American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments

When do we qualify?

• Night of, right before the race

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

Votes: 20 48.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a race (real race) this weekend? Another ALMS?
EDIT: Looks like an ALMS race next weekend, nothing this weekend. Unless you guys know of something.

Also I'm willing to try out any car. I'd even do M3 even though I'm not really a fan of the real team.

Someone let me know if interested in teaming up and testing some cars.

I'll drive the M3 with you.
I'm also not a fan of the team IRL lol.
Either that or LMP, or GTC. I don't know lol.
I'll go to which ever class needs more people.

gogatrs

Well, there's flying lizard RUF :P

Yeah but color scheme leaves something to be desired. Maybe gogatrs could be red RUF and I could be silver? lol.'

Sorry I don't know why I make all my car decisions based on livery choices. Probably part of the reason I always lose ;)

I did the same thing in LMP. I chose the GT-One because no one was using it, and that it's a very quick LMP, almost matching the Bentley, maybe even the Audi R8. However, I'll switch to the TDI next season. The GT-One did me a lot of good, but I wanted to try another LMP, and so the TDI was a nice match for me.

@ Rocko

I prefer MR and 4WD. However, I try all drivetrains but I mostly do the listed ones.

I can't stand MR, something just never feels right unless it's a race car(I'd go insane for a panoz LMP) and 4WD is too understeery. Next year I'll probably take the Corvette again, unless the GT1 class is there and I can use a GT-R concept lm, that things just magic, :drool;

I did the same thing in LMP. I chose the GT-One because no one was using it, and that it's a very quick LMP, almost matching the Bentley, maybe even the Audi R8. However, I'll switch to the TDI next season. The GT-One did me a lot of good, but I wanted to try another LMP, and so the TDI was a nice match for me.

@ Rocko

I prefer MR and 4WD. However, I try all drivetrains but I mostly do the listed ones.

Good luck with the Audi. Twitchy with torque, understeery without and generally slower than others in the field. Love the car but wasn't really built to compete with, say the 908 diesel which is more evenly matched by R18. Still a ton of fun. I might even drive one with you if you want. I'm pretty open right now to try whatever.

I like the Toyota, but it's not as good in my hands as the Bentley. I'd love to figure out a good tune for the Toyota though, see if I can ring out some good time in it. On the longer tracks like LeSarthe it's high speed is great. Handling tracks I think goes to the Bentley though.

Good luck with the Audi. Twitchy with torque, understeery without and generally slower than others in the field. Love the car but wasn't really built to compete with, say the 908 diesel which is more evenly matched by R18. Still a ton of fun. I might even drive one with you if you want. I'm pretty open right now to try whatever.

Thanks. I don't have the 908 yet as I'm saving up for a couple of cars & since it's always available in the NCD, I don't have to worry about it disappearing. However, I'm really eager to try it out.

@ Rocko

R10 is slow as balls and doesn't handle well at all.. you are brave to try it.

Weight Limit: 950 KG
Base Power Limit: 680 HP
Horsepower will be adjusted to make the cars even.

Audi R10 TDI Race Car '06
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP '10
Audi R8 '01
Audi R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA) '05
Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03
BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99
Pescarolo Courage C60 - Peugeot Race Car '03
Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race car '05
Pescarolo-Courage - Judd GV5 Race Car '04

Last edited:
Gatrs if you ever wonder what happens when you leave, everything goes on as normal, then almost immediately someone gets out a tank car when some one in a 787b rams them so; Well in short we all (excluding GTA) act like idiots :dopey: then we leave.
BTW is TT13 still eating dinner?l

So I'm back. Sorry guys! I'm liking the M3 so far. Don't know what you guys are crying about understeer...braking bad though with the extra weight.

Tower Turn 13
So I'm back. Sorry guys! I'm liking the M3 so far. Don't know what you guys are crying about understeer...braking bad though with the extra weight.

I know I have a different perspective about the M3 now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back