500pp Club. Closed

• Thread starter CTR Driver
  • 1,160 comments
Well done cpt. I looked down at the dash at the wrong moment, missed me braking point by miles and strait into the wall. And that rere wing rising and falling, couldn't take my eye's off it. Great crack, especially when you figure out how to stop the yoke.

The customary update to the OP is now done.

I have added a few old pictures to post 2. I'm still shamed to admit I don't have the time to take as many pictures as I once did.

In other news. A gauntlet has been thrown in my general vicinity and it would be rude for me to not undertake the challenge. Expect my usual S2000 to be replaced by an agreed car. For this event at least.

I hope to have an event set up in the club over this weekend.

The race this Saturday gone was a fun affair for me. Changing car and running a Nissan 300zx Twin turbo. When I set it up for this track I had peak times of 1:18.4 but for some reason, on the night, the best I could achieve was a 1:19.3. The grip on the track just didn't seem to be there. That said I was hitting mid 1:19 for most of the race. A level of consistency I'm unaccustomed to. The cherry on the cake would have been to stay damage free but that wasn't to be. I picked up some slight damage about 5 minutes before the chequered flag. I bit the bullet and soldiered on with the injury, surprised to find I could still manage 1:20's.

I'm up for a rematch at the next venue, in the Nissan if my opponent wants one. :D

I've updated the OP and looking a little further forward put up some options for the tuning prohibited race in August.

A few snaps from our recent outing. Also added to post 2. They are only from the first 3 or so laps, but it felt good to put in a little photographic effort after a bit of a dry spell.

Mid-Field%20Raceway_2_zps7le6pjhg.jpg

Mid-Field%20Raceway_1_zpsltd9h4eu.jpg

Mid-Field%20Raceway_zpsclrqsbhd.jpg

Mid-Field%20Raceway_3_zpsmx5ee7a9.jpg

Bearing in mind there may be a bit of traffic here soon.

Club Vs Club...

Red bull Jr....

Thoughts?

Track to be decided. Suggestions welcomed.

Sorry GC will not be on tonight would have loved to do this ... the KTM is an awesome car but sadly I have a life :D and have to get up very early the next day ... plus I'm having a very very bad GT day ... (can't drift can't drive everything has gone to ****)

The KTM's rarely disappoint. This Saturday gone was no exeption. I managed a damage free race and took 3rd place on the podium. Had there been one more lap that may have been different, with Cpt_D chasing me down.

Our Victor was megg230 and has asked for another one make, Tuning prohibited race.

Renault Clio R.S '11 on Sports Hard Tyres at Silverstone national.

As the next Race should be a 500pp I have said I'll ask and see what response it generates.

What do you think? Renault or 500pp? Try it out and let me know.

It is with a heavy heart that I must temporarily retire from sim racing due to multiple circumstances involving college and my available equipment. I wish all my past competitors good luck!

It is with a heavy heart that I must temporarily retire from sim racing due to multiple circumstances involving college and my available equipment. I wish all my past competitors good luck!
I wish you well and hope you overcome the hurdles that have been put in front of you.

You can all blame me for picking the clio. It's only a suggestion but if you can forget it's "10 hp of french crap" (lol) and hopefully get more than 4 or 5 people it might throw up some good bumper to bumper racing. The clio handles well and is very easy to drive which leaves you more time to concentrate on stuffing it up the inside of the guy in front of you. As cpt said "you know it makes sense" and it would be great to see a group of cars fighting for the lead. Sales pitch over.

With the opinions voiced from all I've been in contact with over the last week, it looks like the choice is to run the stock Clio R.S.

On another note our friends at ready or not racing are running a TT league using the recommended garage.

One week to post your best time and afterwards times are tallied and scored accordingly.

Drop by here and have a look if you have time.

Hey Guys, is the club open to new members, my psn is jamsy, got a g27 with rig, cheers
We're open to new drivers willing to run with heavy damage.

The next Race is No Tuning Renault Clio R.S '11 at Silverstone national. On 26th September.

I'll send you a friend request sometime later today.

With the opinions voiced from all I've been in contact with over the last week, it looks like the choice is to run the stock Clio R.S.

On another note our friends at ready or not racing are running a TT league using the recommended garage.

One week to post your best time and afterwards times are tallied and scored accordingly.

Drop by here and have a look if you have time.
Thanks for the plug. Will be scoring based on fastest time each week with shortest overall time after 10th week the Champion.

Great fun last nite in the clio's. Myself and damon/paul swapping places for most of the race. Brilliant. When it started raining i couldnt keep with you and was nearly caught by gc. As the irish say, that was f.....n great crack!

Congrats to warren on the win and thank you GC for allowing my request.

This morning I was kindly reminded that I have a party to attend to tonight. That means my 512BB wil go back under the covers to race another day. Have fun gentlemen.

Back