A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Grand Valley Speedway

• Thread starter et_
  • 144 comments
So untried with Nissan gt5000 gtr didn't work, used ft1 didn't work. So I just said screw it used my r10 stealth mode and crush rabbit Zonda LM car by a lap.

Had a very close race with the Zonda LM rabbit using a castrol toms supra with a prianio tune.. Had to block the Zonda on the finish straight for the win..

Had a very close race with the Zonda LM rabbit using a castrol toms supra with a prianio tune.. Had to block the Zonda on the finish straight for the win..
:cheers: I had a similar experience with the Ford GT LM SPEC II, he was right up my......🤬!!!
image.jpg

Toyota TS030 Hibrid '12 No Tune. No Aids. PP575. HP.384
Versus Toyota TS030 in P1, Corvette Z06 (06) LM Race Car '06 in P2 and Pagani LM Race Car P3. Won by 00.084. Fast Lap 1:44.569.

Last edited:
Toyota TS030 Hibrid '12 No Tune. No Aids. PP575. HP.384
Versus Toyota TS030 in P1, Corvette Z06 (06) LM Race Car '06 in P2 and Pagani LM Race Car P3. Won by 00.084. Fast Lap 1:44.569.

Damn... a full second and a half faster then my best time on testing

Damn... a full second and a half faster then my best time on testing

If you look at my line I think it could help you and the same for the brake and throttle application. I hope it helps you! If you need anything else let me know and I will do all I can.

If you look at my line I think it could help you and the same for the brake and throttle application. I hope it helps you! If you need anything else let me know and I will do all I can.
I think the problem is, that i don't necessarily know the best line for all of the corners, there i think 4 corners where i don't know the best breaking point. so as a result it adds up, and im not very good at being consistent either, lap wise

I think the problem is, that i don't necessarily know the best line for all of the corners, there i think 4 corners where i don't know the best breaking point. so as a result it adds up, and im not very good at being consistent either, lap wise

The five most important corners are from 1 to 5.
1. Corners leading to the longest straight. If there are several corners before the longest straightaway the corners before the last corner are throwaway corners and are not important only the last one before the straightaway is important.
2. The fastest corners on the track.
3. Any corner after the end of the longest straightaway or straightaways if there are more than one.
4. Connected corners are very important because if you mess up any of them you will not be set up for the next one’s and your rhythm will be interrupted.
5. Slow corners such as 180 hairpin.
Also when testing go slow to go fast so you can get your rhythm down for the track that you are testing at.

So untried with Nissan gt5000 gtr didn't work, used ft1 didn't work. So I just said screw it used my r10 stealth mode and crush rabbit Zonda LM car by a lap.
Tried with the R34 GT-R Touring Car 5 secs off a Maclaren F1 GTR.
Early attempt with Anniv Ed HSV 6.5 Secs behind a Corvette C6.
First go I had with my R10 Stealth my gears were too long so I wasn't hitting peak speeds with the limiter on. 5 Secs from leader a Corvette C6. I'll try it again with the R10 on a short gearbox 180+mph range. I got really close with the GT-R 500 Stealth 2.5 secs but mistakes on lap 3 cost me the win...If all else fails I can do it first time with my Raybrig HSV.:cheers:

Hi just to check for actual racing (since you are a real life racer), is it allowed and normal when not overtaking or avoiding accidents to use the pavement beyond the chicane? I was feeling a bit guilty using it. My lines are similar except that I tried to keep to the road all the way except for the final S corner. Best lap no aids no tunes in ts30 is 1:43.xxx but that is with some draft help from leading ts030 in the final straight.

Yes, you are perfect there! It's called runoff and its there just in case you over heat the corner. All road race tracks have them because in every race there race cars that go there. So runoff and have fun!

"Super nice job on the race gtnoobie"!!

Finally beat Grand Valley Expert race using TS030 Hybrid '12! Got 1st place on lap 4 and then had to fight like crazy to hold on! LOL!
hey congrats!. im still kinda struggling with the honda HSV Raybirgh. :P i thought i;d go quicker if i lower the top speed but it increases my laptime by 1-2 seconds so after a few times i gave up and tried the intimidate one and failed that as well :I. but all in all congrats! :D

Nice win with the Toyota Hybrid TS030 @skeagracing! I tried and won this event with the same car and noticed that you have to be gradual in the application of both throttle and brakes (especially when turning or in the middle of a curve). I made the mistake of executing a brake-lift in the middle of the first curve - the car spun. Need more practise with the car in order to get better times on the track...

I could probably do it with the Camaro SS as long as I don't get the Mclaren F1 GTR. But I keep getting him and he flies away.

its a fantastic race... with the HSV was a nice fight till the end against the Toyota TS030, Ford GT LM Spec II, Pagani Zonda... :) i enjoyed it very much... hopefully there will come more of this races :)

:D Best lap I have done so far is a 1:44.5xx - only once mind. Want a 1:42.xxx as I know I should be able to that in the Toyota.
That Ford GT LM doesn't like you overtaking very much.....
image.jpg

Nice win with the Toyota Hybrid TS030 @skeagracing! I tried and won this event with the same car and noticed that you have to be gradual in the application of both throttle and brakes (especially when turning or in the middle of a curve). I made the mistake of executing a brake-lift in the middle of the first curve - the car spun. Need more practise with the car in order to get better times on the track...

