America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,710 comments
Are they the worse in head count figures or as a percentage of population? - i know they're both quite populous states.

If you look at the 10 state with regards to death per thousand, it works out to be split 50/50 between Democrats and Republicans.

Man, this is like some weird dystopian future we're living in. I wonder how long before we get re-education camps?
Considering there are countless stories about Americans being unable to name a country beginning with the letter U ("Utah!" "Yugoslavia!") and the fact that so many American children have no idea that the Holocaust actually happened, it would not surprise me at all if a school room of children had no idea that this country was founded in 1776. Not that this is supporting the President's idea, but rather more of an astounding fall from grace the American education system has taken.

Anyone who like me doesn't want to look at Trump's smug face or listen to his whining voice for seventeen minutes is invited to read the transcript of his speech here:

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcript...t-september-17-white-house-history-conference

Educating people about slavery is the truest form of child abuse and if you destroy a statue you get an immediate ten years in prison. Trump is instituting a "Garden Of American Heroes" so that statues of the Founding Fathers are safe from protesters. It's all the Left's fault. The Left, the Left, the Left.

Last edited:
Trump explains his 1776 plan.

Here is Trump's speech. You spend hours bitching about him, why not listen to him for 17 minutes.

I did, it was mostly him bitching about the left.

And I'm certainly glad our country is so good right now that he's worried about this. It's not like the west coast is on fire, the Gulf coast is underwater, thousands of people are dying daily due to a virus he downplayed, and we're still having protests because cops can't quit shooting people.

And I'm certainly glad our country is so good right now that he's worried about this. It's not like the west coast is on fire, the Gulf coast is underwater, thousands of people are dying daily due to a virus he downplayed, and we're still having protests because cops can't quit shooting people.
And ignoring the head of Education (who I might add shouldn't be running anything involving using a brain), the end project might end up stating America was founded in 1376 by the Jamaicans.

I guess this attitude explains why you mentioned you decided to tap out and never vote again. (Or effectively so since the vote won’t be for a democrat or republican, and we have a two party system)
Yes, Trump caused historically bad lightning storms that started many fires,
Yes the president also turned on floodwaters, and also funded the BLM/Antifa protests, and when he was getting criticized for closing the border, now, AFTER the fact, the position being taken is he downplayed it.
SMH
Oh yes, his supporters are out rioting...
Does that about cover it?

And ignoring the head of Education (who I might add shouldn't be running anything involving using a brain), the end project might end up stating America was founded in 1376 by the Jamaicans.

I do have to wonder whether or not they'll teach the actual finding of America was by the Norse, not Columbus? If they were to do that I'd support it.

I guess this attitude explains why you mentioned you decided to tap out and never vote again. (Or effectively so since the vote won’t be for a democrat or republican, and we have a two party system)
Yes the president also turned on floodwaters, and also funded the BLM/Antifa protests, and when he was getting criticized for closing the border, now, AFTER the fact, the position being taken is he downplayed it.
SMH
Oh yes, his supporters are out rioting...
Does that about cover it?

I vote for the candidate I think is most qualified and there are some 300 people running for president, so no, we don't have a two-party system.

I'm also not saying Trump caused the fires or flooding, however, he's decidedly not giving a damn about them. His solution to the west coast wildfires was to rake leaves for chrissake. Any other president, whether Democrat, Republican, or other would absolutely care about what's going on instead of going on a campaign to change how history is taught in school with a side of golf. I can't see Bush or Obama not doing everything they can to address the natural disasters that currently going on. In fact, during both of their presidencies, they addressed a ton of natural disasters and worked to help the people affected by them.

With the BLM protests though, Trump does share some blame there since he's continuing to stoke the fires and divide the country instead of addressing the issue. I don't know how any president would just turn a blind eye to it or just go "meh it's not a problem".

And with COVID, Trump is absolutely the reason America is in bad shape right now. He's made a significant number of people believe it's not an issue, which is certainly increasing the number of infections since people aren't taking it seriously. I work every day with COVID information and not taking the virus seriously is without question the number one cause of transmission. Trump also disbanded the pandemic task force which had prevented previous outbreaks of diseases. If they'd still been around, things could've gone differently.

As for closing the border to prevent COVID, I'm not sure that really did any good. There's mounting evidence that we had COVID in the US before March. There's also some evidence that suggests the virus didn't originate in China at all and could've originated in Brazil.

And in one foul swoop, Trump suddenly makes me see why public education may be a bad idea...
For real, living my high school years under the Trump administration has shown how much I took government agencies and services, including public education, for granted. For that reason I also give Trump credit for turning me from a social democrat to libertarian-ish and more critical of both major parties and what the government is doing.

I vote for the candidate I think is most qualified and there are some 300 people running for president, so no, we don't have a two-party system

I’m sure that Biden and Trump are shaking in their boots.
Effectively not choosing someone with a chance is the same as not voting as well.
Might as well write in Mickey Mouse at that point.

His solution to the west coast wildfires was to rake leaves for chrissake

In the 50s 60s and 70s even to early 80s
logging operations were allowed. This reduced fuels. Then a bunch of left wing city folk decided to prioritize the spotted owl over everything and in the process screwed things up. But, irregardless 14000 whatever lightning strikes in remote areas is going to cause problems.
If there were more clear cut areas and selective thinning tho, the fires that break out would be easier to control.

With the BLM protests though, Trump does share some blame there since he's continuing to stoke the fires and divide the country

Let me get this straight-police shoot a criminal-police are to blame and must be defunded
Looters rioters protesters and arsonists wreak havoc and Trump is to blame?

