Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,855 comments
Remember most cars with sequential shifting still have a clutch for launching from a dead stop. You can't just throw them into gear and start moving as if they have a centrifugal clutch. Even F1 cars have a lower "clutch paddle" on their steering wheels for starting off from a stop, and GT and other race cars have standard floor pedals. Also, race clutches are usually set to have a very high engage point in the travel of the pedal, both for use in racing and due to design and engineering. In ACC, most all of these cars are set up this way. When you see videos of novice drivers getting an opportunity to drive a real race car, they often stall them, sometimes repeatedly, when trying to leave the pit box.
Indeed. But that is not the issue here.
I know about stalling and it's not just novice drivers that manage to stall the engine.
But in this case (and I'm using a clutch) it's not possible to launch the car from a stand still in a normal way. The engine obviously doesn't stall but it takes way too long to get moving at a reasonable pace.

Alright, my first time posting in this thread. I recently finally got the PC version of AC myself thanks to a steam sale in hoping my computer can run the thing. Lucky for me, it does and rather well. I've had quite a bit of fun in the last few days downloading and experimenting with all of the different car & track mods created.

With that said, I'm asking if anyone knows if there's certain car mods available somewhere. For instance, one for a Foxbody Ford Mustang LX 5.0? I've googled searched for one and all I can find are edits of a 1993 Cobra R model that looks like the Forza model.

I can't call myself a proper sim racer

Of course you can, you do not need a wheel to be a "proper" SIM racer,
I was just trying to hint that
  1. A wheel does not have to be expensive to get you what a wheel can do, a Logitec driving force pro is perfectly adequate. ( I know I still have mine)
  2. You think you are having fun, and somehow, yes you are, but when you will get a wheel you will say " I should have done this along time ago" we all did.
That said, do what you think is best for you, I am not judging in any way, just trying to point a fellow sim racer in the right direction.
Once you have a wheel, I talk to you about VR.:D

@RandomCarGuy17 14,977 messages! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

@norms Finally worked out how to make chameleon paint actually work for an individual skin....All thanks to a skin I grabbed off Discord for the Mazda RX7 Feed. You have to put an ext_config.ini file inside the skin folder and after a bit of messing about with html colour codes it applies the chameleon effect to that skin only.

Check it out lol

PFPfYRT.jpg

Great stuff! Thanks for the info, the SLR looks good in that colour scheme too :D

Of course you can, you do not need a wheel to be a "proper" SIM racer,
I was just trying to hint that
  1. A wheel does not have to be expensive to get you what a wheel can do, a Logitec driving force pro is perfectly adequate. ( I know I still have mine)
  2. You think you are having fun, and somehow, yes you are, but when you will get a wheel you will say " I should have done this along time ago" we all did.
That said, do what you think is best for you, I am not judging in any way, just trying to point a fellow sim racer in the right direction.
Once you have a wheel, I talk to you about VR.:D

@RandomCarGuy17 14,977 messages! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Sorry, I probably came across a bit harsh in my reply to you earlier...didn't mean to sound that way. I was just saying what a lot of people have said in the past when I say I use a controller. And I know you are right in saying that once I do get a wheel I'd never go back to using a controller and would wonder how I managed for this long without a wheel, but I am having fun...honest, no really I am :lol: But yeah I know deep down you are right lol

Great stuff! Thanks for the info, the SLR looks good in that colour scheme too :D

I do like a purple car lol...although I'm kinda still not sure how it all works as I've tried doing it with yellow and blue and it's not working again. I swear AC just messes with your head when it feels like it

If you are using a XB1 pad. I recommend giving Kubro setting a look. For me It even makes the Shelby Cobra 427 (no asset) playable with a pad.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=238659280
Actually, I'll give that a try too. Thanks!

Though, I haven't had much of an issue playing this with my XB1 controller so far. I mean, some cars are too much of a handful for me (like the Gr.C race cars), but a good amount of them have been enjoyable.