You are 100% correct about the brake-lift on this race car. It is one of the best race cars in GT6 for sure. Thank you for your kind words.

Finally did it with the Raybrig HSV. Was going to try the S2000 GT! Turbo for a laugh but after running 5 laps in free run I knew it would take an hour of tweaking to get it cornering at speed in order to drive at pace for the beast that it is...

Here's the HSV tune:-

Aero 330/580

Diff 10/20/10

Mid Rpm Turbo
78.1% Power Limiter
Stage 3 Engine Tuning

Drivetrain 180mph (max)

ASM & TCS off

Left everything else as it came. I caught 3rd 2nd and 1st place cars racing in close formation at the start of lap 4 in turn 1 so I think my tune is fast enough??? Don't know what fastest lap was:cheers:

Last edited:
:D Best lap I have done so far is a 1:44.5xx - only once mind. Want a 1:42.xxx as I know I should be able to that in the Toyota.
That Ford GT LM doesn't like you overtaking very much.....View attachment 228429

You can do 1:42 for sure as I have run some 1:41 with the Hybrid at PP600.

Try adjusting the LSD by using these values 7-10-7 in that order.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't really want to detune a much faster car to the PP limit so it took me 17 (17!!!) attempts, none lower than 5th position, with a built and tuned HSV-010 Base Model (no GT500 prize cars and I'd used it for the GT500 seasonal event from earlier) without success. Ended up detuning the R8 LMS ultra (Team Phoenix) prize car from 609PP by way of power reduction only and easily dispatched the more-bunny-than-rabbit GT by Citroen Race Car down the front straight at the start of lap 4. Didn't spend any money completing the task, just lots and lots of time.

Took my finely tuned NASCAR car back out for another run and got the win at 555 PP. It was close as I had to make another clean block coming to the line but I got it. I think 550 is going to be stretching it, but I'm going to give it all I got. Having much fun with this and didn't realize just how much I miss driving my first love...long live NASCAR. 👍

EDIT: Yesss...550 PP, won and done!!! 545? :crazy: Going for it.:dopey:

EDIT: Wow, what a race. :crazy: I had 3 of them breathing down my neck coming to the line. But you know what....545 PP, won and done!!! How low can I go? :eek: Seriously doubting 540 PP for my average skill level, but we'll see.:nervous:

EDIT: Whew, after 3 attempts of very close and white knuckle racing :eek:, I finally got it...540 PP and done. I think that's going to be it for me tonight, I'm feeling pretty wiped out. :ill: Next is 535 PP and then 533 PP is the lowest it goes. Well, that's it for me, I'm out....goodnite everyone, stay fast. :cheers:

Last edited:
hey congrats!. im still kinda struggling with the honda HSV Raybirgh. :P i thought i;d go quicker if i lower the top speed but it increases my laptime by 1-2 seconds so after a few times i gave up and tried the intimidate one and failed that as well :I. but all in all congrats! :D

Thanks! I'm still trying to get London though! Keep at it and you'll get it! Good luck!

Took my finely tuned NASCAR car back out for another run and got the win at 555 PP. It was close as I had to make another clean block coming to the line but I got it. I think 550 is going to be stretching it, but I'm going to give it all I got. Having much fun with this and didn't realize just how much I miss driving my first love...long live NASCAR. 👍

EDIT: Yesss...550 PP, won and done!!! 545? :crazy: Going for it.:dopey:

EDIT: Wow, what a race. :crazy: I had 3 of them breathing down my neck coming to the line. But you know what....545 PP, won and done!!! How low can I go? :eek: Seriously doubting 540 PP for my average skill level, but we'll see.:nervous:

EDIT: Whew, after 3 attempts of very close and white knuckle racing :eek:, I finally got it...540 PP and done. I think that's going to be it for me tonight, I'm feeling pretty wiped out. :ill: Next is 535 PP and then 533 PP is the lowest it goes. Well, that's it for me, I'm out....goodnite everyone, stay fast. :cheers:

It’s great to see any American car win a race in GT6!

No Aids. Tune 580PP. 447HP Corvette ZR 1 (C6) LM Race Car '09 Versus Nissan GT Nismo in P1. SRT Viper GTS-R in P2. Audi R8 LMS P3. Won by 00.089. Fast Lap 1:49.193. Cockpit View. Clean Race.

This is a great combo! Its definitely a favorite of mine. I won easily with my tried-and-true Z4 GT3. GVS has a real rhythm to it where you can almost drive it blindfolded. This one will definitely be a repeat race for a while. The rabbits I have had thus far are the F1 GTR short tail, GTR LM Concept, and C6 Z06 LM. I havent seen the TS030 or Zonda LM yet. I have been catching the leader going over the bridge on the last lap each time.

Back