Round 3 of 8 ( A.R.C IV )

• Thread starter Mr P
  • 60 comments
Mr P
Scrap my suggestion about cutting as I tried it tonight and its hard as hell to judge let alone pull off! ..... I was obviously braking too much at the slow left turn on the tar and losing loads of momentum by T2 ... so far I have a 43.1 T2 but still no clean save better than last nights effort :crazy:

Ron, is it now acceptable? The reason I ask is that sometimes I misjudge the corner and find myself hopping over the edge on occasions. I would most like to carry on if I'm onto a hot lap, rather than doing a re-start. Personally, I don't see a problem with it.

i think even if u clip the sand on that section just b4 T2, u would get terribly unstable for the tricky transition corner, so i totally avoided even the rumble strip on that fast right;) UBER T1 there werner, top stuff.

holl01
i think even if u clip the sand on that section just b4 T2, u would get terribly unstable for the tricky transition corner, so i totally avoided even the rumble strip on that fast right;) UBER T1 there werner, top stuff.

I agree, but as I've already said, I would prefer to carry on if I'm running with a 16.9/8/7 T1 instead of restarting. Of course this depends if I can make it through the transition wall free.

Anyway, here's my splits

16.8 / 43.0 / 1'13.3

Yep we will leave it as acceptable if it is jumped ... it's like threading a needle though and cant see anyone doing it deliberately anyway 👍

Nice splits Jerry and good to see you come play in the dirt with us :sly:

:cheers:

Can anyone give me tips for T1-T2, particularly the big left after T1? I'm running fairly consistent 17.0 / 17.1 T1, but the best I've seen at T2 is 43.4 :banghead:

17.2 (17.0)
43.7 (43.4)
1'14.6 (1'13.9)

Mr P
Yep we will leave it as acceptable if it is jumped ... it's like threading a needle though and cant see anyone doing it deliberately anyway 👍

👍

Mr P
Nice splits Jerry and good to see you come play in the dirt with us :sly:
:cheers:

Cheers. I've been trying to run this all week and only managed to last night. Congrats in making this a fun combo. 👍 👍

Time submitted.

Final splits:

1'16.123

Good luck to the rest of you. 👍

Will upload my replay to the PC tonight, and will at the same time verify some of the PAL races from round 2. Looks like we 're a little behind schedule with that work. ;)

Sweet times for sure there Jerry :) you might even topple the alien with those splits ;)

I haven't had anymore runs since my last update and still a paltry 1'14.1 T3 in my best save :crazy: ... will try again tonight if I can avoid the holstens in the fridge :sly:

We are taking our kids to Blackpool tomorrow for the day so Round 4 will be posted later today! .... but Round 3 results will be done when I get back Tomorrow night 👍

Yes I have just received 10 PM notifications and cant get into my PM's to see if they are ARC related or not 👎

I will accept the submissions via email for anyone struggling to PM them here

ron1710@aol.com

Hopefully the forum will be fixed soon and back to normal for the next round of submissions :)

Thank You Ron :)

maybe i send a update before deadline.
current i dont have achieved my target

but i have much fun with this Car .

laters
werner

hey, good to see gtplanet up and running again:tup:

here is the replay of my lap of 1'39.762

Attachments

• Arc3.max
    23.3 KB · Views: 6
Didn't get a chance to play this week, and when I had some time to race on Saturday, the Planet was down all day long : I couldn't even check the specs so as to run the combo. So it's a DNS for me this week.
And I'll run a provisional lap on Route 5 to make sure I have at least something to submit next saturday.

I will get the results up tonight as I been busy as hell today and about to make sunday dinner also :grumpy:

Will post em later :dopey:

-Round 3 Results-
r3relts.jpg

Better late than never eh :P 👍

Congrats to Dan again for a smokin time 👍 and also to Jerry for taking a strong 2nd place finish .. and also 3rd to Werner for a great time also :cheers:
You guys were miles ahead of the pack ... Excellent work :cool:

Congrats also to Minorshunt and Luxy for doing great on the dirt 👍

To everyone who took part and got a clean save and has a replay device? please post your replays within the next week when Round 4 finishes and I will view the PAL ones for sure 👍

*Special mention to Niels* who has checked so many replays whilst I have been avoiding them until last minutes and Niels has saved me the bother ;) Cheers mate :cheers: I promise to pull my thumb out in the remaining rounds :guilty:

Thanks to all and enjoy race 4 👍

Congrats to everyone, who managed to get in a clean time. :cheers: Some of those times are just crazy. 👍

Thanks for the race, Ron. :)

It seems you have missed Sjaaks submission. I saw that saw he submitted to your mail address at "another" forum, due to the Planet downtime.

I won't be checking any replays this week. Hard enough to check my own at this track with all the invisible walls. Some of the faster guys must do the checking here, as I really don't know where the border is at this one. :dopey:.

PAL replay:

Attachments

• NielsG ARC 3 Focus@Cathedral 1 1.44.510.max
    23.2 KB · Views: 5
Thanks Ron,

Congrats to all with a submission,👍
Although rally isn't my thing I still enjoyed the ride. :)

Congrats to the top 3! 👍 Amazing, and I have no idea how you guys do the dirt so fast. :bowdown:
But I have to say I kinda wish we were having 2 more dirt races now instead of 1. I had a bunch of fun with this one and the wamup in the Hyundai. Thanks for the good comps Mr. P! :)

Congrats to hol101 for the win, to Werner for his podium and of course to everyone else for getting around in one piece. 👍 👍 👍

Actually, my time was 1'40.097 Ron. The submitted splits will confirm it's a typo anyway. Soz about that, :dopey: and don't waste your time updating the table mate.

Attachments

• 40.097.xps
    30.1 KB · Views: 5
Well done Holl, Jerry and Werner :cheers: Amazing times :eek:

I agree with MinorShunt, I'm jones-ing for some more dirt :D

I'll upload my replay asap, but my sharkport is on it's last legs :( Piece of 🤬 :yuck:

I just viewed Holl0 and Niels replays for this round are both are fast and clean and totally within the rules 👍

I also converted Jerry's xport file to maxdrive and tried uploading but my memory card just wont accept it at all ... I tried 3 times and now I hope someone else will be more successful in uploading and giving the thumbs up 👍

Thanks for uploading anyway guys and here is my replay also for scrutiny :)

Attachments

• Ron ARC IV Round 3 Focus @ Cathedral.max
    22.7 KB · Views: 5
Ron, I'm just off to bed right now, but I'll post my replay again in .max tomoz.

EDIT:
scrub that. Here it is:

PAL:

Attachments

• 51719_15099_GRAN_TURIS.max
    22.2 KB · Views: 4
Back