America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,758 comments
america-birthday-clipart-happy-14.jpg

So they want to declare Trump "Incapacitated" due to him being mentally unfit to get him out of office.
So if trump gets cleared as mentally OK does this mean he is just crazy

So they want to declare Trump "Incapacitated" due to him being mentally unfit to get him out of office.
Don't know about that but if this gets anywhere near a high court it'll be a new low in American politics. That'll be two new lows in a row:sly:

Last edited:

Which post are you referring to?

EDIT: Never mind, googled it myself, a link to what you were talking about might have helped ;)

Was using a phone, so doing that is kinda clunky on this site due to the fixed headers

You need a better phone :) Mine allows me to copy a URL and hold my finger in any text area to paste - something that I thought was a standard interface feature even on Android. Simple as that ;)

That's because you've zoomed in, I think you covered that with @Jordan a few days ago in your thread "Zooming in on mobile causes header issues". That doesn't interfere with holding-to-copy a URL or holding-to-paste-into-a-text-box ;)

Anyway, back on topic: a semi-interesting article on the BBC that will probably annoy the hell out of many American readers - 8 US flags that could have been.

Don't know about that but if this gets anywhere near a high court it'll be a new low in American politics. That'll be two new lows in a row:sly:

As someone who thinks that Trump has more than one screw loose, even I think that attempting to get him declared mentally unfit is stupid. Almost certainly making whoever came up with the idea significantly stupider than Trump himself.

Anyway, back on topic: a semi-interesting article on the BBC that will probably annoy the hell out of many American readers - 8 US flags that could have been.

I'm not sure why you feel that may annoy some Americans; saw these in grade school history including several variants on the Pine Tree flag.

Unless you mean the last flag in the article, which just might send some snowflakes scurrying for their safe zones.

DK
Forgive me if my heart doesn't bleed for a racist's anonymity not being as foolproof as he once thought.
Sure would love to know if you would be this anti-anonymity if the roles were reversed.

This is some extraordinary harassment of an individual from CNN's side, all for posting a gif that Trump happened to tweet later.

Using archive.is because 🤬 CNN, they're not getting clicks for this one. Wonder if they still genuinely believe they have the moral ground here.
The only time CNN would ever think they didn't have the moral high ground is if they did something that negatively impacted their ratings. In which case they'd apologize because that'll give them the moral high ground again for being so magnanimous.
DK
Forgive me if my heart doesn't bleed for a racist's anonymity not being as foolproof as he once thought.
Do you think CNN puts as much vigour into chasing down the identities of online trolls people posting death threats and all kinds of calls to arms against the President and/or his supporters?

DK
I missed the racist part in this story. What happened? I thought it was about CNN blackmailen a 15 year old.

I missed the racist part in this story. What happened? I thought it was about CNN blackmailen a 15 year old.
Apparently CNN put their full resources into exposing the creator of a gif, a gif sourced from the fakest "sport" known to man, because, you know, gifs are really important national stories. They found a 15 year old child who had posted some racist and xenophobic content on the internet and although they didn't expose his real name, they apparently reserved the right to do so in the future. Sounds like a thinly veiled threat against a minor to me but I'm not a lawyer. In internet terms it might be called an ad hominem attack perhaps coupled with a genetic fallacy.

Do you think CNN puts as much vigour into chasing down the identities of online trolls people posting death threats and all kinds of calls to arms against the President and/or his supporters?
Wouldn't that be the President's job or the government's? That sounds to me like asking if Trump spends any time hunting down people posting anti CNN tweets.

Wouldn't that be the President's job or the government's? That sounds to me like asking if Trump spends any time hunting down people posting anti CNN tweets.
I know you are but what am I?

Back