A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Grand Valley Speedway

• Thread starter et_
  • 144 comments
Having fun grinding this event with my NASCAR car....also a great way to further fine tune my road course tune here. :sly: Car is at the 600PP limit and wins easily so I'm going to start slowly decreasing the PP to see just how low I can go. Just something to keep me occupied for awhile. ;)
hmmmmm i think realistically the lowest you could go is 540...

TVR Speed 6 Touring Car got the job done just fine. And man what an awesome 3-way battle for the win with the GT By Citroen Race Car and Ford GT LM Race Car!
The seasonals are getting better for sure!

yup just do my repeatedly no driver aid, no drive line driving :P. also beginning to learn about tuning.

That's the spirit. 👍 I remember back in the beginning of GT5, I couldn't even keep a car on the track (circuit courses) to save my soul...always crashing into barriers, going off into the grass/sand, etc. I just stuck to racing NASCAR at Daytona for the first 6 months of the game because that was the only thing I was good at. Then I got "inspired" by some comments made by some people that didn't really take too kindly to my winning at Daytona all the time....something along the lines of I'd always be nothing but a dumb ass redneck who only knows how to turn left, along with some other choice phrases. :crazy: To this day, those very words and the people that spoke them (along with my own self desire to be the best I can be) are what fuels my fire to constantly improve. We all have different motivational factors, that is mine. 👍 Sorry for the short story, but the moral here is, take whatever you can and use it as motivation, you'll be surprised at what you can do once the fire is lit. ;)

That's the spirit. 👍 I remember back in the beginning of GT5, I couldn't even keep a car on the track (circuit courses) to save my soul...always crashing into barriers, going off into the grass/sand, etc. I just stuck to racing NASCAR at Daytona for the first 6 months of the game because that was the only thing I was good at. Then I got "inspired" by some comments made by some people that didn't really take too kindly to my winning at Daytona all the time....something along the lines of I'd always be nothing but a dumb ass redneck who only knows how to turn left, along with some other choice phrases. :crazy: To this day, those very words and the people that spoke them (along with my own self desire to be the best I can be) are what fuels my fire to constantly improve. We all have different motivational factors, that is mine. 👍 Sorry for the short story, but the moral here is, take whatever you can and use it as motivation, you'll be surprised at what you can do once the fire is lit. ;)
And now look at how far you've come! I enjoy going toe-to-toe with your lap times every other week when time trials get updated! ;)👍
What a nice story man, I bet those kiddies are eating their words now when they see you climbing up the leaderboards in the time trials. :lol:
I've learnt a thing or two from you as well, by watching your lines and replays, and while you're using a wheel and I'm on controller, I can somehow adapt to your lines, which in turn help better my laps!
So with that, I say thanks Mitch! In a way, you helped me push forward and help better improve myself on this game.

And now look at how far you've come! I enjoy going toe-to-toe with your lap times every other week when time trials get updated! ;)👍
What a nice story man, I bet those kiddies are eating their words now when they see you climbing up the leaderboards in the time trials. :lol:
I've learnt a thing or two from you as well, by watching your lines and replays, and while you're using a wheel and I'm on controller, I can somehow adapt to your lines, which in turn help better my laps!
So with that, I say thanks Mitch! In a way, you helped me push forward and help better improve myself on this game.

Thanks for the kind words "Z", really appreciate it. I'm glad I have been able to help you out along the way, its really great to see you improve. I appreciate the "thanks" and you're more than welcome but really its you who deserves the credit here, you are the one who puts the time in behind the wheel. 👍 Thanks for being a great friend along the way "Z", you are like one of my longest standing friends here through GT5 and now "6". :bowdown: Its been a long and successful ride bud, and it can only get better with friends like you to enjoy the journey with. :cheers:

