America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
Okay, I'll rephrase my question.

If Jones declares bankruptcy would he be liable for a criminal trial? He deserves to see the inside of a jail cell for what he and the dicks who follow him put those grieving parents through.

Last edited:
If Jones declares bankruptcy would he be liable for a criminal trial? He deserves to see the insode of a jail cell for what he and the dicks who follow him put those grieving parents through.
In order to be criminally liable for a brankruptcy filing, he'd need to have defrauded an institution or the government. Filing for bankruptcy isn't inherently a fraudulent act, even if one seems to be solvent. A bankruptcy claim may be rejected just as easily as it may be filed.

A fraudulent act in the context of a bankruptcy filing would be something like concealment of assets or filing functionally identical claims in multiple jurisdictions.

Oh No High Quality GIF

I want to believe this huge settlement will dissuade others who lie for profit to change their ways. I don't believe it will (because this is about cult worship), but I can hope.

lol. lmao.

Reminder that the Barr-led DOJ released the heavily redacted Mueller report 23 months and countless protestations from Republicans after Mueller was appointed.

The Durham investigation is now 41 months in. That's a difference of a year and a half and Republicans are quiet as mice because it's nothing more than a grievance play.

Last edited:
So this is about it for Durham. 3.5 years, five (?) indictments total, one guilty plea not pursuant to the thrust of the investigation (I believe it was a federal lawyer who added content to an email record without following relevant procedure) resulting in a probation sentence, two trials ending in acquittals and a lengthy grievance narrative on the official record.

I kinda want to feel bad for Biden not having anyone to pardon from this like Trump did from the Mueller investigation.

Some very differing takes on this one, from "armed UN intervention to tackle gangs protesting the government and blocking ports" to "armed intervention to put down people's revolt against US-backed puppet government". Either way, not a lot of reporting on it.

Last edited:
SCOTUS has denied an application for emergency* injunctive relief against Biden Administration student loan forgiveness. Those radical leftist appointees are destroying the countr--oh, it was J. Amy Coney Barrett.

The Trump bitchfit on Truth Social is going to be fun. DEEP STATE!!!

*Edit to add.

Speaking of Trump bitchfits...

Remember when Trumpers here on GTPlanet would attempt to shut down criticism of their bronzer daddy by attacking critics instead of addressing criticism? What was their preferred pejorative?

Right. "Trump Derangement Syndrome." Alleging mental defect on the part of those critical of Trump rather than arguing against criticism rationally.

Funny enough, the ****bag pundit that coined the pejorative had done so well before Trump made a sincere run at political office, first giving us "Bush Derangement Syndrome" during the younger Bush's administration. Alas, it didn't take off. Populism, widespread social media use and the general ****tiness of Trumpers sort of guaranteed the second iteration's success.

But the Trumpers have all but completely noped the **** out of here. Oh well.

Last edited:
Funny enough, the ****bag pundit that coined the pejorative had done so well before Trump made a sincere run at political office, first giving us "Bush Derangement Syndrome" during the younger Bush's administration. Alas, it didn't take off. Populism, widespread social media use and the general ****tiness of Trumpers sort of guaranteed the second iteration's success.
Krauthammer. To be fair, liberals coined the phrase ODS in response but I don't think they use it as a go-to phrase despite many examples arguably being in evidence during and long since the tenure of your forty-fourth president. Besides, "Baracknophobia" (© Jon Stewart) is a much catchier title.

Last edited:
Back