American Trans Am Series Season III

• Thread starter Kalmiya117
  • 563 comments
Mudd I will send you a gto. Also count me in kal. Have to decide what cars to run. Are we allowing rear spoilers on group two now because I remember all the fus about my rear wing on my delorean?

crap, i sooo wanted to attend this series, then i realized what time it is starting and that is after midnight for my time zone, too bad :(

Alright, spent alot of time trying to think of a fun and fair method of awarding prizes, here's what I've come up with for Season III:

Wild Card Race Each race winner during the Wild Card race night will recieve a prize. Prizes for the evening will be drawn randomely in the order of wins from this selection of tickets and paints: B-day tickets '63, '65, '66, '67, '69, '70, '71, '82, '83, 2010, Level 9, Ticket 1000, Classic Muscle, Modern Muscle, 5 Silver Chromes, 5 Random Matte's. Each prize will only be awarded once.

The Championship Prizes The overall Champion for Group 1 will recieve a brand new RM Corvette ZR1 '09

Runner up for Group 1 recieves a brand new RM Dodge Challenger '70

The Group 2 Champion will recieve a brand new Dodge Viper SRT10 '06

Group 2 runner up will recieve a brand new Ford Mustang Mach I '71

Third place finishers in both classes recieve 5 Silver Chrome Paint Chips

I hope these prizes help to add to the enjoyment of this fantastic race series.:gtpflag:

That's good stuff, Kalmiya. You do, however, realize that your real car does not turn transparent when another car comes around one of those corners, right?:dopey:

Can I join? Been trying to find some people to race with. Thought I found a nice room today. The host had put "clean racing" in the title BUT he punted me every chance he got

You certainly can, Tiger. Review the car choices in the OP, you will need a Group 1 Vintage with a Group 2 Modern ready first. This Sunday many of us are getting together for some practice racing, add Kalmiya117 or myself (Mudd) on PSN if you'd like to get some track time in before we start the season.

One of us will have a lounge set up between 7:00pm and 8:00pm EDT this Sunday. Kalmiya117 is the main host. Skeletor27 and myself fill in host duties when necessary.

That's good stuff, Kalmiya. You do, however, realize that your real car does not turn transparent when another car comes around one of those corners, right?:dopey:

Oh I know very well. The camera does not give the full view but on some of the corners that the line was crossed I looked ahead for any traffic. I've traveled the road many times and it gets light traffic (almost non exisistant) during mid day and mid night. The road is used for the TVA Hydro Pumping power plant located in the mountian itself and does not connect any main roads together. However You can see on soem areas I stayed in my lane as I could not predict ot see enough to do follow a line through properly without posing much risk. So eb assured, I always looks ahead and at any point teh car was not beign pushed. With tires now gettign bit on teh worn side I take no chances really.

I do play it safe when I play and make sure that only my self is the one that has the danger of getting injured by my mistakes.

Tonight will be a Pre-Season Practice and Racing.

Just plan on doing quick 6-7 lap races at all the tracks on the list all groups if possible.

Lounge should be open around 7-8 pm EST.

Gonna be some tough racing this season, for sure. One poorly timed turn-in on these technical tracks can really set you back out of the pack, then ya gotta try so hard to catch back up, another mistake is made and eventually you find yourself fighting just to stay on the lead lap. Gets a little frustrating. Really must memorize the turns in order to be competative. My tuning seemed to be pretty good on all the cars, at least. When I could keep off the walls I had a few great battles for position. Thanks for the tips with the '63, Skell. It takes quite a few testing laps to get the hight/springs set up well on that one, your suggestions were a big help.

Last edited:
I am commiting to the Z06 Race Car for Group I Vintage

My choice for Group II Vintage is between the Charger R/T & the Z28.

I need to do some further testing with the Modern Cars.
I'm going to test the ZR1 RM, Z06 RM, C5-R & Panoz Esperante

Same for Group II Modern. Needs testing.

And Kalmiya.........

I was looking at my garage and I found more cars I would like to test for the Modern side.

Group I - I want to test the Panoz and possibly run with it.

Group II - Here's a List of Cars that are underdogs which I would like to test and maybe run with....

IROC
GNX
300C
GTO
Crossfire
Sunfire
RS200 '84
Focus RS '02

Let me know if you have any objections if I really want to run one of these cars for the series.

If not I will probably be checking out the Shelby, SRT8, ZR1 or Z06 for GII Modern.

And I do believe the bottom 4 cars are FWD so they will obviously lake on the straights but make up for it in the corners with that drivetrain and lighterweight, just laking in HP. But I will do some tests and get back to you.

I just got done looking through the list of the cars in game and I just wanted to add this:

Vette Grand Sport
Chrysler Prowler
Tesla Roadster
Cadillac Cien
Saleen S7
Callaway C12
Dodge SRT4
Focus SRT170
Focus ST '06
DMC DeLorean
Taurus SHO '98
Pontiac Vibe GT '03
Pontiac Solstice '02

Are all of these allowed??

Last edited:
CrazyB said:

I was looking at my garage and I found more cars I would like to test for the Modern side.

Group I - I want to test the Panoz and possibly run with it.

Group II - Here's a List of Cars that are underdogs which I would like to test and maybe run with....

IROC
GNX
300C
GTO
Crossfire
Sunfire
RS200 '84
Focus RS '02

Let me know if you have any objections if I really want to run one of these cars for the series.

The first four on the list are tested and allowed, though I believe they will be difficult to grab a win with. More of a top five car I think. As far as the other's, not sure if you will be disallowed to run them, but you'll damn sure get laughed at!:dopey::lol:

Mudd, glad to hear the 63 Z06 is starting to come around. Tough car to tame, no doubt about that.

