America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,723 comments
I don't think I would have made it through college without Little Ceasars & Jack in the Box. Unfortunately, those choices might have put an irreversible, hard limit on my life expectancy. :lol:

It's not that I dislike Little Caesars, though Hot and Readys suck with doctoring, its just that there are so many better choices that really don't cost more.

What do you guys think about Little Caesars?

20190920_little_Caesers_3x2.jpg

I'm hot, and I'm ready.

I'm required to like it in the hopes that someday the Tigers and Red Wings don't completely suck. Those teams ain't going to pay for themselves so I need to eat pizza.

I'm required to like it in the hopes that someday the Tigers and Red Wings don't completely suck. Those teams ain't going to pay for themselves so I need to eat pizza.
At least the Wings had their time, and what a time it was. I honestly think the late 90s and early 00s were some of the best hockey ever.
Tigers blew their chance to STL. But... at least none of them are the Lions....

I feel like if our next president campaigned on building a wall along the Ohio River I'd probably vote for it. Talk about keeping undesirables out.
How would your fellow statesmen get their meth? :lol:
Maybe it would slow ya’ll Northerners migrating down to the land of less taxes.
I’ll vote for them!

Marco’s Pizza here lately, better than the big 3 IMO.

It looks like Detroit is the de facto pizza winner as far as this thread is concerned so maybe I could interject with a political question. Sorry.

What are the political implications of conferring statehood on the District of Columbia? Why do the for and against factions seem to be divided along party lines? Is it some kind of gerrymandering thing?

Also are there any moves to rename it after someone who wasn't as big a jerk as Columbus? Just kidding about the second part but an answer to the initial question would be appreciated.

It all has to do with electoral votes and giving the actual people that live there proper representation. Which of course Republicans don't want to do, because the majority of people in the DC area are black and/or minorities. Same with Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands. They tried to make those two states too at some point but it won't work because minorities would get proper representation, and that's "a bad thing" according to "the government".

Wings, dings, thighs and legs... all equally the best parts honestly. I definitely prefer the dark meat.

It all has to do with electoral votes and giving the actual people that live there proper representation. Which of course Republicans don't want to do, because the majority of people in the DC area are black and/or minorities. Same with Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands. They tried to make those two states too at some point but it won't work because minorities would get proper representation, and that's "a bad thing" according to "the government".

Thanks. So it is a gerrymandering thing but not on the part of the Dems as I suspected. Rather than attempt to justify their opposition it looks like Mitch McConnell is simply not going to bring up the motion in the Senate hoping that it'll go away like the other two did.

Also are there any moves to rename it after someone who wasn't as big a jerk as Columbus?
Looks like they had this part covered as well and want to rename it Douglass Commonwealth.

It looks like Detroit is the de facto pizza winner as far as this thread is concerned
I think it just seems that way because of the presence of a Michigander and an ex-pat Michigander. A vocal minority doesn't represent the majority.

:P

Wings, dings, thighs and legs... all equally the best parts honestly. I definitely prefer the dark meat.
Neck meat on a chicken is the best. Second goes to the pope's nose. Pity neither are particularly conducive to picking up and eating as part of a meal, but the former definitely works wonders for a stock.

I think it just seems that way because of the presence of a Michigander and an ex-pat Michigander. A vocal minority doesn't represent the majority.

That's strange, I thought everybody here said they liked Detroit so far. I know I do. Nobody's put it down unless I'm missing something.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-militants-killing-us-soldiers-report-outrage

Any of the several members here who bleated on and on about Benghazi wanna weigh in on this one? Seems like this is a considerably worse mishandling of a situation involving American lives. (I, of course, won’t be holding my breath.)

What are the political implications of conferring statehood on the District of Columbia? Why do the for and against factions seem to be divided along party lines? Is it some kind of gerrymandering thing?

As has already been hinted at, the demographics of DC (less than 35% white in a nation that’s around 65% white on average; only Hawaii is lower) would virtually guarantee two perpetual Democratic Senate seats.

You know, I watched this:

I realize that I don't eat breakfast very often. If I do its very simple...maybe toast and jam. If I do want a breakfast, I typically go for something like an egg sandwich. I'm absolutely a morning person...but I'm not typically hungry in the morning. What do you folks, Americans in particular, do for breakfast?

During the week it's usually a couple pieces of toast with peanut butter and a banana. In the event I'm awake and motivated enough on the weekend I like a couple eggs sunny side up, a couple sausage links and buttered toast (dipped in the yolk, of course).

