America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
It seems like a fairly straightforward solution instead of attempting (and almost certainly failing) to revive the Assault Weapons Ban would be to compromise and regulate the spooky scary features that they can actually defend the argument of like they already do suppressors and SBRs and shoulder stocks. It seems like it would be particularly applicable for high capacity magazines.

You want your KCI 50 round drum? No problem. Get a tax stamp. Maybe even apply it to receivers with pistol grips (though I'm less sure of the basis for that)? It's most likely not practical to apply that to ones already sold (nevermind the ludicrous idea brought up in the House to retroactively make them a felony to possess) but going forward I wouldn't have much issue with that.

Last edited:
In several large US cities the police are engaging in work slow-downs due to fears of prosecution by progressive DA's and mayors. But this excuse is not available in the small town (~15,000) of Uvalde, since both those offices are held by Republicans.

The Daniel Defense company manufactures murder weapons. They created the fetish object used to kill 21 people in Uvalde. Here is an example of their advertising on Twitter.

C231EF3C-6AC9-4E2D-8A54-10D976ABBEC3.jpeg

As far as I know, the first mass domestic shooting took place in 1966 in the Texas Tower incident. Some 14 people were killed. It was widely publicized on radio, TV and newspapers. Since then, such shootings have multiplied as we know. Since the Uvalde shooting, I think we may have suffered several such shootings each day since. Perhaps it is the copycat effect at work? Perhaps there would be fewer shootings if they weren't publicized so broadly?

As far as I know, the first mass domestic shooting took place in 1966 in the Texas Tower incident. Some 14 people were killed. It was widely publicized on radio, TV and newspapers. Since then, such shootings have multiplied as we know. Since the Uvalde shooting, I think we may have suffered several such shootings each day since. Perhaps it is the copycat effect at work? Perhaps there would be fewer shootings if they weren't publicized so broadly?
Yeah that's the solution, sweep it under the table like it never happened.:boggled:

Last edited:
Yeah that's the solution, sweep it under the table like it never happened.:boggled:
A controlled release of such incendiary news into appropriate journals of record might be a wise compromise. The problem is out of control. Something must be done, and it must be done legally and with consent of the people.

In Switzerland I think every family has a gun and the training to use it. They don't seem to suffer from mass shootings. Perhaps this information might be adapted to the US? Perhaps every American family should be trained in arms and possess a government issued rifle? In such a paradigm, all unregistered/undesirable arms might be legally confiscated.

A controlled release of such incendiary news into appropriate journals of record might be a wise compromise. The problem is out of control. Something must be done, and it must be done legally and with consent of the people.
Do you think in this age of social media something as heinous as a school shooting could be hushed up to any degree?

Last edited:
Do you think in this age of social media something as heinous as a school shooting could be hushed up to any degree?
It'd be next to impossible. Even if some kind of blackout was possible, nobody kills because they observe someone else killing. People kill because they have the desire to kill. Dotini knows this. Everyone knows this. As ever, Dotini's purpose is to deflect and obfuscate.

As far as I know, the first mass domestic shooting took place in 1966 in the Texas Tower incident.
How is that figured? There have been thousands of mass shootings in America since 1776. The Enoch Brown School Massacre happened during Pontiac's War and killed 10 kids.

Even going solely by the 20th century, the Ocoee Massacre in 1920 killed 37 people and the Tusla Massacre had over 800 people killed.

Then, even if you narrow it down to a mass killing without real motivation (like race) and still in the 20th century, the Walk of Death that happened in Camden, NJ on Sept 6, 1949 is still earlier than the U of T shooting. 13 people were killed during that rampage.

It'd be next to impossible. Even if some kind of blackout was possible, nobody kills because they observe someone else killing. People kill because they have the desire to kill. Dotini knows this. Everyone knows this. As ever, Dotini's purpose is to deflect and obfuscate.

I've read it in that article above that seeing a mass shooting could encourage others on the verge to take action.

POLITICO: Are you saying there’s a link between the Buffalo and Uvalde shootings?

Peterson: We don’t know for sure at this point, but our research would say that it’s likely. You had an 18-year-old commit a horrific mass shooting. His name is everywhere and we all spend days talking about “replacement theory.” That shooter was able to get our attention. So, if you have another 18-year-old who is on the edge and watching everything, that could be enough to embolden him to follow. We have seen this happen before.

I've read it in that article above that seeing a mass shooting could encourage others on the verge to take action.
If someone is on the verge of taking that particular action, any number of things could be the thing that pushes them over the edge. Human agency exists.

POLITICO: Are you saying there’s a link between the Buffalo and Uvalde shootings?

Peterson: We don’t know for sure at this point, but our research would say that it’s likely. You had an 18-year-old commit a horrific mass shooting. His name is everywhere and we all spend days talking about “replacement theory.” That shooter was able to get our attention. So, if you have another 18-year-old who is on the edge and watching everything, that could be enough to embolden him to follow. We have seen this happen before.
That article has a bunch of good information in it.

To Paraphrase...

As far as I know,
the last Australian mass domestic shooting took place in 1996 in the Port Arthur, Tasmania incident. Some 35 people were killed. It was widely publicized on radio, TV and newspapers. Since then, such shootings in Australia have pretty much been eliminated as we know, despite very broad publicity to the daily ongoing carnage in America.

