giving up in the corners. Alas I hit the barrier again and pitted again at which point I was last. Some clean laps and I was catching bergele and passed him for 8th which I held on to for a few laps until I made another mistake and he got by. I was closing again but yet another error saw me pitting again with 10 minutes to go as the rain started, so I switched to comfort softs but I couldn't find any grip and bimbled around in a distant last trying to avoid holding up the leaders until the flag. If only I can find some consistency I reckon the Dino might serve me well for the remainder of the season, as it's awesomely quick and in more skilled hands would surely be a serious contender.

Thanks Gary for hosting a great race!

Great fun last nite. Brilliant track. I got lucky, i think, especially after capt.d bounced off the wall. Renault is retired and i've picked brands gp for the next one.

Thanks GC.

Is this a tuned to 500pp or a no tune spec race?
Yesterday at Spa was a tuned event. The next one at Brands Hatch GP will also be a tuned event. If you are referring to the Club Vs. Club event tonight, that is a tuning prohibited event.
Great fun last nite. Brilliant track. I got lucky, i think, especially after capt.d bounced off the wall. Renault is retired and i've picked brands gp for the next one.

Thanks GC.
Oh yeah. I knew there was something I needed to update today :dunce:💡:lol:

Last edited:
Apologies for this being a week later than it should be. Here are the results from our Ferrari F430 @ Monza Club Vs Club event.
FerrariMonza%20CvC_zpsyjhiu1hj.png

500pp club take the victory on this occasion.
Discussion has begun on the next match up. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

With our next meet only a few days away I have turned some attention to the possible "stock" events offered for the following event. It seems to me the Ferrari Enzo Vs. Lamborghini Aventador match up may be un-workable. With this in mind I'm changing the winners choice to Enzo or Aventador @ Monza.

I hope to see you this coming Saturday at Brands Hatch 👍

A fun event this weekend gone. With a few different cars being selected, along with some old favourites. It falls to @GTP_ADE to select the next "stock spec event" from
  • Ferrari Enzo @ Monza
  • Lamborghini Aventador @ Monza
  • Mitsubishi Lancers Evolution GSR P.P '07 Vs Subaru Impreza WRX STI '10 @ Tsukuba with weather on.

Last edited:
A fun event this weekend gone. With a few different cars being selected, along with some old favourites. It falls to @GTP_ADE to select the next "stock spec event" from
  • Ferrari Enzo @ Monza
  • Lamborghini Aventador @ Monza
  • Mitsubishi Lancers Evolution GSR P.P '07 Vs Subaru Impreza WRX STI '10 @ Tsukuba with weather on.

Cheers Gary. It was a great event, although it really was the car that won and not me. But hey ho, time to garage the Elise and pick something fresh for the next race.

My choice for the stock event will have to be the Lambo/Monza combo. Reasons, the Enzo is a pig and I hate driving in the rain.

Back