Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,895 comments
Here's a rough, unedited shakedown video of the current version of the NSX. Overall, it looks pretty good, and drives well. Besides the edges of the glass, watch the engine damage and tire temperatures. Looking forward to more updates!

Great car with physics etc!! And yes I also experience the same purple glow in VR. Your launch seems to be seconds faster the I can achieve. Will have a look what causes that slow start. But once on cruise speed this is a real gem. Thanks

remember you must keep the acd in its car-directory, the directory name is the key-phrase for decoding, if you copy it somewhere else and unpack there, it will not work

thank you for your answer, yes I respect it well but it does not work, I always managed to decode the ACD file, but the I do not succeed ...

Thank God for that - I was starting to question my own sanity.
;)

How are people pulling away from a standing start without dipping the clutch? Isn't everyone getting bogged down?
Is the auto-clutch bite point set too strictly or something?

@Cote Dazur sorry guys but we do not have those purple edges, so my only guess is that they are caused by CSP graphic options or VR itself. We don't have VR things. As for the physics issues some people have, In the next update we will try to look at them and fix them.
@qaqumi we have contacted the guy who created a specific soundmod for the NSX, so we'll figure it out something for the future. Thanks for the hint!

These edges look OK to me, the digits are fine now, but getting away from a stand still is a PITA and as soon as I start moving and getting into revs I get that constant engine damage icon (which should not show in these moderate revs). It seems that damage is kicking in much too fast, though I did not manage to blow an engine yet...

nsx.png

This author is doing god's work :bowdown: Codies always does a great job with their fantasy city tracks, but the physics in GRID always leaves a lot to be desired. I'm really glad people are taking notice and converting these tracks to AC, seeing how forgotten the GRID franchise is after the first one. ACU converted a few of them but they have gone quiet as of late, so props to Chiquifreaky for picking up the baton 👍

Looking at the track list from GRID 1-4 (fictional ones only), the headcount is currently as follows:

CITY
Milan - available from Assetto Corsa Fanboy
San Fran - available from Im Wilde (short) or Chiquifreaky (long)
Washington - N/A
Detroit - available from ACU, it's very similar to the one F1 used in the past but not exact copy (there is another Detroit but that is demo derby only, and we don't have it)
Miami - N/A (nigelae, a Japanese modder, has it converted but not sharing, as usual :grumpy:)
Barcelona - available from Chiquifreaky (initially converted by ACU)
Chicago - WIP from Chiquifreaky
Dubai - N/A
Paris - N/A (nigelae has it but not sharing)
Havana - new from GRID 2019, prolly a few years until we see it converted due to copyright and stuff

TOUGE
Okutama - available from ACU and has since been improved by lots of people here (GP track), there is also the pure touge version which uses parts of the GP track, but that is poor quality (I posted a link many many pages back, just search)
Hong Kong - available but in poor quality (google for link it's easy to find)
California Big Sur - available but in poor quality esp road mesh quite bumpy (again, I posted a link many many pages back). IMO better flow than the California Highway by the makers of LA Canyon
Cote d'Azur - N/A (nigelae has it but...you get the drill by now)
Mt Haruna - N/A (not necessary IMO, because it's a fictional route and we already have an accurate Mt Akina)

DRIFT
Yokohama - WIP from Chiquifreaky
Shibuya - WIP from Chiquifreaky (a lesser quality version is already floating on the internet)

CIRCUIT
Autosport Raceway/Crescent Valley - available from ACU

Sources:
https://www.virtualr.net/racedriver-grid-car-and-track-list
http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/06/grid-autosport-track-list/ (includes everything in GRID 2 except for Miami)
https://www.gtplanet.net/grid-2019-track-list/

:cheers:
would also love to see the new shanghai track

@MrB00

I keep in mind you still using a pad, not a wheel.;)

Yep that is true, but as I haven't changed my setup and the difference between the first version and version 1.1 is so big then I am concluding that something was off in the first version. Whatever, I'm actually enjoying driving this now and am happy to keep this car in my list.

These edges look OK to me, the digits are fine now, but getting away from a stand still is a PITA and as soon as I start moving and getting into revs I get that constant engine damage icon (which should not show in these moderate revs). It seems that damage is kicking in much too fast, though I did not manage to blow an engine yet...
View attachment 886938

Not at my rig but looking at engine.ini, my first guess would be to change:

[DAMAGE]
TURBO_BOOST_THRESHOLD=1.7 <---- THIS TO 2.1
TURBO_DAMAGE_K=0.5
RPM_THRESHOLD=8500
RPM_DAMAGE_K=0.3

See if that keeps it from damaging engine. Will try it myself if I can later.

UPDATES !

Minardi-Ferrari M191 - 1991 by ASR Formula V1.02 (01/02/2020) Free Download
Link:
https://www.asrformula.com/mods/assetto-corsa/free-cars-ac/minardi-m191-1991-ac/

Changelog:

- Update aero

McLaren-Honda MP4/6 - 1991 by ASR Formula V1.27 (01/02/2020) Free Download
Link:
https://www.asrformula.com/mods/assetto-corsa/free-cars-ac/mclaren-mp4-6-1991/
Early Season

Late Season

Changelog:
- Update aero

Installation notes:

Copy the content folder inside “AC Files” to your AC directory.
Please, be sure to install our custom driver inside “assettocorsa\content\driver”.