This is despite the fact that Australian civilians own more than 3.5 million registered firearms, an average of four for each licensed gun owner.

Of course, Australia has firearm background checks, and takes mental health support seriously. There are also other gun safety initiatives such as an assault weapon ban similar to the one introduced in the US during the Clinton (D) administration, but removed under Bush (R).

I think if we like them and want more, we should publicize them widely as we are doing today. But if we hate them and want fewer of them, we should report them with great restraint. I recommend the New York Times, bottom of inside page with no pictures or video distributed. The idea is to take the glamour, cachet, instant fame and celebrity out of these horrific acts that are proliferating out of control.

There have been 33 mass shootings in the US since Uvalde.

Last edited:
...and just like that, I'm in touch with the person in charge of school safety for my district. I'm already learning a lot about what they have in place. I'm kinda stunned that they took the time to actually respond so quickly, I'm sure they were inundated with emails.

The door has been cracked for me to bend the ear of the school district, I will be taking that opportunity.
I chatted for about 30 minutes today with the person in charge of school safety for my district. I asked a few pointed questions, mostly I was pleased to hear that they're taking much more serious and significant steps to address the problem, from all angles, well beyond what happened in Uvalde. The person I talked to told me that it was absurd that the obvious signs in Uvalde were ignored, and that any one of the many signs that the shooter exhibited would be flagged in our district. The same person told me that our district makes much more effort in school security than most districts in Colorado.

I asked a very pointed question about what happened in Highlands Ranch a few years ago, where students smuggled guns in music instrument cases. The answers I got were not great. It is admittedly a hard problem, and I made a hard pitch to eliminate backpacks from the school. What I was told is that at the moment there is no movement in the district to that end, so I did my best to start that movement today. I'll keep doing it however I can.

From the article:
Daily Beast
It’s unclear why Masters—who has pushed the baseless “great replacement” conspiracy theory narrative—felt compelled to single out Black people. Moments earlier in the interview, during a discussion about Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson’s confirmation hearings, Masters told Oravits that “most Americans just, you know, just want to stop obsessing about race all the time,” adding that “the left’s biggest tool in their toolkit is just to divide people on the basis of race, and that’s really messed up.”
This is maybe just a little disingenuous since it seems clear to me why "Master Race" Masters is singling out Black people, but it's certainly useful to expose his hypocrisy from an "every accusation is a confession" kinda angle.

Last edited:
It seems like a fairly straightforward solution instead of attempting (and almost certainly failing) to revive the Assault Weapons Ban would be to compromise and regulate the spooky scary features that they can actually defend the argument of like they already do suppressors and SBRs and shoulder stocks. It seems like it would be particularly applicable for high capacity magazines.

You want your KCI 50 round drum? No problem. Get a tax stamp. Maybe even apply it to receivers with pistol grips (though I'm less sure of the basis for that)? It's most likely not practical to apply that to ones already sold (nevermind the ludicrous idea brought up in the House to retroactively make them a felony to possess) but going forward I wouldn't have much issue with that.
I think something like this is a totally workable feasible solution that could have real results. Basically put all 10+rd rifle magazines behind tax stamps and enforce it for real. Same with semi auto receivers (pistol grip or not, IMO) capable of receiving said larger capacity rifle-caliber magazines. Agreed trying to regulate already-sold firearms is impossible...the old trope of the fishing accident will be trotted out pretty often.

The best (well, depending on what you advocate for) result of the tax stamp idea is that it will push up the values of all similar weapons, potentially out of reach of high school kids who want to shoot up a school.

Last edited:
I made a hard pitch to eliminate backpacks from the school. What I was told is that at the moment there is no movement in the district to that end, so I did my best to start that movement today. I'll keep doing it however I can.
I agree. When I was in school I carried my Big Chief tablet, #2 pencil and currently assigned book openly by my side. Even in college I just carried a bigger stack in the same fashion. No back packs!!

I agree. When I was in school I carried my Big Chief tablet, #2 pencil and currently assigned book openly by my side. Even in college I just carried a bigger stack in the same fashion. No back packs!!
No need to move books back and forth either. Or computers for that matter.

As I explained it today, schools went to extraordinary lengths to protect the lives of teachers and students during the pandemic, moving toward an entirely digital remote classroom to ensure safety. Surely it is feasible to keep in-person instruction while moving to digital resources for study and homework at home. At-school resources can stay paper if needed. Optimally, the textbooks with the answers/genitalia drawn in the margins handed down from one generation of student to the next, which are difficult to update, go the way of the dinosaur and the texts are digital both at school and at home, especially past a certain age group.

Students should be able to access texts, video resources, lectures, their own notes, homework assignments, and completed homework with grades and teacher notes from any computer via web login. But this is a long term goal.

Last edited:
Absolute ****ing garbage.

No harm is prevented here. Nobody's rights are protected here. This only violates rights. This is "I don't like this so I want to prohibit it" mother****ery.

Last edited:
This texas tragedy was so bad and deadly that I don't think anyone will ever forget about it cause occasionally now it will be on the news everywhere you go.

Back