Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,855 comments
Hi Buddies! As LA Canyon update is approaching, I was looking for some good road cars. I stumble upon a Facebook group and they have a huge 80’s 90’s super car pack for free download.

I am no expert to comment how well these mods are made. But I tested drive them on Lilski’s Calabogie track and these cars felt nice. They have solid force feedback and the cars move around the corners nicely. At least for my preference.

Please feel free to try them out and share your thoughts. Have a nice Sunday!
F1D77BEF-94B5-4A98-A869-9B7D2DF7F267.jpeg

https://mega.nz/#F!EYsQ2QxY!OIZvYHJ8-EAOXroZXcAU1w
P.S. this pack is huge ... 1.1GB

No kidding, I should've read the description. hehe
I thought it would be just 10 cars. I'll certainly give these guys a try, especially since I don't have a normal 190E Evolution II yet.

I mean, come on... So so awesome and a great idea Mascott. Laguna was hideous before along with its blinding track surface, glad you fixed that as well 👍 Now I can finally drive there again :lol:
(now only if the damn broken AA would get fixed in the shaders lately :banghead:)

Screenshot-honda-nsx-gt3-acc-ks-laguna-seca-1-2-120-16-6-34-Co.png
Screenshot-honda-nsx-gt3-acc-ks-laguna-seca-1-2-120-16-5-16.png

Not just me then with terrible cable lines on Laguna. What is with that?

Not just me then with terrible cable lines on Laguna. What is with that?

Its mutually agreed in discord with a couple others that its broken AA everywhere including cars/fences/wall edges/white lines/every track etc, near and worse afar. Every AA setting in CM doesn't fix it (Nvidia AA settings 'application controlled' enabled), no other combos fix it and even tried forcing various AA in Nvidia control panel, no changes.

This has been happening for a few months now and I keep going back to it tinkering, thinking its gonna fix itself. :DUsed to have butter lines, edges, fencing everywhere near and a far, not now. Even the "AA for cabling" checked in cm, no good.
Small example, not going to post the full pics or vids, I think you get it :lol:

ssssssssssssssssssssssssss.png

Now if we could just get a proper grass config :D
I'm not sure whether this will be possible with how the grass configs work. As part of this skin I've replaced the 'soil' textures with new grass ones, so I don't know how the CSP would pick them up as grass when my skin was active but ignore them with the default track. The last thing we'd want is beige 'grass' growing where all the dust currently is.
I guess a grassFX config could be done for my new skin if you never plan on using the original dusty beige version again..?
Hopefully someone who knows more about grassFX configs can answer *cough*@slider666*cough*.

When i tested the new Outrun 202:D, i saw speedometer blocked on my cars (A3dr collection).

How can i fix?

Can you show an example?
There are settings for in car instruments in CM. Go to:
Settings -> Custom shader patch -> Car instruments
Try checking off settings and test again. My tachometers were broken before, checking off "accurate tachometers" fixed it.

UPDATES !

Minardi-Ferrari M191 - 1991 by ASR Formula V1.02 (01/02/2020) Free Download
Link:
https://www.asrformula.com/mods/assetto-corsa/free-cars-ac/minardi-m191-1991-ac/

Changelog:

- Update aero

McLaren-Honda MP4/6 - 1991 by ASR Formula V1.27 (01/02/2020) Free Download
Link:
https://www.asrformula.com/mods/assetto-corsa/free-cars-ac/mclaren-mp4-6-1991/
Early Season

Late Season

Changelog:
- Update aero

Installation notes:

Copy the content folder inside “AC Files” to your AC directory.
Please, be sure to install our custom driver inside “assettocorsa\content\driver”.

ENJOY ! ;)
UPDATES !

Minardi-Ferrari M191 - 1991 by ASR Formula V1.02 (01/02/2020) Free Download
Link:
https://www.asrformula.com/mods/assetto-corsa/free-cars-ac/minardi-m191-1991-ac/

Changelog:

- Update aero

McLaren-Honda MP4/6 - 1991 by ASR Formula V1.27 (01/02/2020) Free Download
Link:
https://www.asrformula.com/mods/assetto-corsa/free-cars-ac/mclaren-mp4-6-1991/
Early Season

Late Season

Changelog:
- Update aero

Installation notes:

Copy the content folder inside “AC Files” to your AC directory.
Please, be sure to install our custom driver inside “assettocorsa\content\driver”.

ENJOY ! ;)
It was time for this revise. In Minimum Downforce setup it had almost 30:1 efficiency some 10 times more than real life...

Can you show an example?
There are settings for in car instruments in CM. Go to:
Settings -> Custom shader patch -> Car instruments
Try checking off settings and test again. My tachometers were broken before, checking off "accurate tachometers" fixed it.

Look at left :

No solved with your fix

Hi Buddies! As LA Canyon update is approaching, I was looking for some good road cars. I stumble upon a Facebook group and they have a huge 80’s 90’s super car pack for free download.

