America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
ron swanson laughing GIF

Zuckerberg's piddling away all of Facebook's money on his virtual playground, Elon's burning down Twitter to mold its ashes in his own image, YouTube is chasing away its largest content creators to try and be a second rate pay-for TV network. Public facing social media as a whole is collapsing under the hubris of its owners who think they can dictate how society interacts with it.

It's no surprise that more privatized channels like Discord, Telegram and WhatsApp have been on such a rise the last year or so (nor is it susprising that the amount of attempted scams targeting the same has increased exponentially as well).

Given my use of Twitter was pretty much zero, I took delight in deactivating my account and deleting the app.

I had an old twitter account that I didn't really use. But I'm with you that today was a good day to deactivate the account and remove the app from my phone.

Last edited:
Given my use of Twitter was pretty much zero, I took delight in deactivating my account and deleting the app.
Thank you for the reminder. Just deactivated my account too. I also didn’t use it much.

Finally we're gonna see a counter balance in the social media arena, the left has been pulling a 1984's Ministry of Truth consistently for the last few years.
Transparency and debate are the pillars of any free nation, anybody who claims to be anti fascist but is a cheerleader for censorship and is allergic to debate, is an actual fascist in disguise.
We need more Elons in this world.

Finally we're gonna see a counter balance in the social media arena, the left has been pulling a 1984's Ministry of Truth consistently for the last few years.
Transparency and debate are the pillars of any free nation, anybody who claims to be anti fascist but is a cheerleader for censorship and is allergic to debate, is an actual fascist in disguise.
You don't have a clue what you're on about.

You don't have a clue what you're on about
I think you might just be projecting a little bit :)

No, it's robots in disguise.
Or NPCs I guess? I've heard the term before and it's actually scary how many are out there, I watched the movie Idiocracy many years ago and thought things were going that way just didn't expect it to happen so soon.
In essence fascists are kind of robots, judging by how easy they are to manipulate into doing the most horrible things recorded in History. All that is needed is a handheld Joseph Goebbels these days!

Last edited:
I think you'll find it is deliberate and shameless liars like Trump ('Truth Social' anyone?) who are really the ones who are anti-debate and anti-transparency, and it is left to decent, honest people on both the right and the left to pick up the pieces of the tsunami of misinformation... and it's a losing battle sadly. The sheer weight of monumental idiocy and misinformation online is the biggest threat to freedom, democracy and the actual truth - and that suits actual fascists very well, but poses a massive threat to the rest of us.

Last edited:

First of all, Twitter is not the government, so if they want to "censor", they can. It's their free speech. Second, Elon is all about "censorship" when it suits him, including outright firing employees when they don't say what he likes.

GTPlanet has similar policies that twitter used to when it came to acceptable use of the forum. That is GTPlanet's discretion, because this site is not government-owned. Claiming that GTPlanet must allow any and all posts is actually a violation of the principles of free speech. And so it is with Twitter.

Or, to put it more succinctly, you don't have a clue what you're on about.

Last edited:
First of all, Twitter is not the government, so if they want to "censor", they can. It's their free speech. Second, Elon is all about "censorship" when it suits him, including outright firing employees when they don't say what he likes.

GTPlanet has similar policies that twitter used to when it came to acceptable use of the forum. That is GTPlanet's discretion, because this site is not government-owned. Claiming that GTPlanet must allow any and all posts is actually a violation of the principles of free speech. And so it is with Twitter.

Town square reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I think you might just be projecting a little bit :)

Or NPCs I guess? I've heard the term before and it's actually scary how many are out there, I watched the movie Idiocracy many years ago and thought things were going that way just didn't expect it to happen so soon.
In essence fascists are kind of robots, judging by how easy they are to manipulate into doing the most horrible things recorded in History. All that is needed is a handheld Joseph Goebbels these days!
Says the person whose said an actual facist talked 'some common sense'!

Last edited:

Yep thanks for reassuring me, censorship is freedom and war is peace!
Sorry but I'm too strong for your weak attempt at brainwashing.

Just because somebody owns the place doesn't make their wrong actions right. And you should know better than to "conceal" threats in a reply to compensate your shortcomings at a thing called debate. "No U" doesn't count as a counter argument either, that's the category your "you don't have a clue what you're on about." falls on.
Says the person whose said an actual facist talked 'some common sense'!

Maybe he did talk some common sense, dunno what you're referring to at this point, but obviously far right, far left or whatever doesn't mean they can't be right sometimes and use some common sense, or does it? rhetorical question.

Last edited:
Maybe he did talk some common sense, dunno what you're referring to at this point, but obviously far right, far left or whatever doesn't mean they can't be right sometimes and use some common sense, or does it? rhetorical question.
Do share Trump's common sense moments with us.

Back