D, Trump is absolutely the reason America is in bad shape right now

Funny how that works from both the leftists and libertarians, almost like they are two tentacles on the same octopus (foreign meddling)

Trump also disbanded the pandemic task force which had prevented previous outbreaks of diseases

I’m sure they would have been in Wuhan and saved the world from the China virus.

As for closing the border to prevent COVID, I'm not sure that really did any good

Pre Covid left position- open borders
Post Covid left position Trump didn’t close it soon enough he downplayed it

Trump position from day one-we need secure borders.

I’m sure that Biden and Trump are shaking in their boots.
Effectively not choosing someone with a chance is the same as not voting as well.
Might as well write in Mickey Mouse at that point.

I know Jorgensen has no chance of winning, I'm still going to use my right as an American to vote for the person I think is best for the job. I don't criticize anyone's vote as long as they've thought about it and selected the person they most agree with.

In the 50s 60s and 70s even to early 80s
logging operations were allowed. This reduced fuels. Then a bunch of left wing city folk decided to prioritize the spotted owl over everything and in the process screwed things up. But, irregardless 14000 whatever lightning strikes in remote areas is going to cause problems.
If there were more clear cut areas and selective thinning tho, the fires that break out would be easier to control.

There are still logging operations in California. Also, in Washington and Oregon, logging is a massive industry. Of the top five states with the most logging jobs, three are Washington, Oregon, and California.

Also, clearcutting forests lead to a whole bunch of other issues like erosion and mudslides, which can, and are, hazardous to communities.

Let me get this straight-police shoot a criminal-police are to blame and must be defunded
Looters rioters protesters and arsonists wreak havoc and Trump is to blame?

Police shoot and/or suffocate unarmed suspects denying them their Constitutional right to a trial by jury, therefore are in violation of the law of the land (seriously I thought you were all about law and order?).

But regardless of the root cause, Trump is absolutely to blame for not doing anything to rectify the situation. He's also continuing to egg on his supporters and further divide the country instead of trying to get solve the problem or, at the very least, call for less violence.

Funny how that works from both the leftists and libertarians, almost like they are two tentacles on the same octopus (foreign meddling)

Funny how what works? America is in bad shape regarding COVID or do you think being on top of the all-time leader board is some sort of accomplishment (although India is catching up).

I’m sure they would have been in Wuhan and saved the world from the China virus.

Well since they were more or less disbanded we will never know.

COVID likely didn't come through the Mexican-American border, but rather through airports.

I guess this attitude explains why you mentioned you decided to tap out and never vote again. Or effectively so since the vote won’t be for a democrat or republican, and we have a two party system)

Voting for 3rd party =/= not voting at all. This has been explained multiple times already.

Yes the president also turned on floodwaters,...

Literally nobody has said that. What is very evident, however, is the lack of :censored:s he gives about his citizens currently being victims of several natural disasters, which is what's being called into question.

...and also funded the BLM/Antifa protests,...

He has, however, played a part in stoking the flames of the protests by trying to further divide the country (which this recent "speech" of his is, at least partially, another attempt to cause further division).

and when he was getting criticized for closing the border, now, AFTER the fact,...

Considering that there was evidence suggesting that COVID had already found its way into the US before March, and we didn't really start up travel restrictions until late March/early April, closing the borders now (which, they really aren't, btw) is pretty much a case of too little, too late.

I'd also like to point out that there was clear evidence that COVID was a bastard that was gonna find its way here well before March/April, and we still pretty much did nothing about it until it was too late.

...the position being taken is he downplayed it.

Yes, because Trump has downplayed the virus (and also disbanded the virus task force, and asked for tests to be slowed down), and continues to downplay the virus. He has been recorded admitting it. He's also been recorded effectively saying that because the Blue state/regions voted as such, they have basically nobody to blame but themselves for the virus. That's both disgusting and quite humorous when considering the fact that Florida and Texas, the 2 biggest red states in the US, also have the some of biggest COVID-19 woes at the moment.

What a silly comparison. There is no inconsistency or hypocrisy in supporting friendly immigration policies long-term, but also advocating for temporary closures during a public safety crisis like a pandemic. It’s two entirely different questions.

Voting for either one of them is a vote to maintain this status quo and make every election in the future between two hopeless choices. Not effectively either, but actually.

The only way to break the cycle is to vote for someone else, and for enough people to do it instead of this silly mindset that only a vote for the winner counts.

Except he didn't close it; 40,000 still came in from China after the "restriction" was put in place which made it basically, "No Chinese allowed, but Americans are still free to travel". As if the virus would differentiate between the 2. On top of this, it has resulted in increased hostility towards Asians, no doubt helped in part by Donnie repeatedly blaming China for bringing it here.

And as someone who came back from Asia at the height of the restrictions, let me reassure you that the concern shown by the airport agents was about as in-depth as one would expect:
"Did you go to China?"
"Did you go to any farms/animal plants?"
"Have a nice day".

No temperature checks, barely looked at my Passport. Meanwhile, Japan's airport travel personnel was telling me, "Any trips available to China are still allowed, however, as non-citizens, you will not be allowed to return".

Last edited:
Ginsburg has died from her cancer fight.
This is very big news in many ways.
The Supreme Court is the third branch of federal government in the US. Both parties covet the comparatively rare chance to make a new appointment.
This raises the tension for the control of the Presidency and the Senate to an even higher level.

Last edited:
"The American people may well elect a president who decides to nominate Judge Garland for Senate consideration,"McConnell said in 2016. "The next president may also nominate someone very different. Either way, our view is this: Give the people a voice in the filling of this vacancy."

"I'd like to fill a vacancy," Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham said (in July of this year). "But we'd have to see. I don't know how practical that would be. Let's see what the market would bear."

What would the "market bear"? This may turn out to be the culminating moment of Trump's reign of chaos.

Back