A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Grand Valley Speedway

• Thread starter et_
  • 144 comments
This is a great combo! Its definitely a favorite of mine. I won easily with my tried-and-true Z4 GT3. GVS has a real rhythm to it where you can almost drive it blindfolded. This one will definitely be a repeat race for a while. The rabbits I have had thus far are the F1 GTR short tail, GTR LM Concept, and C6 Z06 LM. I havent seen the TS030 or Zonda LM yet. I have been catching the leader going over the bridge on the last lap each time.

I think the TS030 and Zonda LM are the most challenging.

I just did 3 races in the Lancia Delta S4. Anyone who wants to have fun, try this car on this seasonal. I had the Zonda LM on the front. My laptimes were in the 1.47.xx range with sideways action on every corner.

This car is lift off oversteer heaven! :D

Last edited:
I just did 3 races in the Lancia Delta S4. Anyone who wants to have fun, try this car on this seasonal. I had the Zonda LM on the front. My laptimes were in the 1.57.xx range with sideways action on every corner.

This car is lift off oversteer heaven! :D

LOL............!!

No Aids. Tune 580PP. 447HP Corvette ZR 1 (C6) LM Race Car '09 Versus Nissan GT Nismo in P1. SRT Viper GTS-R in P2. Audi R8 LMS P3. Won by 00.089. Fast Lap 1:49.193. Cockpit View. Clean Race.

Is that left foot breaking you're doing? and are you never really off the accelerator? you are just barely on it but never off it? is this a good skill to learn for racing or is it just a preference thing?

Chase car: R35 Touring Car
Rabbit: GTR LM Race Car

Finish split: -0.02

That was too close! I hadn't set my final gear right for the front straight and was nearly out of rev when I pulled out for the pass. Whew.

Hi all,

new in the forum. I have a Fanatec racing wheel and after GT5 am now having heaps of fun with GT6.
I did this seasonal event with an Honda HSV 15th anniversary. Top speed a bit short but great cornering and formidable braking. 'Drinks like a bird too. I noticed that the pole position was occupied by a Camaro SS10 touring version. I love the normal SS10 around the Nurburgring and immediately bought the touring car to try it instead of the HSV. What was I expecting!!! The HSV is an MR car, the Camaro is an FR car, right?, and sure enough no matter how much I tweaked the Camaro touring car, I couldn't get it to corner half as good as the HSV. What puzzles me though is that when I overtook the Artificial Intelligence SS10 driver in pole position with the HSV, I had all sorts of troubles to get it out my tail, even in the tight fast chicane, hairpin and more chicanes before the tunnel!!! It was cornering just as hard as my MR car!!! No matter how skilled a AI driver is on a PS3, I am at loss to explain how the same car could behave so efficiently in the hands of an AI opponent and so badly in my hands. May be with soft racing tyres, but illegal in this race!!! To the point where I wonder whether it was the same car... Any feedback opinion would be cool. I suspect this is quite a common problem in GT-series games right?
This being said, the Camaro SS10 touring car is still an amazing muscle car.

Hi all,

new in the forum. I have a Fanatec racing wheel and after GT5 am now having heaps of fun with GT6.
I did this seasonal event with an Honda HSV 15th anniversary. Top speed a bit short but great cornering and formidable braking. 'Drinks like a bird too. I noticed that the pole position was occupied by a Camaro SS10 touring version. I love the normal SS10 around the Nurburgring and immediately bought the touring car to try it instead of the HSV. What was I expecting!!! The HSV is an MR car, the Camaro is an FR car, right?, and sure enough no matter how much I tweaked the Camaro touring car, I couldn't get it to corner half as good as the HSV. What puzzles me though is that when I overtook the Artificial Intelligence SS10 driver in pole position with the HSV, I had all sorts of troubles to get it out my tail, even in the tight fast chicane, hairpin and more chicanes before the tunnel!!! It was cornering just as hard as my MR car!!! No matter how skilled a AI driver is on a PS3, I am at loss to explain how the same car could behave so efficiently in the hands of an AI opponent and so badly in my hands. May be with soft racing tyres, but illegal in this race!!! To the point where I wonder whether it was the same car... Any feedback opinion would be cool. I suspect this is quite a common problem in GT-series games right?
This being said, the Camaro SS10 touring car is still an amazing muscle car.
Welcome to :gtpflag: I really enjoy this event.

