60+ New GT5 Screens on IGN

• Thread starter Jakemania
  • 64 comments
this track looks really good imo

A little plain yes but still good.

You want to see cartoony go download the nurburgring f1 track for forza 3.
Its like im racing in super mario land, and the pics on the net are NOT what its like in the game.

worst dlc track ive ever seen.

And my tv is perfectly set up btw

this track looks really good imo

A little plain yes but still good.

You want to see cartoony go download the nurburgring f1 track for forza 3.
Its like im racing in super mario land, and the pics on the net are NOT what its like in the game.

worst dlc track ive ever seen.

And my tv is perfectly set up btw

I'll take your word for it. I wouldn't expect much out of T10 anyway

This looks too... cartoony

I absolutely cannot believe some of you people.

PD bust their arses for five years trying to bring you the best game they can, yet you always find something to complain about.

I, for one, am damn grateful for all their good effort. Nice one, Kaz 👍

I couldn't be happier about the Test Track being included, one of the best things about GT5 (to me). Unbelievable!

They've gone all out on the background details though with that Top Gear Test Track. I mean look.. they've even included the Boeing 747 you always see.

Also, I would like to see more of these but with different cars. I wonder if this is a Photomode location.
gran-turismo-5-20100616063604331.jpg

The sky is looking too blue, the grass a lot too green and the road looks.. stale. As well as the buildings. Very 2D and not really much definition

Go outside and take a look a bright, clear, sunny day, the sky is really blue, and the grass is really green. Our eyes aren't like some desaturated burnt out photo!

this is real

1160495084_f0f61082be.jpg

With most driving games in the PS3 and especially GT5 Prologue I have a separate pre-set where I reduce saturation, adjust each of the colour saturation and hue, reduce contrast while increasing brightness. Just this little tweak makes a huge difference in giving you a more realistic colour pallate and image presence.

Using the same kind of adjustment in PS, I've tried to replicate the result with the Top Gear track shots from IGN:

Original I (IGN)

Original II

jesus they look fantastic :drool:

That thing you call "cartoony" has and will always be PD's style. If you would like for it to be less bright, change the settings on your television. You have till November to get it perfect. ;)

That thing you call "cartoony" has and will always be PD's style. If you would like for it to be less bright, change the settings on your television. You have till November to get it perfect. ;)

oddly i always thought forza was the cartoon one, and GT had a more drab lifelike look

oddly i always thought forza was the cartoon one, and GT had a more drab lifelike look

Well, I've noticed the XBox having brighter colors in general, but I can still see why someone would call it "cartoony". Although, I prefer to call it beautiful.

👍

Most of these new screens just don't seem up to par with what we've seen recently. The front on pic of the Focus WRC car is astounding. Pretty much all of the 2010 Camaro SS ones look bodgy, obviously a non-premium model.

Anyone notice the licencensed tyre companies in these pics ?.The yellow/black Z28 has goodyear tyres on.Now i'm thinking crossply tyres & a Shelby GT500 oooooooh yeeeeeeeah.

Anyone notice the licencensed tyre companies in these pics ?.The yellow/black Z28 has goodyear tyres on.Now i'm thinking crossply tyres & a Shelby GT500 oooooooh yeeeeeeeah.

Well spotted! Also the old school Challenger has Goodyears aswell.

looks like a HDR pic to me

I think what lacks in the Top Gear test track is the debth to the grass like in say the pic above.

If you look at the objects they cast a shadow but on the angles of the buildings and such there are no shades... I think thats why it looks so bland..
Thats just my oppinion. :D

That thing you call "cartoony" has and will always be PD's style.
What is that BS? PD's style has always been photo realism, and it still is. I can't believe you guys who are complaining about these pictures! They're perfect!

I hope there are not blocking barriers on the Top Gear track so you can go wild around the whole track like they do in the show!.

p.s why did they ever take out the test track from GT3? :(

Yeah seriously. The game has never looked so incredible, and this is parallel to ALL of the uprated physics, AI, dynamic daylight, everything! AND people are still unhappy? Seriously with everything they've packed into this game, even if GT5 looked worse than Prologue I would forgive it.

There is no car game or sim with graphics that look even close to this, and still have to read the looks are cartoony. If I were Kaz I would quit.

Back