ENJOY ! ;)

Yep that is true, but as I haven't changed my setup and the difference between the first version and version 1.1 is so big then I am concluding that something was off in the first version. Whatever, I'm actually enjoying driving this now and am happy to keep this car in my list.
out of curiosity, what are your controller settings? these are mine

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-02-01 133814.jpg
    Annotation 2020-02-01 133814.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 31
UPDATES !

Minardi-Ferrari M191 - 1991 by ASR Formula V1.02 (01/02/2020) Free Download
Link:
https://www.asrformula.com/mods/assetto-corsa/free-cars-ac/minardi-m191-1991-ac/

Changelog:

- Update aero

McLaren-Honda MP4/6 - 1991 by ASR Formula V1.27 (01/02/2020) Free Download
Link:
https://www.asrformula.com/mods/assetto-corsa/free-cars-ac/mclaren-mp4-6-1991/
Early Season

Late Season

Changelog:
- Update aero

Installation notes:

Copy the content folder inside “AC Files” to your AC directory.
Please, be sure to install our custom driver inside “assettocorsa\content\driver”.

ENJOY ! ;)
They will definitely never solve the problem with the server and downloads. It is difficult to collaborate economically although the mods are good.

Does anyone have working AI for the following tracks:
- Adria International Raceway
- Chayka Racing Circuit
- Circuit International Automobile Moulay El Hassan?

out of curiosity, what are your controller settings? these are mine
Glad to see another controller user lol.

I'm using the settings from Saddix which @Electroforce helpfully sorted me out with

cVPd7MG.png

Also, in the controller INI file in C:\Users\****\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controllers\savedsetups I did this
[FF_ENHANCEMENT]
CURBS=1
ROAD=1.5
SLIPS=0.2
ABS=0.50

Which I find to be pretty good for FF but mess about with those until you find something you are happy with. I'm using an xbox360 controller by the way.

Last edited:
Your launch seems to be seconds faster the I can achieve. Will have a look what causes that slow start. But once on cruise speed this is a real gem. Thanks

Remember most cars with sequential shifting still have a clutch for launching from a dead stop. You can't just throw them into gear and start moving as if they have a centrifugal clutch. Even F1 cars have a lower "clutch paddle" on their steering wheels for starting off from a stop, and GT and other race cars have standard floor pedals. Also, race clutches are usually set to have a very high engage point in the travel of the pedal, both for use in racing and due to design and engineering. In ACC, most all of these cars are set up this way. When you see videos of novice drivers getting an opportunity to drive a real race car, they often stall them, sometimes repeatedly, when trying to leave the pit box.

Glad to see another controller user lol.

I'm using the settings from Saddix which @Electroforce helpfully sorted me out with

cVPd7MG.png

Also, in the controller INI file in C:\Users\****\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controllers\savedsetups I did this
[FF_ENHANCEMENT]
CURBS=1
ROAD=1.5
SLIPS=0.2
ABS=0.50

Which I find to be pretty good for FF but mess about with those until you find something you are happy with. I'm using an xbox360 controller by the way.
Interesting might try that out. do you smoothsteer(pushing the left stick up and turning it left and right) or not?

They will definitely never solve the problem with the server and downloads. It is difficult to collaborate economically although the mods are good.

Hi Niko, we have no problem with downloads.
There is simply no "file resume" function in case of connection failure or packet loss.
So if your connection loses packets, the file needs to be re-downloaded again, it doesn't pick up where it left off.
I have never had any problems, I have always downloaded any file without problems from my site.
It all depends on the user's internet connection.

Interesting might try that out. do you smoothsteer(pushing the left stick up and turning it left and right) or not?

Nope, I just try and be as gentle with steering inputs as I can. I tried to smoothsteer but found it hard to do lol.

@Longmont and @MrB00, why are you not driving with a wheel?
Any used 50$ wheel will be better than a controller and will give you 1000% more immersion.

Yes you do, big time,
You have great cars and I will be forever grateful for those and all the free updates. Fantastic work.:bowdown:

But your downloads suck a big one, to the point that most of the time I wait for a charitable post with decent download link. You can deny all you want, it is what it is.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
@Longmont and @MrB00, why are you not driving with a wheel?
Any used 50$ wheel will be better than a controller and will give you 1000% more immersion.
Well as much as I'd love a wheel and totally understand where everyone is coming from when they say I can't call myself a proper sim racer without a wheel it's just not a realistic option for me right now but it's on the list for the future for sure. And I'd rather not bother getting a £50 wheel as I'd just end up thinking I'd wasted my money on a piece of junk lol. I'm quite happy driving with my controller for the time being and seem to do alright as far as driving goes and have just as much fun as anyone else I'm sure.

There is simply no "file resume" function in case of connection failure or packet loss.
So if your connection loses packets, the file needs to be re-downloaded again, it doesn't pick up where it left off.
I have never had any problems, I have always downloaded any file without problems from my site.
It all depends on the user's internet connection.
Your hosting is bad. End of discussion.

Question:
If grassFX are enabled in CSP... do the original 3D grass blades of the track disappear? If not, do they still use up FPS resources?

@norms Finally worked out how to make chameleon paint actually work for an individual skin....All thanks to a skin I grabbed off Discord for the Mazda RX7 Feed. You have to put an ext_config.ini file inside the skin folder and after a bit of messing about with html colour codes it applies the chameleon effect to that skin only.

Check it out lol

PFPfYRT.jpg

Nope, I just try and be as gentle with steering inputs as I can. I tried to smoothsteer but found it hard to do lol.
i always did it racing games since i was a kid and i thought thats what everyone did lol. didnt even know about the term until recently

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back