I am no expert to comment how well these mods are made. But I tested drive them on Lilski’s Calabogie track and these cars felt nice. They have solid force feedback and the cars move around the corners nicely. At least for my preference.

Please feel free to try them out and share your thoughts. Have a nice Sunday!
View attachment 887148

https://mega.nz/#F!EYsQ2QxY!OIZvYHJ8-EAOXroZXcAU1w
P.S. this pack is huge ... 1.1GB

Thanks mate. Mind sharing the name of that group ?

Recently have tested different race cars on Brands Hatch (track with good elevation and midium speed corners). i have asked, if the mods made by fans are correct ot its pure fiction of one's mind. I mean no one of modders don't know how GT3 or GT1 car should be felt like.
So for the begining i picked up Kunos 911 and RUF RGT-9 GT3 to compare. Difference is around 1.5 seconds (911 faster). Im not sure it should be like this.

Or lets take expensive RSS pack of a-la FIA GT cars. They drive just perfectly, no sliding, no brake locks. Is it real? I looked onboard from 575 maranello and it looked differet. So why do people ask money for it. Okay no problem. same pack by RSS - porsche 996 N-GT. It's extremely difficuilt to control, compare to GT1 Lister Storm, which goes like train on rails. Same time 993 GT2 FIA GT by Legion (the car should be in the same league as Lister or 575) feels same stable on the track, but slower more then one second.

GT4 is another story. First took Cayman GT4 clubsport is start point. It feels just super awesome and fun to drive. Maserati GT4 - compatible time. Lets take Ginetta GT4 or Evo by rtm, Alpine A110 GT4. It's much faster then Cayman and Gran turismo. So balance is lost. Car is fictional. How real Toyota GT-one is only god know, for example.

All tyres were Medium slick.

1,25,190 Espace F1 by rtm
1,25,546 Toyota GT-One
1,26,037 911 (993) GT1 1997
1,26,523 911 GT1 1998
1,26,539 Lister Strom GT1 by RSS
1,26,796 Ferrari 575 GT1 by RSS
1,27,018 911 GT3 2016
1,27,046 Hesketh 75
1,27,521 Mitsubishi GTO GT1 by RTM
1,27,944 993 GT2 FIA GT by Legion
1,28,827 RUF CTR3 clubsport
1,28,843 Ginetta G55 GT3
1,28,887 RUF RGT8 GT3
1,29,172 Alpine A110 GT4
1,29,600 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo GT3 bt RTM
1,30,410 Holden VF V8 supercars
1,30,624 Lada Granta WTCC TC1
1,31,008 996 N-GT by RSS
1,31,631 Lada Vesta TCR
1,31,653 Subaru Impreza TCR
1,31,771 Ginetta G55 Cup (GT4)
1,32,748 Shiden GT300 by GTSupreme
1,32,834 Subaru legacy B4 GT300 AWD by GTSupreme
1,33,424 Cayman GT4 Clubsport
1,33,562 Maserati GT GT4
1,34,253 Porsche 996 GT300 by GTSupreme
1,38,425 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 DTM
1,40,808 Cayman GT4
1,45,947 Porsche F1 804 by GTSupreme
1,47,087 Porsche F1 804 by Baza
1,54,385 Ginetta G40

PS lap times were taken from ~10 laps run, surface type: Fast. 10.30 AM 20 degrees

That all comes to the fact, that choosing mods, need to be very careful , compare real car videos to in-game feeling (or at least to see how real driver goes through the corners and controll the car). Biggest question now is about RSS team mods, feels like not worth of.
5htuDJ4_Ua8.jpg

Last edited:
Look at left :

No solved with your fix

Did you try unchecking other options?
I have a weird speedometer issue as well. My speedometer works normally if I'm driving. But when I go to pit and watch another car, their speedometer stands at zero. I never tried to fix this though as it didn't bother me.

Recently have tested different race cars on Brands Hatch (track with good elevation and midium speed corners). i have asked, if the mods made by fans are correct ot its pure fiction of one's mind. I mean no one of modders don't know how GT3 or GT1 car should be felt like.
So for the begining i picked up Kunos 911 and RUF RGT-9 GT3 to compare. Difference is around 1.5 seconds (911 faster). Im not sure it should be like this.

Or lets take expensive RSS pack of a-la FIA GT cars. They drive just perfectly, no sliding, no brake locks. Is it real? I looked onboard from 575 maranello and it looked differet. So why do people ask money for it. Okay no problem. same pack by RSS - porsche 996 N-GT. It's extremely difficuilt to control, compare to GT1 Lister Storm, which goes like train on rails. Same time 993 GT2 FIA GT by Legion (the car should be in the same league as Lister or 575) feels same stable on the track, but slower more then one second.

GT4 is another story. First took Cayman GT4 clubsport is start point. It feels just super awesome and fun to drive. Maserati GT4 - compatible time. Lets take Ginetta GT4 or Evo by rtm, Alpine A110 GT4. It's much faster then Cayman and Gran turismo. So balance is lost. Car is fictional. How real Toyota GT-one is only god know, for example.

All tyres were Medium slick.

