Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,849 comments
Hey, Masscot... On your end, try this to troubleshoot. In CM click the window and select the material then change values and save profile, then apply that profile to Material #148 and save. Test in game. :cheers:

full
Thanks @Apexxer , @delpinsky has now fixed the issue and it'll be in the next update.
I tried your tip above to remove the internal reflections from the side windows in @Showmebest66 's Renault Megane RS275 Trophy-R (and S1) by copying the properties from the windscreen (that doesn't have this issue) but it din't work. Wish I know more about this!
It's a nice car but the way the side windows reflect the road is really distracting in VR. Is there a quick fix for this? I tried changing alpha blending to alpha testing but that did nothing.
Maybe if Alex is around he can comment or maybe he has an updated kn5?

Has anyone here tried this new Corvette C8 mod by Nicolas Devoto? Search for Nicolas Devoto Corvette C8 on Facebook.

The model looks good, but the physics really need some work. I discussed its' issues with Nicolas, primarily that the car tends to over steer and lose traction too easily (actually a little easier than the Sim Dream C8R--which needs improvement). The real pre-production car actually tends to under steer when pushed harder, but some think the all-weather tires on the demo cars were part of the issue.

Nicolas stated that he partially based the physics on a C7. Because the C8 is so drastically different, I don't even know why someone would start with that. Maybe someone could offer Nicolas some help with this. Of course until the real, final production car is available, any physics are purely speculative, but some improvement would help with this mod (and the C8R as well). The model is definitely nice, and looks pretty good and accurate.

On a side note, I will be eventually ordering a C8 after it's been out for a year or so, and it's past its' first introduction issues (and any recalls, if they happen). Nicolas even set up the color combination I want, the ceramic matrix grey with the two-tone interior--it's in the video below.

This is his current link to it. He's updated it once, and considers this a v1 release. I don't think it's quite there yet.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0ugy5...SUwq-P3n--nbe4WQYCLykRXqs0vfU9lWERasVwadlXjTk

Here's a "shake down" lap of Nicolas' C8 at NOLA. You can see what the car tends to do.

Very early Nurburgring test laps

Matt Farah's track test video. In this video, he often intentionally over steers, or turns in late to cause the car to break lose. If you watch the whole video, you begin to understand how the demo car is set up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be released in 2 days in ACC but available now in AC.:D
Fun to follow Aris advice on this ever challenging track.

Totally agree, those of us who have driven a "race" car on track, will all agree that even with a sophisticated rig their is a big gap.
So yes, looking for reality where it is not is a little futile, specially if it interferes whit having fun driving in our favorite sim ( what ever it is).
Better hardware makes it a bit closer, keeping in mind that we are still miles away, Some still "drive" with controller and still have fun.
Our goal should be fun, that when we drive a particular car on a particular track with a particular set up in particular track and weather condition with particular tires yield a different result that some guy driving a similar car IRL is to be expected and means nothing.
That we have fun doing the exercise means everything.
The most foolish expression we can read on a racing game/SIM forum is : "it feels exactly like the real thing".

From experience of racing drivers going on our sim set up here is my take on it.

A sim racer could get into a racing car and drive it around a track, if they have done karting or drive on the road even more so.
Driving a car is not difficult.

A racing driver who has never driven in a 'sim'....struggle to the point of getting angry and saying its rubbish 8 times out of ten.

It is harder in a sim for many reasons.

Personally sims should be fun first and foremost.
To train on, its simply for track knowledge and then reactions and race craft, even more so online like iRacing against people.

So long as you pass an ards test (easy peesy) and have the cash anyone an be a racing driver.
Whether you are good or have a good enough car is another thing though...
I am never sure why it gets looked on as something that is beyond mere mortals...

Thanks @Apexxer , @delpinsky has now fixed the issue and it'll be in the next update.
I tried your tip above to remove the internal reflections from the side windows in @Showmebest66 's Renault Megane RS275 Trophy-R (and S1) by copying the properties from the windscreen (that doesn't have this issue) but it din't work. Wish I know more about this!
It's a nice car but the way the side windows reflect the road is really distracting in VR. Is there a quick fix for this? I tried changing alpha blending to alpha testing but that did nothing.

Is this a VR thing as i couldn't replicate the road reflections in my RS trophy but you could change the values for the side window that i grabbed from the Megane Sport 250 (Assettoland version) and see if it helps.

Blend mode: Alpha blend
Alpha test: False
Depth mode: Normal

Shader properties:
• ksAmbient: 0.25
• ksDiffuse: 0.25
• ksSpecular: 2
• ksSpecularEXP: 650
• ksEmissive: 0
• ksAlphaRef: 0
• fresnelC: 0.1
• fresnelEXP: 3
• isAdditive: 0
• fresnelMaxLevel: 0.3

@Masscot
In order to do a proper job, you need to unpack the kn5 with CM Showroom unpacker and open the fbx into Kunos Editor. There you right click on the window with issues and check the TRANSPARENCY set to ON and Cast Shadows to OFF. Windows glasses must have ksPerPixelReflections/ksWindScreen (EXT/INT glass) as shaders and for these kind of shaders is mandatory to have transparency ON.

