America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,758 comments
Well, for one thing, the perpetrator managed to gain access to the building, in spite of being previously fired (or leaving) due to sexual harassment complaints.
No, but you'd think they'd be suspicious of him, considering the issues he had while employed.

He worked there for 6 months from Aug. 2014 to Feb. 2015. Given the short time he was employed there and the time since his departure I doubt he was on anyone's watch list.

After claiming that millions of people voted illegally back in January, Trump is now attacking the states who are refusing to turn over personal information about registered voters. The states say that it's unnecessary and a violation of privacy; Trump replied with his suspicions that those states have something to hide.

Well, for one thing, the perpetrator managed to gain access to the building, in spite of being previously fired (or leaving) due to sexual harassment complaints.

It's really easy to get into a hospital and walk around, especially if you're in a lab coat. When I worked IT in the hospital I wore black scrubs and no one ever questioned me when I went anywhere, even if I'd forgotten my ID badge at my desk. Wearing a white lab coat would probably work similar since people would just assume you're a doctor.

Stuff like this is surprisingly common place in a hospital, not with doctors, but patients and family members try stuff like this frequently enough for it to be concerning. In the 3 years I was in the hospital every day, I can remember at least 10 different times there was a security breach because someone had a weapon or were attempting to assault a nurse or doctor.

Where the heck do y'all live?
Our main hospitals are as secure as a jail above the first floor.

Where the heck do y'all live?
Our main hospitals are as secure as a jail above the first floor.
In ours, keeping the drugs locked in a cupboard seems to be enough to prevent the general public running wild through the wards on a daily basis.

I do service work in all three local hospitals and I can wander in and out as I please in pretty much all areas of the hospital except the psych wards and the labs. In all three I enter through unlocked service doors in the rear and normally I've texted the staff to meet me somewhere. Sometimes I can't find them so I just go searching for the problem myself. The only "security" is usually a desk at the main entrance and only at one of the hospitals do you need to go past a locked door to get in. The other two you just wander in. Once you are in though, no one stops you from wandering through most of the hospital. I would assume the drugs are locked up somewhere but I've never run across and of the dispensaries.

I do service work in all three local hospitals and I can wander in and out as I please in pretty much all areas of the hospital except the psych wards and the labs. In all three I enter through unlocked service doors in the rear and normally I've texted the staff to meet me somewhere. Sometimes I can't find them so I just go searching for the problem myself. The only "security" is usually a desk at the main entrance and only at one of the hospitals do you need to go past a locked door to get in. The other two you just wander in. Once you are in though, no one stops you from wandering through most of the hospital. I would assume the drugs are locked up somewhere but I've never run across and of the dispensaries.

All drugs and any materials used are locked in Pyxis or other kinds of dispensing systems. Pediatric EDs are also locked down to prevent minors from wandering off and to prevent unauthorized visitation/elopement/kidnapping, etc. The problem here rests squarely on hospital security. This guy should have had his badge access revoked immediately upon his dismissal. It's amazing that they even hired him in the first place considering his past. They dropped the ball big time.

It's not super hard to gain access to a Hospital, I use to do it all the time, when my wife was working at one without having to use the front entrance (their cafeteria food was awesome). I don't know why people think that because it's a certain institution or something that it is more safe than others...

Also the guy had been fired quite some time prior to when he took a gun in, not all doctors are going to be well known in a hospital considering their is various floors. ICU, ER, Post-Partum, Labor and Delivery, Renal Diabetic/Med Surge and so on...

Since doctor's specialize in a type of care (didn't see his listed), they're not going to be seen through the entire hospital or known, especially if they've been out of work for a couple of years. Where people could have easily changed employment. Also who knows his ours of when he decided to do this and when he actually worked. It's not exactly as simple as you think.

Last edited:
Trump knows video editing! Good one Mr. Prez! And that scene in WWF/E is as fake as CNN's news!:lol:
I love how CNN said it's promoting violence to the left. Pot calling the kettle black!:lol:

Anyways, this shooting happened the other day, I figured I post it here since no one is talking about it.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/0...-arrest-rapper-second-suspect-in-alabama.html
A Memphis rapper was taken into custody early Sunday in Alabama along with a second suspect on unrelated charges after a shooting at an Arkansas nightclub that left 28 people injured, authorities said.

Trump knows video editing! Good one Mr. Prez! And that scene in WWF/E is as fake as CNN's news!:lol:
I love how CNN said it's promoting violence to the left. Pot calling the kettle black!:lol:

Anyways, this shooting happened the other day, I figured I post it here since no one is talking about it.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/0...-arrest-rapper-second-suspect-in-alabama.html

There is a guns thread for these type of things as well, which is why people sometimes refrain from posting gun related stories like this and the one obelisk posted, in this thread.