Thanks for the kind words "Z", really appreciate it. I'm glad I have been able to help you out along the way, its really great to see you improve. I appreciate the "thanks" and you're more than welcome but really its you who deserves the credit here, you are the one who puts the time in behind the wheel. 👍 Thanks for being a great friend along the way "Z", you are like one of my longest standing friends here through GT5 and now "6". :bowdown: Its been a long and successful ride bud, and it can only get better with friends like you to enjoy the journey with. :cheers:
Aww...thanks bud. Them's some kind words there. :lol:
It means a lot to me to hear something like that. Being bullied my whole life, I really never got to hear words like that. It's nice that there are folks out there who aim to HELP people, not HURT people. I feel as if I could have never improved if I hadn't met you on here. The countless trades, the countless hybrids on GT5, the hidden paint color hunt, and now time trials! You've helped me out so much, that a simple "Thanks" doesn't really show 100% how truly thankful I am for all you've done. People may give you crap on here, but they don't see that you're trying to help them by showing them where to improve, and they all just take it like an insult. :(
I've learnt to just keep my head up, ignore the bad eggs on here, and move on. Heck, I'm sure my block list is somewhere in the hundreds by now. People can't seem to be nice sometimes. I'm sure you do the same, with the whole blocking the bullies and moving on. It's probably the best thing to do on here to be honest, especially when someone goes out of their way to make fun of your past (whoever that Michael guy or whatever his name was). That's just rude and inconsiderate. We could do with less people like that on here.
But anyway, getting a bit off topic, so I'll just say, thank you so much Mitch for helping me out in many, MANY situations, and may we continue to help each other in the future! :cheers:

Aww...thanks bud. Them's some kind words there. :lol:
It means a lot to me to hear something like that. Being bullied my whole life, I really never got to hear words like that. It's nice that there are folks out there who aim to HELP people, not HURT people. I feel as if I could have never improved if I hadn't met you on here. The countless trades, the countless hybrids on GT5, the hidden paint color hunt, and now time trials! You've helped me out so much, that a simple "Thanks" doesn't really show 100% how truly thankful I am for all you've done. People may give you crap on here, but they don't see that you're trying to help them by showing them where to improve, and they all just take it like an insult. :(
I've learnt to just keep my head up, ignore the bad eggs on here, and move on. Heck, I'm sure my block list is somewhere in the hundreds by now. People can't seem to be nice sometimes. I'm sure you do the same, with the whole blocking the bullies and moving on. It's probably the best thing to do on here to be honest, especially when someone goes out of their way to make fun of your past (whoever that Michael guy or whatever his name was). That's just rude and inconsiderate. We could do with less people like that on here.
But anyway, getting a bit off topic, so I'll just say, thank you so much Mitch for helping me out in many, MANY situations, and may we continue to help each other in the future! :cheers:

Yea, a bit off topic now :nervous: so I'll just say you're always more than welcome and thank you as well, you're a great friend. :cheers:

On topic: Took my NASCAR car down to 570PP and still won by .500 but its getting harder now. Great fun here I have created for myself. :lol:

EDIT: Wow, what a race I just had at 565PP with my NASCAR car. Last lap, the 3 fastest cars all over my ass like fleas on a dog.... bumping me, trying to pit maneuver me, anything they could do to wreck me, they tried. Clearly some white knuckle moments there but I held on for the win...what a great race. Now, down to 560PP.

EDIT 2: 560PP and won. Another epic race, top 3 were bunched together again, trying what they could to dispose of me. :crazy: Had to throw a clean "once only" block coming down the straight to the line, but I got 'em. Next stop, 555PP. :crazy:

Last edited:
Was kind of tough... took a few tries in Toyota hybrid cause i keep making mistakes and spin. Clean laps and overtakes between 1:43 to 1:45 should do the trick barely. One slight collision despite braking.

Well, they finally got me at 555PP. I was in first on the last lap going through the esses coming out of the tunnel there on the last part of the track and two of them finally succeeded in spinning me out. :crazy: Not sure if it was one or both, but I had two of them chewing at my ass and quarter panel like flies on crap....crazy stuff I tell ya. :dopey: I'm not mad though, it was still an epic race and I'm pretty sure I can win at this PP level and maybe even lower, with some tweaks to the tune. Anyways, its been a very fun few hours. 👍 Will be back at it again tomorrow for sure. Goodnite gentlemen. :cheers:

Could well be a situation like the one I was having with the McLaren F1 GTR (see above). Honestly, the PP rating of cars just isn't well "balanced" enough (calculated, really).

