America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,756 comments
By all means, don't let facts get in the way of your asinine takes. That's kind of how this thing works. If you disagree with someone, you come with sources.
Sorry, it was Joey D this time.
See, I got called asinine when I haven't even posted my reasoning for wanting to move yet.
Where's the race card?
Your brethren would be disappointed for you not having pulled it yet.

Doubt it
No matter what I reply with, TexRex would go do a bunch of research to refute my opinion with obscure stats, in order to portray me as idiotic, while propping himself up as an intellectual. :rolleyes:
ron swanson laughing GIF

Sorry, it was Joey D this time.
See, I got called asinine when I haven't even posted my reasoning for wanting to move yet.
Where's the race card?
Your brethren would be disappointed for you not having pulled it yet.
Nah, your takes are asinine. I don't know you so I can't really comment on what you're like as a person, only on what you are as a poster. I was more so calling you out for saying facts were going to make you look stupid. If facts make you look stupid chances are you're probably on some real bull 🤬.

But I don't care if you move or why you want to move, if you have the money do whatever makes you happy. And race card? Damn, I'm fresh out of those, I think they got stuck at the printers over the holidays.

Doubt it
No matter what I reply with, TexRex would go do a bunch of research to refute my opinion with obscure stats, in order to portray me as idiotic, while propping himself up as an intellectual. :rolleyes:
I don't get this.

We're all individuals - there is no "hive mind" and I was curious as someone I know from online moved from california to florida.... but they're pretty conservative so I'm wondering what the push factor is from living in california.

EDIT: Like, I could give a reason for wanting to move out of London is that the ulez means I'll never get to drive an rx-7 without paying stupid money. I don't blame the mayor since people's health has to be prioritised but I can see why someone might move because of it.

Last edited:
I don't get this.

We're all individuals - there is no "hive mind" and I was curious as someone I know from online moved from california to florida.... but they're pretty conservative so I'm wondering what the push factor is from living in california.
Some people think this entire forum is a liberal conspiracy or something (probably called GTPAnon) when most of the frequent posters aren't even remotely liberal.

Some people think this entire forum is a liberal conspiracy or something (probably called GTPAnon) when most of the frequent posters aren't even remotely liberal.
I mean I'm a liberal but I'm not "left" or "progressive." It seems to me that the same applies to you. Liberalism is distinct from the pejorative bandied about by conservatives.

I don't oppose things like universal healthcare, UBI, student loan forgiveness, minimum wage and reparations in spite of my being a liberal but because I am one.

Last edited:
You think everything is just what you see in select news. My Grandma lives in Tampa and my Dad lives in Fort Myers. Both places are absolutely wonderful as well as many other places in the state. I enjoy every time I go to se them and nothing could be further than all the one offs you see in the news.
Florida is an absolute swamp of moisture, disease, and languages I can't understand. One step above the Louisiana bayou. The suburbs are sprawled, the people are lawless, and the security from natural disaster is precarious at best. Did I mention it's soggy and miserable 85% of the year? I spend a heckuva lot of time in Florida for work and there isn't much about it I can tolerate. Even the air traffic control sucks in Florida because they can't get people to move there no matter how much they pay them.

I'm also not sure why this is non-sense. Chinese businesses have no place in Michigan, especially Chinese automakers. The people didn't like it so they booted the corrupt politicians who happened to be Republican.
We've got a Chinese auto glass factory in Dayton, Fuyao. Originally promoted by local Republican politicians of course because they'll do anything to offer "jobs" to former auto workers. To be fair, the area needed the industry badly. What we didn't need was a Chinese company blatantly trying to skirt American safety and labor regs. That went on for a couple years before a crackdown. It's still operating and I haven't heard a peep since then.

Last edited:
Just gonna slide right on by being called out for saying something aggresively stupid. I'm shocked.

You're pathetic if you think that paying back a loan that you agreed to is not compulsory.
Good luck getting anywhere with that attitude.
A degenerate gets no respect.
Cries about being called a name, does the same.

There's a difference between paying back a loan & an industry that preys on young adults trying to get an education by tying them to a debt they're stuck to for the rest of their lives b/c of predatory rates.

But I'm debt free with my own property, yet I still champion the ease for others to get by. Only one of us is a degenerate here.

You're pathetic if you think that paying back a loan that you agreed to is not compulsory.
Good luck getting anywhere with that attitude.
A degenerate gets no respect.
I hope you have that same opinion about your fellow GOP'ers.

There's a difference between paying back a loan & an industry that preys on young adults trying to get an education by tying them to a debt they're stuck to for the rest of their lives b/c of predatory rates.
Wrong
That's regret for getting a bachelor's degree in something stupid like philosophy, or eastern religion, which will never pay your bills.
Do you know how many people have to dig themselves out of a hole for making bad decisions?

Your position on student loan forgiveness is indefensible.
The rates are disclosed when they sign. The terms don't change just because you change your mind.

Try telling your bank you changed your mind on the loan for the Chevy Tahoe that you agreed to pay $85k for.
I'm talking about the real world. Gimme my free stuff doesn't work.