I'm looking for the slowest field of competitors as I'm trying to gold using the senna wrs as it's been such fun in the hot lap,have currently achieved silver in it and if anyone knows the slowest line up to race against I might get gold with it cheers.

Is that left foot breaking you're doing? and are you never really off the accelerator? you are just barely on it but never off it? is this a good skill to learn for racing or is it just a preference thing?

Yes, all racing schools teach left foot braking. I learned it from Vic Elford race driver for Porsche. I am hardly ever off the throttle and as a result it gives you a tremendous advantage over other drivers who do not left foot brake. It will take you some time to master as it did me. Great question!! Thank you!!

Last edited:
I have been trying this race for a few days. The best I have done so far is 2nd with the HSV Base Model. It is not that it is a hard race because it's not really my big issue is that I haven't put together a five good laps or even three good laps. That's what is frustrating for me I keep leaving seconds out there, usually more than enough to win. Hopefully I can go ahead and win next time I play.

Yes, all racing schools teach left foot braking. I learned it from Vic Elford race driver for Porsche. I am hardly ever off the throttle and as a result it gives you a tremendous advantage over other drivers who do not left foot brake. It will take you some time to master as it did me. Great question!! Thank you!!
Is there a thread about left foot breaking. cause obviously its not as easy as it sounds. or should i just google around?

Is there a thread about left foot breaking. cause obviously its not as easy as it sounds. or should i just google around?

I know of no thread for this topic. I will me more than happy to look in my “Racing Instructors Manual” and get back with you!!

I know of no thread for this topic. I will me more than happy to look in my “Racing Instructors Manual” and get back with you!!
thank you very much. also wonder how hard it is to left foot break when you have to left foot clutch as well

thank you very much. also wonder how hard it is to left foot break when you have to left foot clutch as well

Sorry to jump in. I also learned left foot brake recently. To get started, you should drive a car with much lower PP, and try left foot brake running the car hitting all the apex. Initially, you will feel that your left foot will press with great pressure and your left foot has little to no sensitivity. You will even go off track even with low PP cars. Next, go softer and softer on your left foot until you can feel the difference between half brake vs. full brake. You get to practice this on multiple days.

What I do next is I practice it on with my real car. I drive around empty parking lot using my left foot braking. Again, I experience a lot of sudden jerk back and forth because the left foot is just not sensitive. I have to ease out and be softer on it. It takes days to learn. Once I did, I commute to work using left foot brake.

As of now, I always launch my car with left foot brake, autocross in real car with left foot brake, always left foot brake driving all cars in the game. The car weight transfer is reduced and it is much much more balanced. Another benefit is the instantaneous acceleration with no delay between braking and going.

skearacing has also been helping me a lot in various driving techniques. He is a good guy to learn from.

Sorry to jump in. I also learned left foot brake recently. To get started, you should drive a car with much lower PP, and try left foot brake running the car hitting all the apex. Initially, you will feel that your left foot will press with great pressure and your left foot has little to no sensitivity. You will even go off track even with low PP cars. Next, go softer and softer on your left foot until you can feel the difference between half brake vs. full brake. You get to practice this on multiple days.

What I do next is I practice it on with my real car. I drive around empty parking lot using my left foot braking. Again, I experience a lot of sudden jerk back and forth because the left foot is just not sensitive. I have to ease out and be softer on it. It takes days to learn. Once I did, I commute to work using left foot brake.

As of now, I always launch my car with left foot brake, autocross in real car with left foot brake, always left foot brake driving all cars in the game. The car weight transfer is reduced and it is much much more balanced. Another benefit is the instantaneous acceleration with no delay between braking and going.

skearacing has also been helping me a lot in various driving techniques. He is a good guy to learn from.
Does it matter what hardware i use because sometimes i feel like i dont get that much degree of pressure with my DFGT

It does affect a bit but once you developed that sensitivity, you will left foot brake without any thinking. I'm using DFGT too. Yeah, I totally agree with you, the brake is toooo soft.