There is a guns thread for these type of things as well, which is why people sometimes refrain from posting gun related stories like this and the one obelisk posted, in this thread.
Do you enjoy criticizing every thing I do? It happened in America. Report it if you don't think it's in the right place.
That said my post started off in reference to andreas post.
I don't post whore for post count. I got my message across in a corresponding thread.

And tbh I don't like you. You criticize my posts all the time and the one time you kinda agreed with me you couldn't even mention my name.
So do me a favor and consider yourself ignored.

As I said no one is talking about it and I doubt the thread we posted in would make a difference. Y'all only want to talk about mass shootings when they are terrorist attacks...

Last edited:
Do you enjoy criticizing every thing I do? It happened in America. Report it if you don't think it's in the right place.
That said my post started off in reference to andreas post.
I don't post whore for post count. I got my message across in a corresponding thread.

And tbh I don't like you. You criticize my posts all the time and the one time you kinda agreed with me you couldn't even mention my name.
So do me a favor and consider yourself ignored.

As I said no one is talking about it and I doubt the thread we posted in would make a difference. Y'all only want to talk about mass shootings when they are terrorist attacks...

First off, it wasn't a criticism, I was just telling you why perhaps it wasn't posted here. You have some deeper issues if you think you're being attacked. I also noted the user Oblisk as well since he also posted a gun related article in this thread. I was just suggesting that if you guys wanted deep discussion on the subject there was thread for that. Didn't realize it would be seen as some personal attack on you.

I've mentioned you a few times in my posts that I agree with you on, just like anyone else. And if you feel like ignoring me that's fine, I've never attacked you or anything of the sort. It's a forum we are open to discuss in agreement or disagreement with one another, or given helpful insight, if you have a fault with that there is a report feature. The AUP says for users not to attack or abuse other users and thus if you feel you're being put in that state you should report it and let those in charge deem if that was the case. I don't really care if you like me or not that is your call.

Also we talk about mass shooting plenty when they pop up, hence the Guns thread that exists and has existed for some time. It's never been just about terrorism. Also lately you seem to get up in arms about many things when users disagree with you more so, and so I wonder if you read far too much into this and take these post as an attack on your person and mental thought. If so then don't because it's a forum and at the end of the day none of the acceptable users here are trying to demean one another even in heated debates.

Last edited:
Also lately you seem to get up in arms about many things when users disagree with you more so, and so I wonder if you read far too much into this and take these post as an attack on your person and mental thought.
I probably am. I've been on the agitated side of the fence for the last month or so from life issues. My radar has been a little off. Sorry.

I'm not sure there's any real wrongdoing there, it just shows (as we've already seen) that despite Trump's anti-lobbyist rhetoric on the road to the White House he could lobby with the best of them.
Which is why I posted it. He might not have done anything illegal, but there are some obvious ethical concerns.

Which is why I posted it. He might not have done anything illegal, but there are some obvious ethical concerns.
How so? The story is horrible by the way. Businessman lobbies government to build a road so he and his partners can spend $hundreds of millions in your country. Surprised he wasn't indicted over this.

Because multiple government officials have faced inquiries over their handling over the deals, and there's the connection to the Suharto family; when Suharto was president of Indonesia, he ran a brutal authoritarian dictatorship that in its later years became synonymous with widespread corruption. The Suharto family profited enormously from this despite the Asian economic meltdown of the 1990s. While Suharto himself is long since dead, such is the stigma of his legacy that any association with the Suharto family immediately raises questions down here.

Because multiple government officials have faced inquiries over their handling over the deals, and there's the connection to the Suharto family; when Suharto was president of Indonesia, he ran a brutal authoritarian dictatorship that in its later years became synonymous with widespread corruption. The Suharto family profited enormously from this despite the Asian economic meltdown of the 1990s. While Suharto himself is long since dead, such is the stigma of his legacy that any association with the Suharto family immediately raises questions down here.
That's like saying Richard Nixon was nearly impeached so we have to keep a close eye on George W. Bush. So you have no specific reasons for "obvious" ethical concerns, you're just hoping they come up because they came up decades ago. Gotcha.

you have no specific reasons for "obvious" ethical concerns
Aside from the aforemented systemic corruption that flourished under Suharto Snr.'s rule and which Suharto Jnr. directly profited from - the same Suharto Jnr. who is now the patriarch.

you're just hoping they come up because they came up decades ago
You're just hoping that there's nothing to it, as if a family that engineered and profited from one of the most corrupt regimes suddenly stopped being corrupt overnight.

Aside from the aforemented systemic corruption that flourished under Suharto Snr.'s rule and which Suharto Jnr. directly profited from - the same Suharto Jnr. who is now the patriarch.
You're just hoping that there's nothing to it, as if a family that engineered and profited from one of the most corrupt regimes suddenly stopped being corrupt overnight.
Of course I'm hoping there's nothing to it, why are you rooting for disaster? Guilty by association though right? It's Trump, he must be guilty!!

Back