I've noticed the ZR1 RM has more pp value then the Z06 RM @ same wieght & hp. If that's worth anything to anyone. Might just be because of torque.

Ken, those MGII cars look fine to me. We've mentioned some of those before. I think it would be cool to see some of those cars out there. If anyone is savvy enough. There's lots of options for MGII class beyond the OP list, and I'm sure there are some others not mentioned as well.

. . . As far as the other's, not sure if you will be disallowed to run them, but you'll damn sure get laughed at!:dopey::lol:

If you win with a sunfire, no one will be laughing for very long

Last edited:
I hope my sunfire beasts u all!!!hahaha

But on a real note, a realistic possiblity for GII would be the Saleen S7. This car I have dialed-in as I drove it in another series months back. Would this car be allowed? I think it's about par with the Ford GT.

Oh, and the Cadillac Cien I know is like a cheater car, something u would see dominating in a g@y online lobby. Will this be allowed? I know that car might actually be able to take out the Viper.

...(sigh)...now I gotta go and build a Sunfire for Titus's 500 room...

Ken, if a car can't realistically meet 530pp, meaning that from bone stock, you have to add a bunch of weight and/or over use of the power limiter, then the car doesn't fit in the class. Ford GT, '09 ZR1, '06 ZO6, Viper ACR, are just a few 'supercars' that I know of off the top of my head that won't fit. I don't know about the S7 & Cien.

Mudd, I'll meet you there with a PT cruiser.

Long as it is American in make I am sure it can run. But NO Front Wheel Drives. They just do not fit anywhere into this series no matter what.

Please no front wheel cars.
1. Watching the replays of the MG2 was sweet all those modern V8 sports cars, a compact FWD would ruin that.
2. I don't want the embarrassment of losing to a FWD car in my V8. Not cool.

There is a muscle car club based near here that has some membership rules that I think should apply here.

"Mid-Michigan Modern Muscle Car Club" Rule 1: Cars must be no older then 30 years.

Rule 2: Cars must be front engine rear wheel drive.

Rule 3: Cars must be V8 or bigger, with one exception of a turbo v6 found in the Grand National.

And I did not make that last one up, it is actually a club rule.

Add: after researching, I misquoted a bit.
SINCE THE CUTOFF FOR MANY CLUBS IS 1972 THEN 1973 WOULD BE OUR STARTING POINT. WE THEN HAD TO DEFINE WHAT A MUSCLE CAR IS AND CAME UP WITH THE CRITERIA FOR CLUB MEMBERSHIP. CARS MUST BE BUILT BY AN AMERICAN MANUFACTURER FIRST AND FOREMOST. THEY MUST BE MODEL YEAR 1973 UNTIL PRESENT. THEY MUST BE REAR WHEEL DRIVE. THEY MUST BE POWERED BY A V-8, V-10 (VIPERS), OR A V-6 WITH POWER ADDER ( GRAND NATIONAL, THUNDERBIRD SUPERCOUPE, ETC). THAT IS ALL THAT IS REQUIRED. WE DON'T CARE IF YOU OWN A STOCK 180HP MID 70'S CAMARO OR A NEW 505 HP Z06. EACH OF THESE CARS IS A MUSCLE CAR IN IT'S OWN RIGHT AND IN ITS OWN TIME. THIS CLUB IS ABOUT RESPECTING THAT FACT* AND RESPECTING CARS LIKE AND UNLIKE YOURS. AS LONG AS THEY SHARE THE COMMON FACTORS LISTED ABOVE THEY ARE ALL MODERN MUSCLE CARS. WHILE MOST PURISTS SAY THE MUSCLE CAR DIED IN 1970 ( THE LAST YEAR OF HIGH COMPRESSION ENGINES)* I PERSONALLY DISAGREE. WHILE CARS OF THE MID 70'S WERE NOT POWERHOUSES,* CARS LIKE THE 6.6 TRANS AM THE Z-28 CAMARO AND OF COURSE THE CORVETTE WERE STILL THE BEST YOU COULD BUY AT THE TIME.*

Last edited:
There is a muscle car club based near here that has some membership rules that I think should apply here.

"Mid-Michigan Modern Muscle Car Club" Rule 1: Cars must be no older then 30 years.

Rule 2: Cars must be front engine rear wheel drive.

Rule 3: Cars must be V8 or bigger, with one exception of a turbo v6 found in the Grand National.

And I did not make that last one up, it is actually a club rule.

Add: after researching, I misquoted a bit.

OK so no 4 bangers or FF, got it!

toyotsupra,

You will need (4) cars. Vintage Trans am style race car, Vintage street muscle car. Modern GT race car, then a modern muscle street car. I know it sounds a little complicated. but it really isn't. we only run 2 of the classes at a time, then half way through the season we switch to the other 2.

Refer to the OP, that will explain it a little better. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kal - I love to overcomplicate things ya know......so here's some more b$ for ya......

You said only RWD...does that include 4WD?

And there's a lieu of Lexus' and Infiniti that make the cut lol!!! All FR

Including the SC430,IS F & the LFA

.......So what's the verdict on those???

And....the DeLoraen is RR, is that ok too?

Skeletor27
toyotsupra,

You will need (4) cars. Vintage Trans am style race car, Vintage street muscle car. Modern GT race car, then a modern muscle street car. I know it sounds a little complicated. but it really isn't. we only run 2 of the classes at a time, then half way through the season we switch to the other 2.

Refer to the OP, that will explain it a little better. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Oh no it doesn't matter

I'll take this one, there's no 🤬'n way we are racing that piece of 🤬 LFA ! And I don't believe any of the Lexus or Infinty should be allowed. Next we'd be letting Toyota in...think we ought ta just put a stop to it now.

The Delorean is fine, but if you chose it then you must sing us that 'Huey Lewis' song while your driving.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back