1,25,190 Espace F1 by rtm
1,25,546 Toyota GT-One
1,26,037 911 (993) GT1 1997
1,26,523 911 GT1 1998
1,26,539 Lister Strom GT1 by RSS
1,26,796 Ferrari 575 GT1 by RSS
1,27,018 911 GT3 2016
1,27,046 Hesketh 75
1,27,521 Mitsubishi GTO GT1 by RTM
1,27,944 993 GT2 FIA GT by Legion
1,28,827 RUF CTR3 clubsport
1,28,843 Ginetta G55 GT3
1,28,887 RUF RGT8 GT3
1,29,172 Alpine A110 GT4
1,29,600 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo GT3 bt RTM
1,30,410 Holden VF V8 supercars
1,30,624 Lada Granta WTCC TC1
1,31,008 996 N-GT by RSS
1,31,631 Lada Vesta TCR
1,31,653 Subaru Impreza TCR
1,31,771 Ginetta G55 Cup (GT4)
1,32,748 Shiden GT300 by GTSupreme
1,32,834 Subaru legacy B4 GT300 AWD by GTSupreme
1,33,424 Cayman GT4 Clubsport
1,33,562 Maserati GT GT4
1,34,253 Porsche 996 GT300 by GTSupreme
1,38,425 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 DTM
1,40,808 Cayman GT4
1,45,947 Porsche F1 804 by GTSupreme
1,47,087 Porsche F1 804 by Baza
1,54,385 Ginetta G40

PS lap times were taken from ~10 laps run, surface type: Fast. 10.30 AM 20 degrees

That all comes to the fact, that choosing mods, need to be very careful , compare real car videos to in-game feeling (or at least to see how real driver goes through the corners and controll the car). Biggest question now is about RSS team mods, feels like not worth of.
5htuDJ4_Ua8.jpg

Not totally sure what your point is?

Comparing cars to real life is going to be not that accurate as on the day was the track 'green' or rubbered in, was it warm or cold was it on tyres from the day i.e. are RSS making older race cars with modern tyres (historical racing can't use period tyres for example, tyres are a massive difference).
The car from say 1973 video is not the same car as the 1973 racer going up Goodwood in 2019.

What set up was the driver using in real life video also, without this honestly its almost fruitless endeavour, aside from it looks like good fun and nothing wrong in blasting a few cars around a track back to back. :)

From the file name it looks like the AC Pursuit group.

Yep that's the group. I managed to grab these the other day but ended up getting rid of most of them lol. Already had the same cars in my list anyway and not sure what ACP do to there cars but these just felt a bit off to me.

Yep that's the group. I managed to grab these the other day but ended up getting rid of most of them lol. Already had the same cars in my list anyway and not sure what ACP do to there cars but these just felt a bit off to me.

I tried ACP’s previous “vintage” car pack, and only a few of them actually worked. I believe the cars marked “club” or “lock” are only driveable by those who accumulate currency by driving on their server.

@TonyBarracuda

None of the VRC Prototypes ?
Well, I know this exercice can't be exhaustive (so far !) and I wanna ask you about one thing, did you used stock setups ?
We are aware about the tyres, the laps, the conditions but the setup.
Anyway, that's not the main problematic..!

I always thought reaching "reality" in mainstream simulations is like to searching a "Graal"... which It not exists.
Most of us never put his booty in most of the cars we are able to "drive" in simulations... and most of us will never put his body in "true" racing simulations like F1 teams got, I think It exists a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge gap.
I am also a big fan of rally (I will not mention my favorite game) and when I watch a replay, I always think to myself "I will NEVER drive like that in real conditions and if I were a passenger as the copilot, I will pee on me !).
Obviously, It's the same as all the racing cars instead of street cars and obviously we can realize some of our secret dreams driving virtually some mechanical beasts and beauties.:cool:

So, all I wrote is "common thought", anyway your advice about your experiment and some well known modding teams is your own thought... we can disagree.

By the way, thank you for sharing your thought with this exercice. ;)

@safi hellie
I was writing and I just saw your post after refreshing. :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Will be released in 2 days in ACC but available now in AC.:D
Fun to follow Aris advice on this ever challenging track.

I always thought reaching "reality" in mainstream simulations is like to searching a "Graal"... which It not exists.
Most of us never put his booty in most of the cars we are able to "drive" in simulations
Totally agree, those of us who have driven a "race" car on track, will all agree that even with a sophisticated rig their is a big gap.
So yes, looking for reality where it is not is a little futile, specially if it interferes whit having fun driving in our favorite sim ( what ever it is).
Better hardware makes it a bit closer, keeping in mind that we are still miles away, Some still "drive" with controller and still have fun.
Our goal should be fun, that when we drive a particular car on a particular track with a particular set up in particular track and weather condition with particular tires yield a different result that some guy driving a similar car IRL is to be expected and means nothing.
That we have fun doing the exercise means everything.
The most foolish expression we can read on a racing game/SIM forum is : "it feels exactly like the real thing".

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back