American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments

When do we qualify?

• Night of, right before the race

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

Votes: 20 48.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MitchZ06
Yeah, too slow and uncompetitive....

I'd still rather not race but if a McLaren is allowed in at any point I'll happily take up a grid position. Other than that, NRG Racing will not return for season 3.

This is how to kill a class. Not only will the lighter cars need more power to cart around the extra weight but they'll then understeer more than before and go through tyres like crazy. Kick the cars that can't make weight (who used the Jag, BMW or Aston this season other than Sparty/Rocko?) and drop the weight to the lowest the remaining lot can all get to.

If you move the ballast to the back of the car, it will oversteer.
That's how I fixed me RUF.
I think that I'll drive a BMW this season regardless. I just like the way they look. :dopey:

gogatrs
I think that I'll drive a BMW this season regardless. I just like the way they look. :dopey:

I think the BMW M3 could be good with a good tune, and I can tune better after this season and might give the BMW another try

You won't return if there's no McLaren?
Not to mention other factors I've gone over before...

And Porsche engineers used to put lead in the front of earlier 911's to try and fix their oversteer......

Race cars are meant to be light and agile, not overweight and ungainly.

What would the ALMS Ford GT look like? Chrome with black stripes and yellow wheels?

I already painted mine chrome with red wheels :)

Still looking for a good tune, it's a bit hard to deal with at first. Then again so was the 458.

Unfortunately GT5 doesn't offer racing versions of GT cars so they all seem to have understeer and other issues, even with tunes. But I think we should keep the series as close to ALMS as possible. Keep the Jag and Beamer, I'll drive either if need be.

And Mitch I still think you should stay on. I'm sure you could somehow make one of the cars on the list competitive. But obviously it's up to you.

I'm not sure about this series with concerns toward GT, I like the prototypes, but maybe we can run at a different spec?

Cowboys965
What would the ALMS Ford GT look like? Chrome with black stripes and yellow wheels?

I raced with one in the series in exactly those colors of chrome silver black stripes and yellow wheels

freshseth83
I'm not sure about this series with concerns toward GT, I like the prototypes, but maybe we can run at a different spec?

The LMP cars are all going to get specced out due to their uneveness.
To avoid having a ship load of homologation to do, I'm not going to allow Group C cars.

You thinking about PP at max downforce? Say 670PP WITH MAX downforce applied? That would leave it so that the weights would remain 900kg, but whatever your car maxes out with in terms of hp with full downforce would be the determining factor.

I don't think that some Group C cars are bad, and maybe give the Peugeot and Audi more HP? Like 20 Horsepower?

Guys honestly I'd go the way of Mitch if the series strayed too much. It would be silly because it wouldn't be American Le Mans. It already has a few little unavoidable things, such as that the current LMP cars in the series aren't available in the game, and that every LMP we run is either outdated or in the Euro series. But it seems silly to drastically alter the format to where it doesn't even look like ALMS. Group C cars just aren't a part of the series at this point in time. So really gogatrs has to decide if he wants to emulate ALMS currently or just have a more broadly Le Mans style series that spans multiple decades and isn't really anything like the American series as it is.

The no Group C cars is due to the fact that there's so many of them. And now that I'm going to spec out the cars, that would create A LOT of work.
And and 75% of them aren't even used. So I had to cut out a group of cars, the simplest group is the Group C cars.

klassykid9801
Have fun. Im not buying xbox ANYTIME soon nor will i buy forza

Didn't mean to be shrewd.
Forza has an ALMS license so they have all real ALMS cars (excluding Porsche) in their game

Really there is never going to be a racing game with all the cars people want including gt5. Like you guys want the ALMS cars where someone else might wish for 80 year old rustbuckets. So even though forza has more ALMS they might be lacking on another genre of car. Unfortunately games arent perfect.

klassykid9801
Sorry to break the news to you but your one off gt4684 will be absolutly perfect. :)

Released in the year 1,745,865,765,575. s
So realistic, if you crash at 1400 mph (normal future speed) you instantly die

I dont plan on ever buying microsoft anymore. I have it for my computer and it is really unreliable. I am very disappointed with bill gates work and with microsoft in general. ( otherwise im not going to waste 200$ on a piece of poop that will brake down in a couple days ) :(

Yes Klassy, it's always good to whinge about things your parents spent their money on for you isn't it? I'd have been happy as if I got half the stuff I do now back when I was your age....

klassykid9801
Sorry for double posting but i meant break down not brake down

That minor spelling don't matter really,
FYI next to the quote button there's an Edit button

We don't have any real racing in this game, but a little of it, all of the LMP cars are each from a different era except for some of them and DTM cars too

MitchZ06
Yes Klassy, it's always good to whinge about things your parents spent their money on for you isn't it? I'd have been happy as if I got half the stuff I do now back when I was your age....

Your... Your 19...

Yup, and back when I was 13-14 I only got a Nintendo 64. Never had a computer till I was 16 and only got a mobile phone around then too...

MitchZ06

No offense but what makes you think im a child. Just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back