America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
Because music, dancing and titties are the worst things that a social media platform could be doing? I like all those things.
There's a lot of cringe on TikTok. I avoid it unless someone sends me something, which is usually disappointing.

There's a lot of cringe on TikTok. I avoid it unless someone sends me something, which is usually disappointing.
But it has a fake laugh track on! How can it possibly not be funny?! Ha ha. Ha.

Last edited:
Digging up stories from 5 months ago now are we? 🤣

The salty tears continue to be oh so sweet. The hate is astounding. And hilarious.
With all due respect, how do you square the fact that you are a Bernie supporter yet also a huge Elon Musk fan worshipper? The former pledges to crack down on the hyper-wealthy's gluttony and corporate greed while the latter is literally the textbook definition of that. The cognitive dissonance must be astounding.

With all due respect, how do you square the fact that you are a Bernie supporter yet also a huge Elon Musk fan worshipper? The former pledges to crack down on the hyper-wealthy's gluttony and corporate greed while the latter is literally the textbook definition of that. The cognitive dissonance must be astounding.
Who said I was still a Bernie supporter?

I guess that's one way to solve the paradox. Slightly interesting that of the two you chose to keep the hyper-capitalist corporate overlord, but not surprising. **** the poors, amirite?
I don't follow Elon for his political beliefs. I hate anything to do with politics and avoid it like the plague. So I couldn't care less about his stance on anything regarding that. I'm in for the funnies and the space stuff. People can assume whatever they want about me, doesn't make any of it true. And you know what they say about assumptions.

Posting funny stuff and answering geeky space questions, just like I said in my previous post that you seemed to miss.
I see. So it turns out that he actually bought twitter. I guess you hadn't seen the headlines. He's not just posting geeky space questions, he bought the company. The reason he bought the company was, and I hesitate to mention this because I know how sensitive you are about this subject, the reason he bought the company was... political. See, that's what this conversation is about. It's not actually about the geeky space posts or anything like that, it's about his politically-motivated takeover of twitter.

Last edited:
Musk basically went for the ultimate "I want to speak to your manager" when he bought Twitter because they made policies he didn't like (mostly along the lines of banning people he does like because they couldn't follow simple rules).
Karlon Musk
Posting funny stuff and answering geeky space questions, just like I said in my previous post that you seemed to miss.
He posted conspiracy theory drivel yesterday. Apparently, you missed that.

I am well aware. And don't really care.
Why are you interjecting in it then? If you don't care, buzz off. The rest of us do.
If you say so.
I mean... it's literally what's being discussed. You're acting like you can just declare that you don't care and the rest of us should stop caring somehow. We're literally here to discuss the things we care about. Apparently you're here to tell us to stop because you're disinterested*.

*I suspect it's disingenuous disinterest, but that's for another conversation.

I hesitate to mention this because I know how sensitive you are about this subject
Distasteful as it is, I enjoy greatly @R1600Turbo making clear how they just ache to give their pasty tech daddy a sucky.
He posted conspiracy theory drivel yesterday.
And then deleted it. A masterclass in courage and conviction.

Last edited:
Why are you interjecting in it then? If you don't care, buzz off. The rest of us do.

I mean... it's literally what's being discussed. You're acting like you can just declare that you don't care and the rest of us should stop caring somehow. We're literally here to discuss the things we care about. Apparently you're here to tell us to stop because you're disinterested*.

I was asked some questions and I answered. You butted in with your nonsense. How about you buzz off?

Apparently you're here to tell us to stop because you're disinterested*.

Uninterested. Disinterested means impartial which is clearly not the case here.

Musk's $20 blue tick plan - clearly carefully considered by the man now solely in charge of the site - lasted exactly as long as it took for a famous person he appears to like to say "yeah screw that noise":

1667317727225.png

... and now he's directly negotiating the price with an individual user.

Fun fact: Twitter can't rely on advertising because a whole bunch of car companies now won't advertise on a platform owned by a rival, and a load of other advertisers took one look at that right-wing conspiracy screed he posted to Hillary Clinton about Paul Pelosi and noped the crap out of town.

Musk's $20 blue tick plan - clearly carefully considered by the man now solely in charge of the site - lasted exactly as long as it took for a famous person he appears to like to say "yeah screw that noise":

View attachment 1205074

Fun fact: Twitter can't rely on advertising because a whole bunch of car companies now won't advertise on a platform owned by a rival, and a load of other advertisers took one look at that right-wing conspiracy screed he posted to Hillary Clinton about Paul Pelosi and noped the crap out of town.
Why do I have a feeling that Musk's takeover of Twitter will be no different than the fate suffered by Toy's R Us when it was saddled with debt from the leverged buyout?

View attachment 1205074

Stephen King does have a point too. Big name content providers generally get paid on the platforms they use. Youtube and Twitch pay content providers. Instagram and Twitter don't, but it does seem like a tenuous relationship.

View attachment 1205074

How much do you think the likes of the Mercer family will pay to use Twitter as Cambridge Analytica 2.0?

Back