America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
Fringe groups of all kinds are free to claim association with anyone they like. Is there any evidence that the Republican party encourages and accepts the support of the KKK?
I'm pretty sure i said they tend to align...

Fringe groups of all kinds are free to claim association with anyone they like. Is there any evidence that the Republican party encourages and accepts the support of the KKK?
So true and important to note the KKK in America today is .001% of the population and I have not seen a Nazi flag flying in my nieghborhood lately.

Some of the extremists on the right have been / are in the administration.
Encouraging people to riot ? I think not

Last edited by a moderator:
So true and important to note the KKK in America today is .001% of the population and I have not seen a Nazi flag flying in my nieghborhood lately.

Go to Idaho, you'll see them. Even in the southern part of Idaho, White Nationalism is a thing but even more so in the northern part. But I guess when all you have is potatoes, you need something to pass the time.

Ku Klux Klan Grand Dragon Will Quigg Endorses Hillary Clinton for President
He says he's retracting his endorsement of Donald Trump.

https://www.usnews.com/news/article...-quigg-endorses-hillary-clinton-for-president
Yep, and also from that same article...
Based on his past statements, it doesn’t appear highly credible that he has changed his effusive allegiance to Donald Trump,” Brian Levin, a former New York police officer who is director of the Centre for the Study of Hate and Extremism at California State University in San Bernardino, told the Telegraph. “The timing seems suspect. I think this is a function of not wanting to undermine the Trump campaign.”
Which seems like a pretty legit assumption.
One sided love affairs in the human world are considered stalking and creepy and aren't usually discussed alongside of legitimate relationships.
Not sure what that has to do with the price of tea. I dont support party politics anyway. My issue is the Republicans are the majority leaders and hold the executive office and are doing a fine job of ****ing things up IMO.

Go to Idaho, you'll see them. Even in the southern part of Idaho, White Nationalism is a thing but even more so in the northern part. But I guess when all you have is potatoes, you need something to pass the time.
I will be catching a plane today and will get back to you

You keep moving those goalposts, I'm sure it's comforting.

Please do however cite the exact words and individual.

I do however recall a certain someone saying he would cover all the legal fees for anyone who attacked his opponents (on more than one occasion).
I never moved the goalposts. You did. Still waiting for your opinion on Dem House leaders encouraging rioting

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but nope. You changed the narrative to a specific charge (incitement to riot), that's a shift of the goalposts.

I'm still waiting for a name and the exact words used.
Maxine Waters just said after the "Red Hen" thing to "harass them in the streets, they won't be able to go to a gasoline station". Talking about Trump administration employees.
Not exactly rioting but still calling for harassment of people.
What could go wrong?

But its not "of the day" its today, and today white supremacy groups tend to align with the conservative right, not the liberal left.
But looking back at that history, it is pretty strange how the two parties seem to have flip flopped a bit.

They flip flopped entirely from their roots. And realistically, both parties are pretty far to the right at this stage.

If people can stand watching something by Vox (which is at times unabashedly supportive of the Democratic Party) then these are actually pretty informative.

You keep moving those goalposts, I'm sure it's comforting.

Please do however cite the exact words and individual.

I do however recall a certain someone saying he would cover all the legal fees for anyone who attacked his opponents (on more than one occasion).
Just in case he has trouble clicking on the link you provided earlier:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-incitement-violence/

upload_2018-6-28_16-11-52.png

Last edited:
Liberals are going to go stark raving bonkers over this.
I don't understand - why would they?

It did briefly reignite my rage about the unscrupulous theft of Merrick Garland's seat, I suppose. Not sure that qualified as going bonkers though.

---

And you think your video is a valid comparison to the hate spewing from leftists about Trump. You will have to do better than that.

They're calling to hang him, so... yes?

Not unlike the attempts by the left to compare Trump to Hitler who murdered millions of people or the KKK which was associated with the Democratic Party for over 30 years

Of course, that Democrat party is pretty much today's Republ... eh, forget it. I've never once seen this actually sink in.

---

Wait, just because some wackjob claims affiliation with a group, that doesn't make the group responsible for their actions? Quite the flip-flop on your part, wouldn't you say?

Is there any evidence that the Republican party encourages and accepts the support of the KKK?

Donald Trump claiming to not know who David Duke was, so he could deflect questions asking him to condemn Duke? Yeah, I'd say that was a pretty clear wink and nod to the KKK.

"I didn't leave the party, the part left me."

Apparently this is a reasonably common phrase amongst a certain generation of US voters. The prime example is Kennedy Democrats voting for Reagan.

I never moved the goalposts. You did. Still waiting for your opinion on Dem House leaders encouraging rioting
In case you haven't noticed, you're wasting your time. The lefties here will simply run away rather than admit that they were wrong.

Donald Trump claiming to not know who David Duke was, so he could deflect questions asking him to condemn Duke? Yeah, I'd say that was a pretty clear wink and nod to the KKK.

And how many times did Trump denounce David Duke and his support?

And how many times did Trump denounce David Duke and his support?

A few days later, after his little wink-and-nod had already been received? Of course he finally regained his memory and made the public denouncement he was going to have to make all along.

He was asked, directly and clearly, to condemn the most prominent Klansman in the country - quite literally the biggest, slowest softball you can possibly have thrown to you - and he dodged it. It was tacit acceptance of white nationalist support, the only way to not see that is to not want to.

A few days later, after his little wink-and-nod had already been received? Of course he finally regained his memory and made the public denouncement he was going to have to make all along.

He was asked, directly and clearly, to condemn the most prominent Klansman in the country - quite literally the biggest, slowest softball you can possibly have thrown to you - and he dodged it. It was tacit acceptance of white nationalist support, the only way to not see that is to not want to.
What about Hillary calling a KKK Dragon at his funeral, her mentor? Who really winked and nodded? I recall mentioning this during the election...

Whatever, I don't follow the "10 commandments of debate". Not even my debate anyways, just inserting a fact people like to forget. Would it make you feel better it I reworded it?

What about Hillary calling a KKK Dragon at his funeral, her mentor? Who really winked and nodded? I recall mentioning this during the election...

You're referring to Robert Byrd, who, before he entered public service (and therefore, before he had any sort of relationship with Clinton) said that being in the KKK was a mistake, and denounced the group. He wrote in his autobiography "It has emerged throughout my life to haunt and embarrass me, and has taught me in a very graphic way what one major mistake can do to one's life, career and reputation... I displayed very bad judgment, due to immaturity and a lack of seasoned reasoning."

Associating with a man who has publicly repudiated the KKK is an extremely ineffective way to wink-and-nod in their direction...

Not even my debate anyways, just inserting a fact people like to forget.

No, it's a fact you just mangled around to fit a hole it doesn't belong in.

I'm blaming Trump for this one, but the OC&E forum is currently in its saddest state since I've been a member. You're all acting like US politicians during election times, throwing petty remarks at each other, and turning discussions into a he said/she said kindergarten squabble.

That didn't answer my question at all. I'm not surprised.

But-but-but...you were supposed to run away.

I'm blaming Trump for this one, but the OC&E forum is currently in its saddest state since I've been a member. You're all acting like US politicians during election times, throwing petty remarks at each other, and turning discussions into a he said/she said kindergarten squabble.

You would say that, you're a leftist/rightist/liberal* who gets their facts from CNN/Breitbart/Trump*. Pfft.

* Delete as applicable

Back