It does affect a bit but once you developed that sensitivity, you will left foot brake without any thinking. I'm using DFGT too. Yeah, I totally agree with you, the brake is toooo soft.
i feel like on the break i can get 1/3 degrees while on the accelerator i can get 1/4 or 1/6 degrees of control. but that just my opinion. i probably have a lead foot so :P

Yeah you are on the right track. Keep practicing on the left foot and you will develop much more sensitivity. On the right foot, you get to pump the gas to go fast and that lead foot just hammer away :D

Yeah you are on the right track. Keep practicing on the left foot and you will develop much more sensitivity. On the right foot, you get to pump the gas to go fast and that lead foot just hammer away :D
another thing. can left foot breaking be applied to all cars? or just FF, Karts, And Race cars?

I left foot brake everything. With real karts, you MUST left foot brake because you can't switch your foot over lol. Oh yeah, to improve it, I recommend you go karting in real life. I think this helps me the most.

FSportIS got it 100% right!!

Does it matter what hardware i use because sometimes i feel like i dont get that much degree of pressure with my DFGT

I am also using DFGT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heel-and-toe

Last edited by a moderator:
Just some personal opinion after doing some iA races and seasonals.
I find left foot brake almost a must do for challenging MR cars. It helps fine tune the turn if the curvature changes or the entry was done too fast. Lifting off throttle or sudden down shift without matching rev tends to send some MR spinning. Downside is that sometimes the rear tires overheat and lose grip as it did not have chance to cool. Cars like cizetta, elise and europa seems to need this more. Some racing cars like Pescarolo are quite difficult to baby through without left foot brake as well.
Need some pointers to go faster myself. Sadly only able to play once a week or fortnight.

Just some personal opinion after doing some iA races and seasonals.
I find left foot brake almost a must do for challenging MR cars. It helps fine tune the turn if the curvature changes or the entry was done too fast. Lifting off throttle or sudden down shift without matching rev tends to send some MR spinning. Downside is that sometimes the rear tires overheat and lose grip as it did not have chance to cool. Cars like cizetta, elise and europa seems to need this more. Some racing cars like Pescarolo are quite difficult to baby through without left foot brake as well.
Need some pointers to go faster myself. Sadly only able to play once a week or fortnight.

Some thing that will help you. I start throttle application before the apex and why I am faster than others. I also never take my foot of the throttle during trail brake and do a dance on both pedals 24/7 during cornering to maximize my speed through the corner. I also use the brake and the throttle to turn the race car with minimal input from the steering wheel. And last all of my race cars have had a very tail happy rear end from all the years of racing Lotus 47 and 911 RSR that have a lot of weight in the rear and are prone to throttle over steering.

That's surprisng i thought you;d use a thrustmaster or a g27 wheel for more accurate pedaling. and thanks for all the help. i'll try to make the best of it

My real race car a MB DTM car has paddle shifting so no need for a fancy wheel for GT6.

I've done this race 6 times and won all with an Audi A4 Touring Car '04. I, for the life of me, cannot shake the lead car after I pass it. I passed it on the midway point of the 4th lap and then as soon as I pass, he stays on my tail until the end of the race. Can catch him pretty quick, but can't build up enough of a gap to walk away. Usually winning by .300 and sometimes a little more but not much.

gt5-audi-a4-dtm-nurburgring.jpg

Last edited:
I've done this race 6 times and won all with an Audi A4 Touring Car '04. I, for the life of me, cannot shake the lead car after I pass it. I passed it on the midway point of the 4th lap and then as soon as I pass, he stays on my tail until the end of the race. Can catch him pretty quick, but can't build up enough of a gap to walk away. Usually winning bu .300 and sometimes a little more but not much.

gt5-audi-a4-dtm-nurburgring.jpg
i feel like the game deliberately speed up the car when it's not possible sometimes...

i feel like the game deliberately speed up the car when it's not possible sometimes...

I think so too. I have the Audi limited to the 600pp this event allows. I would like to lower it more but given I can't shake him from my tail after I pass and winning by such a small margin, I'm afraid that I will lose. I use the analog sticks on the controller and I realize it's quite a bit slower than a wheel but I've been playing the Gran Turismo series games since the late 90's and feel comfortable with the sticks lol.

Back