I agree!!

Well, they finally got me at 555PP. I was in first on the last lap going through the esses coming out of the tunnel there on the last part of the track and two of them finally succeeded in spinning me out. :crazy: Not sure if it was one or both, but I had two of them chewing at my ass and quarter panel like flies on crap....crazy stuff I tell ya. :dopey: I'm not mad though, it was still an epic race and I'm pretty sure I can win at this PP level and maybe even lower, with some tweaks to the tune. Anyways, its been a very fun few hours. 👍 Will be back at it again tomorrow for sure. Goodnite gentlemen. :cheers:

Best of luck!!

Having fun grinding this event with my NASCAR car....also a great way to further fine tune my road course tune here. :sly: Car is at the 600PP limit and wins easily so I'm going to start slowly decreasing the PP to see just how low I can go. Just something to keep me occupied for awhile. ;)

Great Idea!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Won this event using the Honda HSV-010 Base model '10. I noticed in the replay that the Gran Turismo logo lights up in the windshield when entering the tunnels in cockpit view. Thought that was a pretty cool effect...

oh my i didnt know i was speaking to GT royalty

Was within 5 secs of 1st with my GT-R 500 Stealth - sloppy driving - mistakes, offs and the wrong gear tune...its facking doable I tell ya :cheers: Laps were in the 1:50:5xx range

Well, I finally had time to give the Expert Level Seasonal Event a try. I have to say that the Intermediate Level was far, far more challenging than Expert, in my opinion. Still, this is a very nice event to try out a bunch of my 600PP monsters that usually just collect dust. Also, I was very happy to run a Seasonal on this track. I can't remember the last time we had one here. Was it the Diablo GT2 event? Man, that was a long time ago.

Was within 5 secs of 1st with my GT-R 500 Stealth - sloppy driving - mistakes, offs and the wrong gear tune...its facking doable I tell ya :cheers: Laps were in the 1:50:5xx range

Lots depends on the rabbit lineup. When HSV is the lead, a high 1:44 and low 1:45 lapsare needed to win on last corner. My last lap was 1:43 and won by 0.04 sec

Got the right gear tune going on - reckon I can drive faster but was within 2:5secs of leader at last lap, sloppy driving penultimate lap cost me the time getting right up the bracket of 3rd and 2nd in slow corners where I roll out at speed (usually). Going to perservere with the GT-R as I know its easily achievable with my Raybrig HSV which seems to stick to the track like a magnet - no matter how hard you push out of corners (TCS n ASM off personal tune).:cheers:

Managed gold first time - only the third seasonal I've managed that feat! It was with the Honda Raybrig HSV 010 '12, using a slightly adapted tune from @praiano63 for the Laguna Seasonal, so that proves how easy it is with that car as I am WAY below you God-like entities. I am learning though, as proved by the fact the beginner level took 2 attempts, squeezed into 2nd by 0.123secs coz my final gear was a little too high the first time :boggled:

Managed gold first time - only the third seasonal I've managed that feat! It was with the Honda Raybrig HSV 010 '12, using a slightly adapted tune from @praiano63 for the Laguna Seasonal, so that proves how easy it is with that car as I am WAY below you God-like entities. I am learning though, as proved by the fact the beginner level took 2 attempts, squeezed into 2nd by 0.123secs coz my final gear was a little too high the first time :boggled:
Awesome job! Don't worry, there are plenty of ppl in this thread that aren't Gran Turismo God's! I wish I could even come close to the times some of these people set. Just keep hammering away at the events with different cars and you'll be setting Gold's on your first lap in no time... :)

BTW, if anyone is looking for a pretty safe Gold Medal car - use the Toyota TS020-Hybrid detuned to 600PP. You could probably find tunes in the thread for the last Nurburgring A-Spec Expert Level Race. You'll cross the finish line several seconds ahead of 2nd place (with a friendly grid, of course). I honestly only chose it because I was running through my 600PP cars and mine was still detuned to 600PP from the 'Ring A-Spec Race. I had 1st place by the 3rd lap and just pulled away from the Corvette from there.

Back