round2arcclassics.jpg

Cathedral Rocks Trail II ( Forward )Hotlap
Arcade Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Rally Car '85
-20% power 275bhp
and -10 weight 846kg
Default Dirt Tyres
Any top speed setting

Save your best 'CLEAN' hotlap replay
100% No wall contacts at all or restart!

Feel free to discuss all sectors
'Do not discuss your total laptime'

Please PM your final time to me before the deadline
Deadline = 12:00 noon GMT Saturday 21st October

----------------------------------------

arcclassicsround2results.jpg

My apologies to all for posting late yet again but I have been unavoidably detained since yesterday at work and my boss has to come first or the old cash flow will suffer :ill: .... sorry again guys! ... Next week I will be prepared well in advance just incase 👍

Hey Ron, I have one question.
Would it be ok for me to join late and start from round 2? I missed the sign up thread and this concept is very intriguing to me.
Thanks for your time 👍
Ben

Feel free to join in Ben and anyone else who fancies racing the remaining rounds are quite welcome to join in by simply letting me know in the race thread 👍

Welcome aboard and have fun kickin up some dirt ;)

Hmm... If Ben can come in, I missed the 1st race - I just didn't have a chance to submit at the end... So can I? This one should be fun. -20% power is good, Peugeot 205 Rally is good, track is good (although the one with Tarmac would've been better).

Around 20 laps and finally a clean one:

Don't have much patience with racing anymore, so this will most likely be my final result.

Good luck to the rest of you. 👍

Around 20 laps and finally a clean one:

Don't have much patience with racing anymore, so this will most likely be my final result.

Good luck to the rest of you. 👍

I hope it's only this rally round that you dont fancy racing Niels! I would hate to see one of the combo's I post put you right off GT altogether :scared:

Sorry you dont like it mate but at least its back on tar next week 👍

not sure what my T1 is but T2 in my best save is 53.990 ( seen 53.6 :ouch: )

Very good combo, Ron. Good call on -20% power ... it's very drivable :)

Nothing clean yet, but hovering around 54.1 at T2, using 280 kph top speed.

I hope it's only this rally round that you dont fancy racing Niels! I would hate to see one of the combo's I post put you right off GT altogether :scared:

Sorry you dont like it mate but at least its back on tar next week 👍

not sure what my T1 is but T2 in my best save is 53.990 ( seen 53.6 :ouch: )

Nothing to do with the combo Ron. :) I definitely don't like the new dirt tracks... or the dirt physics for the matter, but who does? :scared:

Even though last week was a real killer combo, patience only lasted for 2 sessions. :dopey:

This summer I quit my job and went back to school. Before that, I think racing was the vent from at the same time a stressful and boring job. Now my studies gives me a lot of energy and other interesting things to do. I still love to race and do find relaxation with it, but it's just not an obsession anymore, and I'm getting a lot more picky with what combo's I wanna race.

If it was not for the ARC there wouldn't be any races I wanted to race at all. So the only thing I can really blame you, is for keeping me in this frigging game. :mad: :lol:

I've done loads of laps and still not got a clean one! I don't think much of the new dirt tracks either :grumpy:

Last week was worse though I lost my patience after 1 session, so I know how you feel Niels.

Ran a few laps this afternoon and managed a clean one that was o.k. :indiff:

I don't mind the track but I'm allways behind the 8 ball, wish it was just a bit more open. What does bother me is all the invisible walls on most of the new tracks in gt4.

Such good fun :D :D :D

0'15.091 (0'14.9)
0'53.530

A couple of close calls, but the analyzer says it's clean :scared:

I'm not too sure about the last couple of corners, speed-wise. I'm braking a bit for the last left, then lifting for the right. How's everyone else doing the last bit?

A few people have mentioned having trouble getting a clean lap. My suggestion is to brake early, and don't be afraid to let the car coast. Keeping a good rhythm and not getting too sideways are the most important things 👍 👍

no submission from me this week - i like yellowstone only for its walls :drool: and that'd only do for no rules not for arc. so i'll wait for round 3.

Awesome splits Luke 👍

I also tap the brakes for the last left before the line and swing in tight to the right hand wall at full throttle :)

The bumpy jumpy part before the last left is the main pain in the ass on this combo for me as 1 out of 3 attempts at it I manage to keep it on a straight line :P

Hmm... If Ben can come in, I missed the 1st race - I just didn't have a chance to submit at the end... So can I? This one should be fun. -20% power is good, Peugeot 205 Rally is good, track is good (although the one with Tarmac would've been better).

Sorry mate missed this one yesterday :dopey: ... Feel free to take part 👍

Alright, and I also have some (crappy) splits:

Don't remember the T1, something in the '16 or '17 area...
T2: 1'00.301. I know where I went wide a bit, it's clean, though. I managed to pass my ghost by ~3 seconds, but still nothing clean.

Can't remember my splits, I beleive they were about 55.9-57 seconds at T2, I tried 190 gearing and others inbetween, not much difference really :)

Awesome splits Luke 👍

I also tap the brakes for the last left before the line and swing in tight to the right hand wall at full throttle :)

The bumpy jumpy part before the last left is the main pain in the ass on this combo for me as 1 out of 3 attempts at it I manage to keep it on a straight line :P

The part I'm having trouble with is keeping the back end from going around on me on the last left. I loose my lap there 2 out of 3 tries :(

I haven't had much trouble with the bumps before that, but maybe I'm not getting close enough to the berm on the right?

I'm using 180kph top speed, which means 2nd and 3rd most of the time. I'm using 1st for the double hairpins -- you lose a lot of time going uphill around the right-hand hairpin if your revs drop too low in 2nd.

Such good fun :D :D :D

A couple of close calls, but the analyzer says it's clean :scared:

I just tracked a few laps with the data logger, glad you mentioned that, as I found a few no-no's :ouch: . Anyways I saw something strange, a speed increase spike after the double hairpin and before the big lefty sweeper, something like from 40mph to 45mph. Never seen it before and I'm pretty sure I'm right in the middle of the track at that point. ???

I just tracked a few laps with the data logger, glad you mentioned that, as I found a few no-no's :ouch: . Anyways I saw something strange, a speed increase spike after the double hairpin and before the big lefty sweeper, something like from 40mph to 45mph. Never seen it before and I'm pretty sure I'm right in the middle of the track at that point. ???

I've noticed random increases in speed too (not quite as dramatic). I haven't seen anything conclusive, but I've got a few theories :dunce: The car could be cresting a hill (maybe in the air, so less friction)? Tires that were spinning regain grip suddenly (i.e. in a dip)? The engine could be crossing from turbo lag to powerband?

Not a big deal, really. It's pretty obvious in the analyzer when you've hit something.

Yah, It's either a dip or the end of a fabulous arora drift :lol: Just thought it was odd. More important is the use of the tool which saved me a possible imbarasment :P

Too bad you can't line up the replay next to the analyzer....

I didn't try this today, I was busy working on making a time trial.
But I will try to get to it tomorrow. Hope I do well.

Had my first go tonight. Making the usual mistakes I always make at Cathedral! :lol: First sector not too bad, but after that needs some work.....

T1- 15.204
T2- 54.279
and a brain dead finish to boot. :ouch:

It's good to get dirty again. :dopey: 👍

using 290 (tried 180 and 270 but found this to be the best as it suits the majority of corners well)

14.900 (seen 14.775 )
52.775:tup: (PB by .3)

finish was quite acceptable although i stupidly changed to 4th and got bogged down with revs approaching the line, lost .1 only though. time submitted:)

[off topic]
Happy Birthday, Ron.

Have a good one. :cheers:
[/off topic]

Back