America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
It's going back a month but the Benjaman Kyle case has been solved.

For those who don't know, he was found sunburnt and left for dead in Georgia in 2004 and upon recovery in hospital he had completely forgotten his identity and almost everything about his life. He's spent the next 7 years homeless and the last 4 working as a dishwasher in Florida.

He is the only American citizen ever officially listed as missing despite his whereabouts being known. It's a story I'd always found interesting and it's nice to know that he has found out at last.

This local case (Illinois) has been interesting from the get go.....Sept. 1st a Fox Lake police officer is found dead, shot twice and last call from him, he stated he was in pursuit of 3 males, 2 white, one black.......weeks following the death, a massive manhunt ensued, turning up no nothing....until now!
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/04/us/fox-lake-illinois-police-officer-joe-gliniewicz/

Sad that somebody who was supposed to enforce law turned out to be a criminal. Not unusual in itself but pretty tragic all round. It's hard to feel sorry for him but I do feel sorry for his family.

Sad that somebody who was supposed to enforce law turned out to be a criminal. Not unusual in itself but pretty tragic all round. It's hard to feel sorry for him but I do feel sorry for his family.
The wife and a son were in on it with him.

Yeah its going to get interesting with further investigating.

The 100 club is asking for the money back, first time in its history.

Wolf in sheep's clothing they say.....

We have many here in Illinois who slither around.:embarrassed:

40 years ago today, the SS Edmund Fitzgerald was lost to the waters of Lake Superior. A salute to the crew and their families, and to the rest who have lost their lives as they braved the dangers of the Great Lakes. ;_;7
12239477_10153834289780530_2441544274394757629_n.jpg

This broke this morning, and could be related to the Paris attacks.

Obama transfers 5 Club GITMO prisoners (all five are Yemeni) to the Eremites after 13 years of captivity. With this release, the number of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay now stands at 107, and Obama has released more than half of Gitmo prisoners since he took office.

http://www.usnews.com/news/world/ar...-yemeni-prisoners-freed-by-us-from-guantanamo

The whole movement reminds me of the Occupy protests from a few years ago. It's a bunch of people who are outraged but don't really understand why nor are they able to provide any real solutions. They also don't seem willing to confront the issues that seemingly should take the bulk of their attention and instead just try to find a scape goat (white people/rich people).

#BlackLivesMatter protest turns ugly (not necessarily violent) at Dartmouth. Racial slurs were allegedly said by the largely black crowd along with this usual gem, "If we can't have it, shut it down."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ite-students-relentlessly-f-your-white-tears/

If those reports are true then it's another sensible organisation for progress infiltrated by hate-loving nutters. Black people can be arseholes too, you know, things like this are a breeding ground for arseholes. Still, if there's an "If we can't have it" statement then somebody, somewhere should be asking "why can't they"? The difficulty with situations like the one in Missouri is that there's too much emotional spin on either side to really see the core truth, I think.

The #BlackLivesMatter movement just needs to die.

Wow, just wow. That's a pretty sweeping generalisation. I think #WhitePeopleAreAlsoPeopleWhoMatterEtcEtc* should die too on the basis of people like David Icke and the Ku Klux Klan.

*Obviously made up for illustration purposes

Last edited:
Wow, just wow. That's a pretty sweeping generalisation.

It's true though. Currently is degraded into a bunch of people running around being inconsiderate, not really pushing any actual change while at the same time causing the problem they are supposedly fighting to only become worse. What either needs to happen is a major overhaul of the current movement with actual leadership and clear goals or a new movement needs to sprout that has those things. As it stands I don't see the BLM movement having any more effect than the Occupy movement did.

IMO your movement is on it's last legs the moment it resorts to the same tactics it's trying to eliminate on the other side of the coin. Hard to have much credibility crying racism whilst shouting racial epithets yourself.

IMO your movement is finished the moment it resorts to the same tactics it's trying to eliminate on the other side of the coin. Hard to get have much credibility crying racism whilst shouting racial epithets yourself.
Whoa, that's got some personal attack ring to it...

Sounded to me like he wants to separate himself from it, and you still point the finger..

Back