America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
whatever happened to voting for people that align with your beliefs?
That's how we got into this mess. It used to be that you considered each of the candidates on merit and their ability to meet the needs of the people both now and in the future. Now, people just blindly vote for a candidate based on the party they represent regardless of their policies.

That's how we got into this mess. It used to be that you considered each of the candidates on merit and their ability to meet the needs of the people both now and in the future. Now, people just blindly vote for a candidate based on the party they represent regardless of their policies.
It's now gone some way down the path away from functioning democracy toward partisan obstructionism, active resistance and even criminal acts including violence. Liberals may be in the process of arming and training themselves in order to match up better with citizenry already keeping arms and taking training.

Liberals may be in the process of arming and training themselves in order to match up better with citizenry already keeping arms and taking training.

So the second amendment is going the way of the first? "You can have guns so long as you agree with me" to accompany "you can say anything you want so long as I agree with it"?

Will colleges and universities become liberal armories?

But isn't Mexico paying..........................................................................................................................

Supposedly it is through that wonderful thing called "20% import tax on Mexican goods" which totally won't be passed on to consumers via an increase in retail price.

No-one is ever going to see that one coming.

Supposedly it is through that wonderful thing called "20% import tax on Mexican goods" which totally won't be passed on to consumers via an increase in retail price.

No-one is ever going to see that one coming.

Don't you see though? That results in more Americans employed. Employment will be at 120%. Trade is obviously a very bad thing, which is why none of us should trade with anyone. Optimally we all make everything we ever need. Want a computer? Better learn how to fabricate semiconductors. Want some food? You'll need to learn to farm. This will be better because you'll be working your rear end off nonstop, nobody will be unemployed.

Yep, they called Trump's popular vote loss pretty accurately. Too bad they didn't see Trump's advantage of 80k voters across Pennsylvania, Wisconsin & Michigan.

DK
Yep, they called Trump's popular vote loss pretty accurately. Too bad they didn't see Trump's advantage of 80k voters across Pennsylvania, Wisconsin & Michigan.
Yep, but they had their predictions of the states he won waaayy off. It was yyyuuugggee. ;)

Last edited:
stretcharmstrong.jpg

Whatever the current public opinion is, if Trump's tax reforms make it through congress and into law, the resulting boom will push his poll numbers though the roof and he will win in a landslide, much like Reagan did in 1984.

I remember life under Carter, it was much the same as it was under Obama, except Obama never told us to put on a sweater. Reagan was a game changer back then, and Trump is following in his foot steps.

The big difference I see now is how totally bias press has become. But even the press will not be able to ignore the economic growth that will happen under Trump's proposed tax cuts.

Wall Street knows, just look at what has happened to the stock market since November 8, 2016.

BTW, If I owned stock, I would be selling. It seems way over valued. A crash is a commin'.

Wall Street knows, just look at what has happened to the stock market since November 8, 2016.

BTW, If I owned stock, I would be selling. It seems way over valued. A crash is a commin'.
Does that mean stock has gone up but you don't think the value is real?

Does that mean stock has gone up but you don't think the value is real?
The stocks have gone way up. I think it is because of over optimism for the new Trump administration. I would sell and wait for a correction. I think one is coming.

Latest Posts

Back