America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
Wikipedia has a long article on the constitutional rights of whistleblowers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistleblower_protection_in_the_United_States

Even so, my overwhelming impression is that whistleblowers are strongly suppressed and abused by the current administration for unsurprising political and ideological reasons. Probably always has been and probably always will be. We're "lucky" when we get the rare glimpse of the ugliest truths of our lives, our current civilization and its history.

Wikipedia has a long article on the constitutional rights of whistleblowers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistleblower_protection_in_the_United_States

Even so, my overwhelming impression is that whistleblowers are strongly suppressed and abused by the current administration for unsurprising political and ideological reasons. Probably always has been and probably always will be. We're "lucky" when we get the rare glimpse of the ugliest truths of our lives, our current civilization and its history.
That's not just an impression:
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015...ime-of-all-prior-u-s-presidents-combined.html
Even the Huffington Post says so.

Loretta Lynch, on her way out the door, takes another huge bite out of the Fourth
Amendment:
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017...and-parting-shot-at-personal-freedom.amp.html

Protestors damaging a Starbucks. Hilarious. Not only is Starbucks from a Democratic state that Trump lost, but the CEO backed Hillary during the election. :lol:
The people responsible for damaging the Starbucks are likely not representative of the greater bulk of the protestors, though even knowing that doesn't keep morons from pushing the narrative of "All protestors are criminals." or bad.

It's easy to be ignorant of outside ideas when people are coddled by their social and personal communities.

The people responsible for damaging the Starbucks are likely not representative of the greater bulk of the protestors, though even knowing that doesn't keep morons from pushing the narrative of "All protestors are criminals." or bad.

It's easy to be ignorant of outside ideas when people are coddled by their social and personal communities.
It doesn't change a thing; if you're going to be upset over the election, it's best not to go around attacking a company that sides with you.

Ignorance is no excuse.

Protestors damaging a Starbucks. Hilarious. Not only is Starbucks from a Democratic state that Trump lost, but the CEO backed Hillary during the election. :lol:

Many people here don't like Schultz because he sold our former Basketball Team, The Super Sonics to Clay Bennett, who moved them to Oklahoma and they became The OKC Thunder. About two years ago I volunteered at a Auction/Fundraiser/Dinner that benefits homeless teens. It was sponsored by Starbucks. When I got there, they had me put on this Green Starbucks Apron and be a doorman to let people in. I had a few people roll their eyes at me when they saw the apron making comments like "I will never support Starbucks again", because they were pissed about losing the Sonics. It was an interesting experience.

I personally would rather go to a mom and pop Espresso stand than go to a Starbucks, mainly because I don't like the taste of their coffee, not for political reasons.

But the main point of this post is to point out that Washington State is only considered Democratic because of King and Snohomish Counties. Basically the rest of the state is held hostage because of those two counties. The other blue counties have much smaller populations and don't have the same electoral power as King and Snohomish counties. It' really not nearly as democratic as people think.

WAmap__1_.jpg

*sigh*

Is this thread really going to become the dumping ground for the decidedly not-clever "lol at the triggered snowflakes" tripe that took over the election thread?

Surely we're capable of talking about actual issues instead of just sitting around congratulating ourselves for being a bunch of geniuses?

No no, it's perfect for the America thread. Americans seem incapable of actually discussing issues these days - instead preferring to treat the whole thing more like a sports game where you're devastated that the players wearing one color beat the players wearing the other color (even though several of the players wearing the other color were wearing the first color last year, and vice versa). I find it fascinating that as the republicans and the democrats start to meld into an almost indistinguishable blend of the same nonsense, we seem to be getting more and more divided over what little real differences are left.

All of that being said, I really don't want to see the Patriots win, so go Steelers!

Edit:

Just to hammer this point home a little more. Trump said he wants to raise taxes on the wealthy, but less than Hillary. He actually contributed to one of Hillary's campaigns back in the day. The democrats are all in favor of trade protection and artificially inflated wages, but Trump says he'll do more of that.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YEAH THEY TOTALLY DELETED EVERYTHING!!!

They deleted it all right on over to obamawhitehouse.gov.

:rolleyes:

There's also this on Trump's site.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/america-first-energy

Lastly, our need for energy must go hand-in-hand with responsible stewardship of the environment. Protecting clean air and clean water, conserving our natural habitats, and preserving our natural reserves and resources will remain a high priority. President Trump will refocus the EPA on its essential mission of protecting our air and water.

All of that being said, I really don't want to see the Patriots win, so go Steelers!

Being from Seattle, I don't like either of them for obvious reasons, if Atlanta wins I'll root for them, if they don't, then I could care less about GB playing the Patriots in the SB; I'll just watch it as a spectator, nothing more.

*sigh*

Is this thread really going to become the dumping ground for the decidedly not-clever "lol at the triggered snowflakes" tripe that took over the election thread?

Surely we're capable of talking about actual issues instead of just sitting around congratulating ourselves for being a bunch of geniuses?
You don't like, you don't click.

Back