America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
And apparently Abbott is now fighting this to make sure more footage isn't released.
Yeah, I gather that's going on more than a week now. At least that's how long the resistance has been made known to the public. I know ProPublica is trying to make headway with releases.

Totally normal.

Last edited:
Screenshot-20220620-124925-Samsung-Internet.jpg

UH-OH!!!
Good. I'm glad I reported the post now. Others must have done the same.

re: Carson v.Makin holding.

From Justice Sotomayor (dissenting): "Today, the Court leads us to a place where separation of church and state becomes a constitutional violation."

Exactly nobody is surprised. The party-line vote (6-2) of the Select Committee on Investigations to not recommend impeachment will be considered by the full South Dakota House of Representatives (with 88.5% Republican control) at a later date.
I haven't been tracking this as vigorously as I would have liked, but it actually--astoundingly--got to impeachment trial.

Important to remember that at the time those two or four tires went off the road, Ravnsborg was likely wading through political sludge on his phone, and because those two or four tires went off the road, Ravnsborg struck a man who then went through the windshield and whose glasses were found inside the vehicle. And then Ravnsborg lied about it.

Edit:

Last edited:
Kari Lake is a former local news anchor now running for Governor in Arizona. She has turned hard right, including the currently fashionable right-wing attacks on drag performers.

Richard Stevens, a drag performer under the name of Barbra Seville, has performed for her and her children in drag several times. They were close friends. Her anti-drag stance is pure hypocrisy. He has the receipts.

First by showing they were friends.

Showing that she invited him to her private Facebook page and had conversations with him.

Showing this wasn't casual, they were close friends.

They went to parties together with Stevens in drag.

Kari Lake's response to the images that show her hypocrisy? Double down.
FVpMuj9UAAAH0Lq.jpg

"These animals are salivating over a fake story"

Sums up the whole drag queen issue perfectly.

Also, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty certain unless it's one of the librarians doing it nobody is getting paid for story time whether they're in drag or not so apart from the electricity bill taxpayers aren't funding drag queen story time.

Wow, I've got an alert! Maybe someone liked a short film I posted. Or maybe a film review.

Oh, it is just @TexRex quoting a post I made... [checks calendar] 25 months ago. :lol:

Last edited:
Kari Lake is a former local news anchor now running for Governor in Arizona. She has turned hard right, including the currently fashionable right-wing attacks on drag performers.

Richard Stevens, a drag performer under the name of Barbra Seville, has performed for her and her children in drag several times. They were close friends. Her anti-drag stance is pure hypocrisy. He has the receipts.

First by showing they were friends.

Showing that she invited him to her private Facebook page and had conversations with him.

Showing this wasn't casual, they were close friends.

They went to parties together with Stevens in drag.

Kari Lake's response to the images that show her hypocrisy? Double down.
View attachment 1163703

As an Arizona resident, makes me sick that I share my state with that monster.

Also, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty certain unless it's one of the librarians doing it nobody is getting paid for story time whether they're in drag or not so apart from the electricity bill taxpayers aren't funding drag queen story time.
They've groomed the idiot base to not accept pesky "facts."

I like where she presses the magic defamation button and references Nick Sandmann, the cockroach who wouldn't be deposed for his lawsuit. Because Sandmann wouldn't be deposed, the suit would never see the inside of a courtroom and so he couldn't have coerced more than a nuisance fee from the target of his suit who paid him to scurry back under the fridge as if the lights had been turned on. Sandmann has certainly gotten more from media appearances to satisfy the idiot base.

Wow, I've got an alert! Maybe someone liked a short film I posted. Or maybe a film review.

Oh, it is just @TexRex quoting a post I made... [checks calendar] 25 months ago. :lol:
"STOP ERASING OUR HISTORY!"

:lol:

Tom Rogan writes in the Washington Examiner,

According to two sources, around the time of Russia's late February invasion of Ukraine, a cyber unit of Russia's GRU military intelligence service again conducted targeting-reconnaissance operations against a major U.S. liquefied natural gas exporter, Freeport LNG.

U.S. LNG exports have long been a priority concern for Russia, viewed by Russian President Vladimir Putin as a means for the United States to undercut Russia's domination of the European gas market.

