America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
Gosh, that's awkward. Trump literally just stumped for Oz in Pennsylvania.

Is it too much to ask for a completely unhinged ****fit from the fat bitch over this? I cleaned my room and ate my veggies.
I would ask how "I'd literally do the bare minimum required of me in law" qualifies as a selling point, but I guess these days it is.

I would ask how "I'd literally do the bare minimum required of me in law" qualifies as a selling point, but I guess these days it is.
Hey, laws were meant to be broken right? Checks notes sorry, RULES were meant to be broken, not laws. Apparently 90% of politicians didn't get that memo.

Aaaaand boom goes the dynamite.

More!

🔥

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group

Last edited:
Not counting the chickens before the outcome of these court cases but in retrospect perhaps it was a bit hasty of Republicans to introduce legislation designed to attack college professors who seem to be cleverer (or at least more highly educated) than they themselves seem to be.
Yeah but how could they not? The attacks are founded on grievance, not reason.

I wonder if Trump knows that HIPAA allows medical information to be taken with a warrant. Like that's exactly how law enforcement is supposed to get it.

I also really want Trump to make a post and spell it HIPPA so I can make fun of him. I mean I can make fun of him for claiming to be a perfect physical specimen, but still.

If your European and within the EU (so pretty much everyone but the UK) you just move there. That's it, it literally is a cake walk.

14% is over 1 in 10, that massive for almost any population, regardless of size.

It’s a cake walk as long as you can afford to live there. I remember a while back, reading that in order to immigrate to Sweden, you haveto provide proof of income be it a job, or pension to adequately support yourself.

From the reading I’ve done,it looks like cost of living is similar to some of the affluent states in the U.S. Similar tax schedule too.

I think the 14.3% of Sweden’s population might even be a lowball now. At least since 2015 when asylum claims started to skyrocket; which is another interesting read altogether on how that’s affected Sweden.

Condolences to all of our UK brothers and sisters for for your guy’s loss. What a remarkable woman she was 👍🏼

It’s a cake walk as long as you can afford to live there. I remember a while back, reading that in order to immigrate to Sweden, you haveto provide proof of income be it a job, or pension to adequately support yourself.
Nope, if your an EU citizen you don't need to prove income.

From the reading I’ve done,it looks like cost of living is similar to some of the affluent states in the U.S. Similar tax schedule too.
Cost of living wasn't what was being discussed.
I think the 14.3% of Sweden’s population might even be a lowball now. At least since 2015 when asylum claims started to skyrocket; which is another interesting read altogether on how that’s affected Sweden.
They didn't skyrocket, but you keep reading the right wing press.
Condolences to all of our UK brothers and sisters for for your guy’s loss. What a remarkable woman she was 👍🏼
Thanks, I'd rather we got rid of the monarchy.

Nope, if your an EU citizen you don't need to prove income.

Cost of living wasn't what was being discussed.

They didn't skyrocket, but you keep reading the right wing press.

Thanks, I'd rather we got rid of the monarchy.

According to this, you do. But you might have a better lens on this being that you live over that way.

And I wasn’t quoting right wing media. It’s all in this Wikipedia link. Namely the “effects of immigration” sub title. There’s fancy color-coded graphs and everything. It looks like asylum claims really started taking off towards the end of 2015 and only got worse.

According to this, you do. But you might have a better lens on this being that you live over that way.
An EU provision that has pretty much never been enforced in any country and you will notice it doesn't set any actual amount that's required.
And I wasn’t quoting right wing media. It’s all in this Wikipedia link. Namely the “effects of immigration” sub title. There’s fancy color-coded graphs and everything. It looks like asylum claims really started taking off towards the end of 2015 and only got worse.

The graph only has two years of data after 2015 and the latter of those shows a drop in numbers, while the graph in the mentioned section of have a single year after 2016, far to little to claim a trend from. You also seem to be conflating immigration and asylum, which are two quite different things.