I've always been kinda iffy on eating anything more elaborate than cereal on the rare occasions that I eat breakfast. I do like hash though.

Breakfast? Oh, you mean the first caffeine fill-up of the day. I typically have an energy drink (Sugar Free Red Bull for the most part) and a protein bar. In the event I do make an actual breakfast, it's pretty much whatever produce is in the fridge fried up with some eggs and then covered in salsa and/or Tabasco.

What do you folks, Americans in particular, do for breakfast?

Usually not up early enough to do anything other than cereal or instant oatmeal. But when I’ve got the time, usually an over-easy egg on top of some avocado toast, splash of hot sauce.

Oat squares cereal here for breakfast. If I ever have anything warm, it will usually be an omelette.

Greek yogurt and coffee, sometimes with a banana. If I want to spend more time, I'll do scrambled eggs with preferably jalapeno peppers and bacon, with bread on the side. Or I'll fry a few strips of bacon and one or two eggs with bread on the side or make it into a sandwich. American cheese works pretty well if I go with the sandwich route.

Occasionally I do cereal.

Eggs over easy with scrapple or scrambled eggs with sausage or bacon, more often than not. Sometimes a muffin, pancakes or a Danish. Sometimes with coffee, sometimes with orange juice, on rare occasions both.

The days I'm working, I'll usually grab a SEC biscuit or 2 from somewhere on the way to wherever I get sent for the day. Or I'll stop at a QT and get a piece of breakfast pizza or 2, with a 1/4 gallon of coffee for the day...
On my day off if I do eat breakfast, it's usually 4 scrambled eggs with cheese, 3 pieces of sausage and bacon, then either hash browns or biscuits. With a beer to wash it down.

That's strange, I thought everybody here said they liked Detroit so far. I know I do. Nobody's put it down unless I'm missing something.

:mischievous:

Neck meat on a chicken is the best. Second goes to the pope's nose. Pity neither are particularly conducive to picking up and eating as part of a meal, but the former definitely works wonders for a stock.
Neck is too much work for too little meat. Popes noses tend to be too fatty, and since I more often than not "beer butt" my chickens, they also dont crisp up as the tendnto be in the bottom of the pan with all the boiling beer, juices and congealed blood. Very soggy. Nope, sorry. Nether are a good as some smoked chicken wings.

I realize that I don't eat breakfast very often. If I do its very simple...maybe toast and jam. If I do want a breakfast, I typically go for something like an egg sandwich. I'm absolutely a morning person...but I'm not typically hungry in the morning. What do you folks, Americans in particular, do for breakfast?

During the weekdays I only really drink coffee for breakfast. During the weekends though we tend to make big breakfasts though.

I more often than not "beer butt" my chickens, they also dont crisp up as the tendnto be in the bottom of the pan with all the boiling beer
Do you use a rack in the bottom of the pan to keep it out of the juice?
You can always use a baseter to remove some juice and put it in a cup so you can add more back if you need to.

:lol: Everything. Usually a meat, eggs, and toast, or biscuit.
As a kid I could never eat breakfast till 9am. Now I usually wake up starving.

Drunken Chicken (beer can for you Yanks) is one of my favorites to cook. Just put on the grill and walk away for two hours. :cheers:

Do you use a rack in the bottom of the pan to keep it out of the juice?
You can always use a baseter to remove some juice and put it in a cup so you can add more back if you need to.
Now why would I want to do something like that? Leaves more bits in the dripping for tastier stocks and gravys.

Breakfast? Oh, you mean the first caffeine fill-up of the day. I typically have an energy drink (Sugar Free Red Bull for the most part) and a protein bar. In the event I do make an actual breakfast, it's pretty much whatever produce is in the fridge fried up with some eggs and then covered in salsa and/or Tabasco.

Good god! Red Bull for breakfast? I've never understood how Red Bull could sponsor so many sporting events, as I've known anyone to drink the stuff. You have opened my eyes Joey. :boggled:

Now why would I want to do something like that? Leaves more bits in the dripping for tastier stocks and gravys.
So your chicken doesn't have a soggy bottom!
I'm not saying remove all the juice.
Just enough so the meat isn't sitting in a flood.
When I do turkey for Turkey Day, I actually make a juice I put in the pan at the start to help basting early on. As the turkey releases its juice I remove some to keep it from drowning.
You can then take the juice you saved and the juice from the pan and boil it to kill whatever and you still get all the good bits and flavor in your sauce/gravey.

Back