On June 8, Freeport LNG suffered an explosion at its liquefaction plant and export terminal on Texas's Quintana Island. The damage suffered means the facility is not expected to resume major operations until late 2022. The June 8 disruption had an immediate impact in spiking already soaring European gas prices and has reinforced Russia's ability to hold gas supplies to Europe at risk in retaliation for the European Union sanctions imposed on Russia over the war in Ukraine. U.S. LNG futures have fallen significantly since the explosion.

One source tells me that the FBI is investigating the cause of the explosion. Responding to a question as to whether the FBI and its Cyber Division were involved in the investigation, the FBI told the Washington Examiner, "We can neither confirm nor deny the existence of an investigation into this matter."
...if Russia is responsible for the Freeport LNG incident, it breached explicit warnings from President Joe Biden against critical infrastructure attacks. Technically, it would also have conducted an act of war on U.S. soil.

The 6-3 decision will immediately allow 13 states with pre-written "trigger laws" to immediately ban most abortions. It is thought that about half the states will eventually enact anti-abortion laws. It remains to be seen the severity of any protests and the effect of people seeking abortions by crossing state lines or receiving kits in the mail.

As if there were any further reasons needed for Thomas to step down.
Stepping down drastically hinders furtherance of a religious and political agenda.
The rat ****er lied. Every single one of the six conservative Justices sat before the Senate Judiciary Committee and stated in some form that they had no interest in seeing Roe overturned. Every. Single. One. The rat ****ers lied.

Last edited:
My wife's company is rolling out benefits plans that include relocation and transportation for medical procedures that are banned in the state of the employee's residence.
It's not an ideal situation but that's fantastic initiative. Of course, it only works until a Republican majority Congress enacts federal prohibition on abortive care because they only believe in states' rights when they oppose particular legislation for which federal application is sought. And obviously I mean a BARE majority in the Senate, because the filibuster is gone the moment they can't get 60 votes.

I know I'm probably the odd man out in many cases, but the overturning of Roe v. Wade at a federal level still makes sense to me. The Constitution doesn't cover medical procedures, therefore it really should be up to the states per the 10th Amendment. Granted, I don't think government at any level has business dictating whether a medical procedure is legal or not. If you consent to a procedure and a medical professional agrees to perform it, then no rights are being violated. I know some people argue that the fetus should have rights, but until it's no longer attached to the mother's body as a means of survival, it's part of the mother.

Basically, all this decision did was allow states to implement their own authoritarian policies to further dictate people's lives. It's not surprising that Republican love this kind of stuff too because the "party of small government" really does love to interfere in people's lives as much as humanly possible.

I am curious to see what sort of effect this has on things like children in foster care, infant mortality, and back-alley abortions. If I had to guess, states that outlaw abortions will have an increase in people applying for state benefits and an uptick in kids with foster care. Looking at it solely from a financial perspective, it's going to cost more.

I do like that employers are exercising their rights to pay for and allow travel for medical procedures too. I have no doubt Republicans will attempt to intervene in this though because companies only have rights when they're bribing their sponsored Congressmen.

It's not an ideal situation but that's fantastic initiative. Of course, it only works until a Republican majority Congress enacts federal prohibition on abortive care because they only believe in states' rights when they oppose particular legislation for which federal application is sought. And obviously I mean a BARE majority in the Senate, because the filibuster is gone the moment they can't get 60 votes.

Agreed it's not ideal. They can't do it unless they have the executive as well. We're closer to the supreme court enacting a federal ban on abortion than we are congress.

Last edited:
Agreed it's not ideal. They can't do it unless they have the executive as well. We're closer to the supreme court enacting a federal ban on abortion than we are congress.
This is fair and true, though a great many of them have asserted the means to acquire the executive against the will of the people if they take the House and Senate.

Last edited:
This is fair and true, though a great many of them have asserted the means to acquire the executive against the will of the people if they take the House and Senate.

I don't think those plans are realistic, and probably even less so in response to the jan. 6th hearings.

Last edited:
I don't think those plans are realistic, and probably even less so in response to the jan. 6th hearings.
Whose response? Those hearings haven't exactly quelled dissent, even of members of Congress.

200.gif

Back