Abandoned cars and barn finds picture thread!!!!!

• Thread starter Cano
  • 2,165 comments
Unless it's a matching numbers car, i'd imagine it would be cheaper, or safer, to source a cheap but straight shell and transfer all the bits from the bent one.

You can see that the right hand leaf spring is bent, meaning the floorplan's distorted. Repair that and misalign it by even a few mm and it be be a handful to drive at any moderate pace.

Sad to see the Charger like that, but I have to agree. Even if its a numbers matching car, would it really be worth it when the entire back half has been replaced? Its no longer "all original" when half the car is replaced, and unfortunately I don't see it being a very good cruiser after that much frame damage.

Totally worth it. Specially since the car doesn't seem to have been "all original" before it took the hit. Looks pretty hot rodded to me already. Frame issues can be fixed.

Totally worth it. Specially since the car doesn't seem to have been "all original" before it took the hit. Looks pretty hot rodded to me already. Frame issues can be fixed.
That was kind of the point I was getting at.

Unless it's a matching numbers car, i'd imagine it would be cheaper, or safer, to source a cheap but straight shell and transfer all the bits from the bent one.

You can see that the right hand leaf spring is bent, meaning the floorplan's distorted. Repair that and misalign it by even a few mm and it be be a handful to drive at any moderate pace.

Yeah thats what I did with the Suzuki Sierra I crashed, got another chassis and painted that..going to do a ground up rebuild..one day haha

A couple of muscle cars that are in bad shape around where I live. The AMC S/C Rambler's owner is a mystery, but the '71 Charger is being sold for $4500. It'll hopefully find a good home where it'll be restored to it's former glory.

00L0L_6Iz2y1MDmqF_600x450.jpg

00606_jkl1OyelYjw_600x450.jpg

00G0G_3SrA3zQEl1J_600x450.jpg

Up the road from me, maybe about 2 or 3 miles away on some country back roads, there's a beat up, rusty split window Corvette sitting under like a metal shack. I've seen it sitting for quite some time as I've seen it there last year as well. Not sure if someone's restoring it or what...

Up the road from me, maybe about 2 or 3 miles away on some country back roads, there's a beat up, rusty split window Corvette sitting under like a metal shack. I've seen it sitting for quite some time as I've seen it there last year as well. Not sure if someone's restoring it or what...

I'm on my way. :sly:

Seriously, if I were rich, I'd buy every neglected split window out there to restore. Same with donked classic cars and other classics in need of love.

Ask the owner if he'll sell it.

OMMMMGGGGG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO POOR SPLIT WINDOW :( :( :( :(

Abandoned%20supercars%20-%2009.jpg

Abandoned%20supercars%20-%2022.jpg

Car Collection found abandoned in Bolivia:

http://ca.autoblog.com/2012/06/08/exotic-supercar-collection-found-abandoned-in-bolivia/

Hope none of these are re-posts. I try not to look at this thread too much :scared:
It's the holy grail nearly for me too, a damn split window C2 Vette my favorite year for the Vette. Oh man the people I'd step on and double cross for that car. The Daytona is nice but if I had the choice for million dollar rare vintage racer/roadcars I'd still get a GT40 or a Ferrari.

It's probably worth that to a charger fan..could be worth 50 grand+ restored..:cool:

I don't see how it's a god awful third gen, and there are tons of them in good condition lying around for much less. If it was a glorious Gen 2 or even the not as good but better than third gen, Gen 1 charger I could see it being as much as they want.

Only Chrysler products that should be in that range during those years are E-bodies, the Super bee and perhaps the Road Runner.

I'm on my way. :sly:

Seriously, if I were rich, I'd buy every neglected split window out there to restore. Same with donked classic cars and other classics in need of love.

Sounds like a business prop. just let me finish my second degree and get a job that pays and I'd join ya on the mission.

1930 Cord L-29

tumblr_mxd1ha63Cc1s7e0yco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m8hb137LjN1rwcvg2o1_1280.jpg
That is just sad the Cord is worth some big bucks, and really the first luxury sports car I'd say.

Are those alfa's in the next picture...Mother of pearl, would people please give the car lovers of this thread money so we can restore art.

EDIT: Also Miller is a master engineer and someone (through reading about Indy early beginnings) I respect as much as Tesla. I just found out he was the one who built the Cord, I just knew it was a car apart from many of it's time and I knew it was worth a ton, but now I love it more.

It's probably worth that to a charger fan..could be worth 50 grand+ restored..:cool:

HAHAHAHA 50 grand for a basic Charger? I'd bet the thing doesn't have more than a 318/auto under it. Please, inform yourself before posting such nonsense. That thing restoered would probably be worth 15k, and that would be a pretty good coin for it.

GO TAKE PICTURES GOT DAMMIT!!!!!

1930 Cord L-29

HOLLY 🤬

Roczx, any more info on this thing? That car is insanely rare!

That 65 Mustang looks like a nice project. The Boss would be nice too. Bodies look great on both.

That Boss may have had the engine pulled. The hood scoop is missing and the hole in the hood covered and painted over.

1470141_10151761801757077_1754431497_n.jpg

Last edited:
HAHAHAHA 50 grand for a basic Charger? I'd bet the thing doesn't have more than a 318/auto under it. Please, inform yourself before posting such nonsense. That thing restoered would probably be worth 15k, and that would be a pretty good coin for it.

I think he was meaning Aus/NZ currency. A well done restore is an easy 50k car here.

It's a non ram-air SE model, but even those were available with a 383 or 440.

Who cares what the car has in it. If that car had a Slant 6 and an auto, it's still cool because it's still a Charger, and it's cool because literally EVERYONE puts a V8 into those things, so to see one with a 225 /6 is unheard of.

1971 Challenger, numbers matching 426 Hemi.

1399783_10151858187127918_1096132713_o.jpg

Last edited:
Cano, sorry mate, I was not thinking, I was not even aware that it was a 3rd gen charger..I must have been thinking of the first gen one when I posted that price..sorry:nervous:

Back