America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
One of the things that conservatives are going to push for after Uvalde is increasing police presence in schools. These cops are called School Resource Officers or SRO's. Here locally they are certainly pushing for that.

But increasing police in schools can lead to more problems than it solves. This past week John Oliver devoted his main segment to SRO's. Out of the many things that concerned me in the piece, one in particular really made me angry. An Osceola Florida county SRO was filmed slamming a girl to the ground knocking her unconscious. Not only did the deputy not face any charges but the Sheriff seemed more concerned that his deputy was even being criticized. That starts around 20:47.

LANGUAGE WARNING

That sheriff with those classy sunglasses really inspire confidence.

/s

Last edited:
Today's front page headlines of the Fox "News" website covers:-
  • Inflation surges to new highs because of Biden
  • Kavanaugh needing protection because of Dems' words
  • Some crime victim's story because of a liberal DA
  • "America's lifeguard shortage will be 'a total disaster come August'"
  • Ray Liotta's daughter breaks her silence with several appreciative words about her late father
Strangely, it's almost as if yesterday's January 6 Hearings didn't happen. I guess Fox is Pleading the Fifth on that subject.

Last edited:
Today's front page headlines of the Fox "News" website covers:-
  • Inflation surges to new highs because of Biden
  • Kavanaugh needing protection because of Dems' words
  • Some crime victim's story because of a liberal DA
  • "America's lifeguard shortage will be 'a total disaster come August'"
  • Ray Liotta's daughter breaks her silence with several appreciative words about her late father
Strangely, it's almost as if yesterday's January 6 Hearings didn't happen. I guess Fox is Pleading the Fifth on that subject.
It's on its front page:

1654872146055.png

The tablet version of their website presented the main stories as I listed above
It's on the mobile version, which is no different than the tablet version:
1654873232501.png

Look, Fox News is a garbage publication, but there are plenty of legit things to criticize it about without having to purposely ignore something. Yes, the story isn't higher like it is on CNN, but it's still there. However, I doubt most Fox News readers/watchers are really all that interested in it.

It's on the mobile version, which is no different than the tablet version:
No, it’s not. This is the version I see on my iPad.
95EFC938-A552-4036-876E-1D0DB005764E.png

0C625952-1BAB-44A4-93E3-5A1BADA54AFF.png

FBEA78D7-8F86-49FE-8592-9FC15760B7EB.png

Yes, you can find it mentioned, but other than a small link near the top, it’s in small sidebars, and it’s mostly opinion pieces about the hearings being bad (but not the insurrection, ironically.)

Last edited:
No, it’s not. This is the version I see on my iPad.
View attachment 1159630
View attachment 1159629
View attachment 1159631
Yes, you can find it mentioned, but other than a small link near the top, it’s in small sidebars, and it’s mostly opinion pieces about the hearings being bad (but not the insurrection, ironically.)

It shows the article in your third picture. While Fox News doesn't exactly draw major attention to it like some other outlets, it still covers the story.

It shows the article in your third picture. While Fox News doesn't exactly draw major attention to it like some other outlets, it still covers the story.
This “coverage” of the story has bubbled up now… 😂

50E13C79-CE63-4608-A41E-3A92D95ECD43.jpeg

Just this morning, Rep Jim Banks provided confirmation of the wisdom of his rejection from membership of the Jan 6 committee.

He thinks hearings are meant to present “points of view”, rather than actual, you know, “facts”.

(He could have used the term “Alternative Facts™” of course.)

ED43297A-B5D9-468B-A913-AFB6BC35CAE5.jpeg

For the Twitter deficient, Patriot Takes tweeted:
In a particularly low move, Matt Gaetz attacked January 6th committee member Rep. Jamie Raskin as being “unable” to do his job due to losing his own child to suicide.

Gaetz: “The country shouldn’t have to go through all that with him.”

AOC responded:
.@RepRaskin is a greater statesman, Congressman, human being than most of us. History will remember him. Tommy was a remarkable person and testament of his parents’ love.

Gaetz is a bad haircut in a cheap suit, a feat of mediocrity given that he’s here on papa’s money. Bye 👋🏽

Last edited:
Where is "disruption to the peaceful transfer of power" on that list?
That would require a well educated population who have at least a passing knowledge of world history.

I fear that the US will shortly find itself added to the lists in this article...

PS if your country is not on the list, don't get complacent.

”only one is from Idaho.” In other words, the people who screamed about BLM shipping in outside agitators by the bus load shipped in outside agitators by the bus load.

For some reason today’s Jan 6 Hearings reminded me of this talk done by Tony Schwartz about 10 days ahead of the 2016 election.

Reminder, Tony Schwartz was the guy who ghost-wrote “The Art of the Deal” for Trump. In preparing for the book, he saw a lot of Trump and got to understand his deeply flawed psyche

The whole talk is worth listening to, but let me direct you to the part where he presciently says “Trump will never concede” and he’ll simply go to “anger”

Click this link to jump to that part -

Last edited:
Back