America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
lol why even post

I do follow the guy who retweeted it; he's a colleague in my industry. So I get it in my timeline:

View attachment 1199181
That's what you get for working in the same industry as Doom 3:

1665363036909.png

Last edited:
Apropo nothing, I was doing some research into pro wrestling in the southern states and came across this gem from the late 50s/early 60s:

20221010_152701.jpg

Monroe was a despised heel in Memphis simply because he fraternized with black people.

Season 7 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

I think I've officially crossed the line of being out of touch with a newer generation.

Saved you a seat, have yourself a lawn chair.

As someone with two Twitter accounts (one just for reading, the other feeling like herding tribbles with vomiting disorders...I'm inactive anyhow), it is possible to get a clean slate of information. It just depends on what they post (or repost).

Sometimes you get just the right blend of tweeters. Sometimes you get a lot of twits.

You probably follow lots of folks, so you can't really get everyone in perfect alignment without the somewhat uncomfortable feeling of being in a bubble. If you follow like 10-20 institutions you'll probably get a lot less annoyance, but a lot less entertainment.

Last edited:
Apropo nothing, I was doing some research into pro wrestling in the southern states and came across this gem from the late 50s/early 60s:

View attachment 1199299

Monroe was a despised heel in Memphis simply because he fraternized with black people.
Man, putting aside the absolute ridiculousness of getting arrested for that, the editing back in those days was terrible. Sputnik Monroe's real name was Roscoe Monroe Brumbaugh, not whoever Rock Boumbrough is.

Also, $26 is roughly $260 today, which is more than most speeding tickets. Oh, and that's one expensive hot water heater since it's roughly $900 in 2022 money. You can get a good hot water heat now for about $600.

As someone with two Twitter accounts (one just for reading, the other too much to deal with...both effectively inactive), it is possible to get a clean slate of information. It just depends on what they post (or repost).

Sometimes you get just the right blend of tweeters. Sometimes you get a lot of twits.

You probably follow lots of folks, so you can't really get everyone in perfect alignment without the somewhat uncomfortable feeling of being in a bubble. If you follow like 10-20 institutions you'll probably get a lot less annoyance, but a lot less entertainment.
I've got ten - if you include the GTPlanet Twitter!

And yes, it depends on what they repost: you are always going to see what any account you follow likes or retweets, unless you take additional steps.

You can turn off an individual account's retweets (but not likes), you can globally mute "Retweeted" (and, I assumed "Liked"), and you can install scripts and extensions to block whatever you like. I don't know what locking your account does, but even if it does achieve it, that's also an additional step.

1665413209986.png

As I said, simply following just accounts you're interested in is not in itself a solution to not seeing things you don't want to see. You need more steps, and aside from external tools, none of them completely prevent it.

Last edited:
Her statement reads like a bot who was programmed just to say random political buzzwords.

It'll be funny if/when she joins the Republican Party because the same stuff she complains about with the Democrats, the Republicans do too. I mean, does she not think the Republicans aren't elitist warmongers who radicalize every issue?

Claire McCaskill nailed Gabbard's entire brand in 2019, spitting pure fire at her fecklessness during the first Trump impeachment over extortion to smear a political opponent by withholding congressionally appropriated aid to Ukraine, a violation of federal law absent procedural requirement.

It'll be funny if/when she joins the Republican Party because the same stuff she complains about with the Democrats, the Republicans do too.
I don't see it happening. It's too easy to be a reactionary pundit guesting on and subbing for Tucker Carlson. I mean I'd love it if it did happen; the transparent platform flip would be something to savor.

Last edited:
Her statement reads like a bot who was programmed just to say random political buzzwords.

It'll be funny if/when she joins the Republican Party because the same stuff she complains about with the Democrats, the Republicans do too. I mean, does she not think the Republicans aren't elitist warmongers who radicalize every issue?
A Russian bot

She has her own “show/podcast”?

Damn, she’ll fit in well with conservatives after all for sharing what to be mad about.

Single payer healthcare, gun control, green new deal, abortion rights, universal basic income, restoring the Glass-Steagall Act - I can see why you like her!
I did essentially the same thing with ryzno. It's part of the greater conservative bitchfit. Grievance Over Policy.

And yet, this human excrement even used the live broadcast of the verdict to make more money. Pure filth.

To paraphrase the late, great Christopher Hitchens, it's a pity there's no hell for him to go to.

Though there is at least another damages claim coming too...

Last edited:
I mean OJ didn't have 40 million dollars, and he didn't even do it!

The whole system is clearly corrupt and needs to be corrected right after Biden is sued for the entire national debt by the state of Texas.

Alex Jones in the near future.

Season 4 Episode 6 GIF by The Office

Honestly, couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
The moron once again tried to say he was gonna declare bankruptcy on his show to get out of it & they played it for the court, tmu.

My only question is, is there a cap in place that will significantly lower the amount he has to pay or does Connecticut make him pay the full amount?

My only question is, is there a cap in place that will significantly lower the amount he has to pay or does Connecticut make him pay the full amount?
Short answer: Yes, caps on punitive damages implemented through tort reform do apply in Connecticut.

Somewhat longer answer to be taken with a grain of salt as it's based on my own understanding:

Connecticut, where the current trial is being held, has also enacted tort reform (again, lots of states have)--it's actually among the most strict in the country. I'm not aware that there's a cap on economic compensatory damages, but that's rooted in how plaintiffs can reasonably have been financially impacted. Punitive damages, however, are capped at attorneys' fees and overall cost of having the suit adjudicated.

Also at play in Connecticut is an unfair and deceptive business practices law that plaintiffs argue applies to their case because Jones' business relevant to the suit is speech itself by virtue of him having benefitted financially by his deceptive, defamatory speech. Tort reform explicitly doesn't apply to suits brought under this law.
Edit:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back