American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments

When do we qualify?

• Night of, right before the race

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

Votes: 20 48.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be interested in returning if GT1's like the F1 GTR, CLK-LM, GTR-1, etc were used for the GT1 class.

I'd be interested in returning if GT1's like the F1 GTR, CLK-LM, GTR-1, etc were used for the GT1 class.

That would truly be magnificent :dopey: But your response kinda sounds like blackmail (can't find a word that's better) :P

For the same reason there isn't hurricanes in the middle of the ocean, the always form near land, in the pacific they form near Indonesia and hurricanes always travel west for some reason so they're highly unlikely to strike Hawaii

Dude hawaii has a hurricane season. A hurricane can form anywhere including the pacific in which hawaii sits in i remember hurricanes occuring in hawaii BTW.

In the Pacific, you have typhoons, which normally start west of Hawaii. Hawaii is normally only in danger is tsunamis, waterwise. Hurricanes actually do form in the middle of the ocean, not very close to land at all. Normally, they are even closer to Africa than North America.

[/Nerd]

👍

Yes but it is not impossible for a hurricane to hit hawaii it may be unlikely but not impossible which i was trying to say that started this convo.

That's why I said normally. I was just trying to provide facts I knew to help mediate the situation :).

From Wikipedia
Note very long post
August 2000: Hurricane Daniel passed north of the islands, bringing a few thunderstorms but no significant flooding. High surf with waves of up to 10 feet (3 m) impacted the eastern side of the island of Hawai?i.[44]
August 2003: Hurricane Jimena brought up to 10 inches (254 mm) of rain as it passed Big Island. High surf with heights of up to 15 feet (4.5 m) were reported on the windward sections of Big Island. A gust of 53 mph (85 km/h) kt was recorded at South Point.[45]
August 2004: The remnants of Hurricane Darby passed over the islands and combined with an upper level trough to create unstable moisture in the air, dropping up to 5 inches (127 mm) of rain in a few hours in the Big Island, causing flooding and road closures. Rainfall up to 5 inches (127 mm) was also reported in Oahu.[46]
September 2005: An upper level trough which had resulted in the remnants of Hurricane Jova brought unstable conditions to Hawai?i, allowing locally heavy rainfall to occur.[47]
September 2005: The remnants of Hurricane Kenneth brought locally heavy rainfall, with up to 12 inches (305 mm) falling on the Big Island of Hawai?i. Intense rains over Oahu and Kauai caused flash floods on Kaukonahua Stream and the overflow of Lake Wilson at Wahiawa Dam. Flash floods occurred on Hanalei River forcing the closure of Kuhio Highway.[48]
August 2007: Hurricane Flossie passed within 100 miles of the Big Island of Hawaii bringing rain and tropical storm-force winds to the island.
August 2008: The remnants of Hurricane Hernan brought moisture to the island of Hawaii causing cloud and shower activity.
August 2009: The remnants of Hurricane Felicia brings light rainfall to the northern islands.
October 2009: Hurricane Neki caused minor damage to the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands, striking the Papah?naumoku?kea Marine National Monument as a tropical storm.
December 2010: Tropical Storm Omeka brushes Lisianski Island as a weak tropical storm, although no damage was reported.
As you can see most of these were just minor rain

bermudakid
Connecticut - the greatest .... oh wait, nvm

Reminds me of Wayne's world
"were in Hawaii wooki tiki blah blah"
"Now were in vegas yeah gonna win big!"
"Now were in Delaware. Yep Delaware. (long silence)"

Well you had to watch the movie :D

So just my 2 cents about the future of ALMS.

Clearly so far as prototypes go it's impossible to recreate the lineup. But with GT it's more than possible. I think the whole gt1/gt2 thing is getting pretty far away from how the actual series runs currently, by which I mean there would probably be a good number of cars included that are not running in real races. We could simply call it Le Mans and broaden it a bit, but why use the ALMS title if it isn't going to be similar to the series?

If it were up to me it would be LMP1, GT, and GTC with GTC being spec-modified RUF RGTs. This would be the closest to realism in recreating the series as you could get right now.

Just a thought. I know it isn't up to me but that's what I think would best represent the ALMS badge.

Well it's not really the ALMS anyway with the fact that there's only 3 odd US tracks we've ever raced on...

So why not just call it Fantasy Le Mans series 2011 instead of ALMS...

My point is that without the format (LMP, GT2, GTC is closest thing Gt5 will do with limited spots), it isn't even ALMS. It's just some multi-generational sports car series.

I wouldn't even mind if we ran lmp1, lmpc, gte. That would solve the slowness factor. LMPC could be one of the open cockpit prototypes to spec.

Last edited:
imageklfk.jpg

LIKE A BOSS :dopey:

Reminds me of Wayne's world
"were in Hawaii wooki tiki blah blah"
"Now were in vegas yeah gonna win big!"
"Now were in Delaware. Yep Delaware. (long silence)"

Well you had to watch the movie :D

yup, im from norwalk, CT........... really long silence.

I like the Idea for an RUF GTC class. man i wish all porches were in an actual good racing game

Seems I'm winning everything I compete in this season :dopey:

How's everyone held up after the mild windy storm.....I mean hurricane?

As this has been completed and has turned into an off-topic chat fest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back