Wrong
That's regret for getting a bachelor's degree in something stupid like philosophy, or eastern religion, which will never pay your bills.
Do you know how many people have to dig themselves out of a hole for making bad decisions?
This the old Conservative, "Your degree is worthless b/c I'm actually too stupid to understand it myself" trope. I'm not surprised you flopped right into it.
Your position on student loan forgiveness is indefensible.
The rates are disclosed when they sign. The terms don't change just because you change your mind.
If only it was that black & white.

This is going to be above your grade, but others can benefit from reading.
Try telling your bank you changed your mind on the loan for the Chevy Tahoe that you agreed to pay $85k for.
I'm talking about the real world. Gimme my free stuff doesn't work.
Lmao, worked in the dealer industry for 10 years.

I know exactly what financing rates look like. Big difference even though there's predatory dealers/finance companies as well.

This the old Conservative, "Your degree is worthless b/c I'm actually too stupid to understand it myself" trope. I'm not surprised you flopped right into it.

If only it was that black & white.

This is going to be above your grade, but others can benefit from reading.

Lmao, worked in the dealer industry for 10 years.

I know exactly what financing rates look like. Big difference even though there's predatory dealers/finance companies as well.
You're barking up the wrong tree.
I worked at car dealerships for 20 years, and I was a finance manager.

If you walk out of a car dealership thinking you got screwed, it's nobody's fault but you own.
You can refuse to sign a contract you don't agree with, or get up and walk out at any time.

The lender makes an offer, and you can either accept, or decline.
Once you accept, it's your obligation to make the payments. That's called integrity.

Last edited:
You're barking up the wrong tree.
I worked at car dealerships for 20 years, and I was a finance manager.

If you walk out of a car dealership thinking you got screwed, it's nobody's fault but you own.
You can refuse to sign a contract you don't agree with, or get up and walk out at any time.

The lender makes an offer, and you can either accept, or decline.
Once you accept, it's your obligation to make the payments. That's called integrity.
If you worked that long in the industry, you know full well it's not that straight forward. Finance directors will constantly push sales to convince people what they're getting is a good deal.

You're a great representation of why dealers are not trusted.

If you worked that long in the industry, you know full well it's not that straight forward. Finance directors will constantly push sales to convince people what they're getting is a good deal.

You're a great representation of why dealers are not trusted.
Yeah, that's great.
And you represent the people who's car's get repossessed.

They are not responsible for their decisions.

Like I said, your position is indefensible. Can we end it here?

Yeah, that's great.
And you represent the people who's car's get repossessed.
Lmao, my position is to advise clients to not sign contracts they can't afford b/c I don't push products & look for something cheaper to fit their needs. You know, that "integrity" high horse you need bucked off of.
Like I said, your position is indefensible. Can we end it here?
My position is something you keep making up b/c you're purposely oblivious to the topic, likely having took part in it. If you want to end it, do what you always do.

Running back to the GT7 forum when you realize there's too much information & "stats" for you to comprehend to the point you're just getting clowned on. Because you are clearly incapable of actually discussing anything as evident by the point @HenrySwanson asked you a genuine question & you punk'd yourself out of answering it.

Lmao, my position is to advise clients to not sign contracts they can't afford b/c I don't push products & look for something cheaper to fit their needs
Oh, really? And then what happens after they sign it? Are they obligated, or not?

Oh, really? And then what happens after they sign it? Are they obligated, or not?
Lol, again, you think it's ultimately black & white and don't want to address factors leading to it.

My position is being up front & honest. Clearly, you operate in the way listed below.
Predatory lending is any type of abusive, unfair or deceptive practice employed by lenders to push borrowers into taking high-cost, high-risk credit products.

Last edited:
Lol, again, you think it's ultimately black & white and don't want to address factors leading to it.

My position is being up front & honest. Clearly, you operate in the way listed below.
Okay, so no answer? ;)
It doesn't matter. Everybody knows the answer.

Okay, so no answer? ;)
It doesn't matter. Everybody knows the answer.
It's not a yes or no answer, genius. If you mislead someone into a contract, there is a possibility for it to be rescinded. 20 years in the industry and you don't know this?
Fraudulent misrepresentation can be defined as any type of false statement or lie that is used to trick an individual into an agreement. The misrepresentation may occur in many ways, including:

• Written words;
  • Spoken words;
  • Gestures or body motions, such as a nod, and
  • Through silence or inaction.

Fraudulent misrepresentation is often raised in connection with contract law issues. An example of fraudulent misrepresentation occurs when a party purposefully makes a statement which is false to the other party for the purpose of inducing them into signing the contract.

For example, if an automobile dealer lies regarding the accident history of a used vehicle in order to get an individual to sign a purchase contract, then it may be considered fraudulent misrepresentation.

You sucked at your job if you think just because someone signed a contract, they are automatically obligated to pay it without any form of an appeal.

Last edited:
"I worked in the dealer industry for 10 years."
"Oh yeah? Well I worked in the dealer industry for, uh... 20 years!"

My dad can beat your dad vibes.

Back