An EU provision that has pretty much never been enforced in any country and you will notice it doesn't set any actual amount that's required.

The graph only has two years of data after 2015 and the latter of those shows a drop in numbers, while the graph in the mentioned section of have a single year after 2016, far to little to claim a trend from. You also seem to be conflating immigration and asylum, which are two quite different things.
The amount from what I read on a Sweden immigration website wais 13000 SEK, which translates to like $1400 usd. Doesn't seem like a lot, especially from what I've read and have been told about cost of living in Sweden. I know that much money wouldn't get someone very far in California.

I originally started reading into Sweden about 2 years ago when some pundits were equating Sweden's "asylum seeking crisis (if you want to call it that) to the one we face at our southern border. While I couldn't find a graph that showed the latest numbers - admittedly I didn't look too hard either - I would only assume that the numbers have gone up or stayed the same; considering nothing has really mellowed out in the middle east, and the whole Ukraine situation.

And yes, immigration and asylum are completely 2 different things. But for a small country like Sweden which revolves largely around citizen-generated tax revenue to make their style of government function, an influx of asylum seekers can have a big financial impact... amongst other impacts which I've read and heard about through the various media outlets and friends. Not sure what's considered the "poverty line" in Sweden, but a large influx of immigrants that come in below the poverty line, will have the same financial impact.

Anyways...

what's the latest with this whole Mar-a-lago thing? Been on vacation. Haven't really been paying attention. Seems there hasn't been much development since a "Master-whatever" was assigned on Monday? Most the stuff coming across the radio waves has pertained to the Queen, and the senate race in Pennsylvania.

The amount from what I read on a Sweden immigration website wais 13000 SEK, which translates to like $1400 usd. Doesn't seem like a lot, especially from what I've read and have been told about cost of living in Sweden. I know that much money wouldn't get someone very far in California.
Ergo the claim that it's a hard barrier to get over for EU citizens is simply not true, particularly as it's (as in most countries within the EU) not even enforced.
I originally started reading into Sweden about 2 years ago when some pundits were equating Sweden's "asylum seeking crisis (if you want to call it that) to the one we face at our southern border. While I couldn't find a graph that showed the latest numbers - admittedly I didn't look too hard either - I would only assume that the numbers have gone up or stayed the same; considering nothing has really mellowed out in the middle east, and the whole Ukraine situation.
And depending on who you heard them from, they may well be bollocks, the far right has lied its arse off using nonsense about Sweden to try and target immigration/asylum seekers for years, most of which has been discussed and debunked here. Tim 'I love Facists' Pool and Peter 'not actually Swedish, just a holocaust denying liar' Sweden being firm favorites of theirs.
And yes, immigration and asylum are completely 2 different things. But for a small country like Sweden which revolves largely around citizen-generated tax revenue to make their style of government function, an influx of asylum seekers can have a big financial impact... amongst other impacts which I've read and heard about through the various media outlets and friends. Not sure what's considered the "poverty line" in Sweden, but a large influx of immigrants that come in below the poverty line, will have the same financial impact.
And yet it remains in strong standing within the quality of life indexes (far higher than the US or UK).

Anyways...

what's the latest with this whole Mar-a-lago thing? Been on vacation. Haven't really been paying attention. Seems there hasn't been much development since a "Master-whatever" was assigned on Monday? Most the stuff coming across the radio waves has pertained to the Queen, and the senate race in Pennsylvania.
In a nutshell, Trump got his sock-puppet Judge to sign off on a Special Master ruling (a lawyer who independently checks evidence to ensure the prosecution can actually legally see it) on the basis that Trump has more authority over government documents than the actual government has (news flash, he doesn't - Nixon tried this and lost the argument spectacularly). It will lose on appeal and already has legal groups calling for her to be removed from the bench for what is one of the most partisan moves to undermine the rule of law in the US in quite a while.

Last edited:
So when it loses on appeal, how fast does Trump throw this great, beautiful judge under the bus with the rest?

Last edited:
Back