I thought they all lived in Monaco ;)
^^ or in Switzerland ! ;)

Porsche 911 GT1 "98" (Kunos)

Hesketh F1 "1975" (AC Legends/Bazza)

Soooo, what It's supposed to be by conclusion in the same conditions (barely because I wasn't on 10 laps with fuel, I put the fuel by memory and the setups were "stock") except the Hesketh with hard tyres because it's "soft" or "hard" only.

Am I a good virtual driver ?
I don't think so !

Am I particulary at ease on "Brands-Hatch" ?
Maybe, who knows !?

Is my rig favorites me ?
To get the better rig will never help you as good if you are not ! (My rig is far from "Premium" and when I was driving with a Logitech G27 or G29, my "skills" were the same, I left these wheels only by the generated noise but my actual wheel is more precise, It's a fact).

Are you a more sensitive driver ?
I don't know !

Am I a more sensitive driver ?
I don't know !

Do I want to influence anyone about my "feelings" ?
No... definitely !

Etc, etc, etc..!

If even I'll be able to give my thought, I prefer that everybody will made his own opinion.
I just give my "feeling" when someone felt something that I didn't feel like "massive understeer or oversteer" on a free modded car.

Cheers. ;)

What are you guys driving/racing today?

For me, it was the Ford Sierra RS500 Group A on Grobnik and Goodwood.

Porsche GT1RS @ Luccaring HD, Barcelona, Laguna Seca with grass, Brands Hatch, and then Fonteny and Feldbergring with 2 -way traffic with the aggression turned way up lol

Mazda RT24-P on Laguna Seca with Masscot's update, solid combination, good times.

Is it the MAZDA RT24-P DPI from Assettoland? I'm going to try that combo :cheers:

Porsche GT1RS @ Luccaring HD, Barcelona, Laguna Seca with grass, Brands Hatch, and then Fonteny and Feldbergring with 2 -way traffic with the aggression turned way up lol

You've been busy today :)

I tried that Fonteny 2-way traffic using Legion's Sunbean which was a lot of fun.

I was thinking last night about LAC and I'm wondering if on the main loop if it would be possible to start a race but with only one way opposing traffic? That would be awesome! Or even two way traffic.

What are you guys driving/racing today?

For me, it was the Ford Sierra RS500 Group A on Grobnik and Goodwood.
Hesketh Formula 1 from 1975 and Porsche 911 GT1 from 1998 on Brands-Hatch ! ^^
Why am I laughing ?
See my previous post !^^

Next hour... I don’t know yet !
Maybe a Toyota TS050 or a Porsche 917K and maybe a 917/30, or a legendary Ferrari from the 60’s !

Hesketh Formula 1 from 1975 and Porsche 911 GT1 from 1998 on Brands-Hatch ! ^^
Why am I laughing ?
See my previous post !^^

Next hour... I don’t know yet !
Maybe a Toyota TS050 or a Porsche 917K and maybe a 917/30, or a legendary Ferrari from the 60’s !

If only we had a Brands Hatch 60's skin :D

Is it the MAZDA RT24-P DPI from Assettoland? I'm going to try that combo :cheers:

You've been busy today :)

I tried that Fonteny 2-way traffic using Legion's Sunbean which was a lot of fun.

I was thinking last night about LAC and I'm wondering if on the main loop if it would be possible to start a race but with only one way opposing traffic? That would be awesome! Or even two way traffic.

Yep, been having loads of fun with the 2 way traffic. I've found all of the BZ Simworks mods work really well against the Porsche. Also not all car mods work and I've had a couple of cars end up sideways across the track holding everyone up. Must try out some of the older cars like the Sunbeam and the TVR griffiths etc.

I think the new version of LAC (when it gets released) will have some more traffic options...according to the FAQ here https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/la-canyons.15067/ there will be one way traffic but how you would then get a race going with that I don't know.

Yep, been having loads of fun with the 2 way traffic. I've found all of the BZ Simworks mods work really well against the Porsche. Also not all car mods work and I've had a couple of cars end up sideways across the track holding everyone up. Must try out some of the older cars like the Sunbeam and the TVR griffiths etc.

I think the new version of LAC (when it gets released) will have some more traffic options...according to the FAQ here https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/la-canyons.15067/ there will be one way traffic but how you would then get a race going with that I don't know.

For Fonteny and I'm sure other tracks too, you can try playing around with the AI flood settings. Alekabul (my favorite and underrated modder) posted these setting in the support section.

ai-jpg.343642

For Fonteny and I'm sure other tracks too, you can try playing around with the AI flood settings. Alekabul (my favorite and underrated modder) posted these setting in the support section.

ai-jpg.343642
Cool, I'll have a play around with those settings. Alekabal is the king when it comes to 2 way and traffic mods fosure

I have a problem that I can't understand what's causing it. You see, I tried this mod of a Porsche 993 Turbo. The model looks rather good. However, for some reason; my game crashes whenever I test it.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-911-993-turbo.29842/

I will be able to get to the race menu screen, but when I click "drive". The screen will freeze on fade-in. I checked the model in content manager and it didn't pick up anything wrong with it. I tried the "S2" version that came with the mod and I was able to complete a whole lap in that, but I still can't drive the stock one. I originally thought it was my graphics card due to an error message the game told me, but I was still able to drive other cars and on the same track.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back