Yup, I really love to talk.

Not at my rig but looking at engine.ini, my first guess would be to change:

[DAMAGE]
TURBO_BOOST_THRESHOLD=1.7 <---- THIS TO 2.1
TURBO_DAMAGE_K=0.5
RPM_THRESHOLD=8500
RPM_DAMAGE_K=0.3

See if that keeps it from damaging engine. Will try it myself if I can later.

Thanks.
While I knew it had to be changed there, I have no idea which values I needed to put in and I had no time to experiment yet.
So I used this 2.1 and no more damage warning. So far so good.
But I can now keep max revving in lower gears without the warning, so I guess I'll need to play a little more with that treshold value because like this the engine is indestructable :)

Quick question- can a Xbox remote be paired to a PC and a Xbox? Not at the same time but if I was to use my Xbox controller to race on AC, would I then have to pair it back to the Xbox again?

Quick question- can a Xbox remote be paired to a PC and a Xbox? Not at the same time but if I was to use my Xbox controller to race on AC, would I then have to pair it back to the Xbox again?

As far as I know yes.

On a different note is anyone finding RD slow to download from tonight? I mean like 300kb/s slow :boggled:

@Longmont and @MrB00, why are you not driving with a wheel?
Any used 50$ wheel will be better than a controller and will give you 1000% more immersion.

Yes you do, big time,
You have great cars and I will be forever grateful for those and all the free updates. Fantastic work.:bowdown:

But your downloads suck a big one, to the point that most of the time I wait for a charitable post with decent download link. You can deny all you want, it is what it is.:rolleyes:
dont feel like setting up a wheel. maybe later on and i dont really want a cheap 50 dollar one. plus with the right settings you can get a pad to work very well. and i dont care too much about immersion controls wise long as im comfortable

Do you know of a WIP that someone is doing? It's the Dubai city track btw, not the Dubai Autodrome real circuit that I'm sure has already been converted.

Yep, the city track from GRID Autosport, and it's very nearly finished. Like, 99% finished. But the modder has not had the opportunity yet to finish it.
And... it's absolutely fantastic, as good as any track conversion out there. Seriously.
I'm only letting the cat out of the bag in case anyone else is thinking of starting this track. Don't waste your time - spend it importing GT Sport tracks instead.

HONDA NSX GT3 ACC V1.1
View attachment 886685

CHANGELOG:

V1.1 **PLEASE DELETE THE OLD CAR FOLDER!

— fixed LCD text for VR
— changed LCD font type and color
— fixed Racelogic transparency
— added RPM bar
— added delta negative/positive colors
— added tyre lock/slip
— fixed Castrol_2 skin
— added Bathurst 2020 skin
— fixed warm disk texture
— ficxed flames texture
— adjusted Brake Temps
— adjusted Aero
— adjusted Engine values
— added colored rims
— fixed Honda logo chrome effect
— fixed cockpit/LCD lights

V1.0

— 3D car conversion
— added internal glass
— added damage glass
— created wiper animation
— raindrops now visible on the glasses
— added internal light "extension" for night racing
— added Lumirank for Blancpain cars
— added Pleds for IMSA cars
— added wobbling safety net and antenna
— added Blancpain, IMSA, promo skins

Just Awe. Some. Thank you!

Where do you install the colored rims? Also, getting constant engine damage as well (but does not seem to be doing anything). Regardless, very enjoyable!!

UPDATE !

Tyrrell Honda 020 - 1991 by ASR Formula V1.11 (02/02/2020) - Free Download
Link:
https://www.asrformula.com/mods/assetto-corsa/free-cars-ac/tyrrell-020-1991/

Changelog:
– Update aero

Installation notes:
Please delete all files of any previous versions of this mod !
Copy the content folder inside “AC Files” to your AC directory.
Please, be sure to install our custom driver inside “assettocorsa\content\driver”.

;)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back