Answers To All Of Your GT4 Questions

• Thread starter usernamed
  • 724 comments
I don't know if anyone has this but are there any race mods ala GT1 & GT2 in this game. I used to enjoy doing the race mods.

Just a question about the physics. When you drive a powerful RWD car and you accelerate out of a corner, is there wheelspin so you actually have to watch your throttle to prevent spinning? Or is there always some kind of traction control even if you've disabled it. Same question for ABS, when you fully press the brake pedal/button, do your wheels lock?
These are some basic requirements for a decent sim IMHO, I've watched some incar videos but the cars seem to behave pretty arcadish to me.
thanks in advance.

Civicterror
jow people, i'm such a noob in here...(for 4 days now)...

butta, the Honda Civic...i know there are allot of them in gt4, but..

is there also a Civic Coupe or 5 doors Sedan?

i'f someone can answer this question, i would be verry happy!! :dopey:

greetz, Civicterror a.k.a Bass Design

NO NO NO
The only choice are hatchbacks (3 doors).
I really hope they bring back the EK4 4drs and EG9 or even DB8R 4drs

They have those Toyota corolla wagons and Mazda 3, why don't they bring back the legendary 4drs racer

GTP hasnt been loading for me since a few days, so its been hard to catch up. It seems as if its different place. So much text to read and info to drool upon.
Anyway I'll cut short to my question, I apologize if its been asked b4 and answered, but please cut me some slack!!!

Q. Can we save between PitStops in Endurance races or something?

I am not sure if I can leave my PS2 running for 24 hours without someone switching of the console. A save option would be really appreciated in the Endurance Races.. Please someone confirm this! :)

yes, you can save game during a pit stop.

I have another question. There was once topic with translations to english of the GT4 Manual with some quite big images. Can anyone post the link to it. I used search, but nothing comes up. Thank you very much!

noup. that is the translation of the game.

There is a few pages included with game. A short manual. Only in chinese/japan. SOmeone on the forum decided to translate the whole manual.

after being announced that GT4 won't be released in Britain until late spring 2004, I nearly killed myself.

This is terrible news, it really pissed me off, because as i write this, I should be playing it. Then, the Playstation Magazine announced that the Online mode would probably not exist in Britain. This pissed me off even more, but now, I have heard that the Nurburgring (Nordscheiffe) in Germany has been dropped from GT4!!! :ouch:

Please can some one comfort me and prove that this is a rumour. If not, I'm going to Japan to nuke everyone at Polyphony. OK, so maybe I won't, but I'm done with waiting.

A reply would be much appreciated... :)

ash6660
after being announced that GT4 won't be released in Britain until late spring 2004, I nearly killed myself.

This is terrible news, it really pissed me off, because as i write this, I should be playing it. Then, the Playstation Magazine announced that the Online mode would probably not exist in Britain. This pissed me off even more, but now, I have heard that the Nurburgring (Nordscheiffe) in Germany has been dropped from GT4!!! :ouch:

Please can some one comfort me and prove that this is a rumour. If not, I'm going to Japan to nuke everyone at Polyphony. OK, so maybe I won't, but I'm done with waiting.

The game has been delayed till fall this year. There will be no cars in GT4 but boats. And al the circuits have been replaced by lakes.

So please read a couple of topics before posting these sorts of questions. Really, some topics have Nurburgring in their name. Wouldn't be a bad idea to look in those topics, would it?

sheruken
GTP hasnt been loading for me since a few days, so its been hard to catch up. It seems as if its different place. So much text to read and info to drool upon.
Anyway I'll cut short to my question, I apologize if its been asked b4 and answered, but please cut me some slack!!!

Q. Can we save between PitStops in Endurance races or something?

I am not sure if I can leave my PS2 running for 24 hours without someone switching of the console. A save option would be really appreciated in the Endurance Races.. Please someone confirm this! :)

From Hyde's posts, No, you cannot save during a pit stop, even in endurences.

Weebo
is there a free ride mode?

Yes. If you go in GT Mode, and select circuit racing, you can pay to do some free laps.

ash6660

Yes online was removed (explained in the first posts) :grumpy:

anyone think that GT4 will have a bundle pack with console (official) on release (Australia prefered) like GT4: P?

My PS2 dies and I opened her up and she needs a new laser component :( I don't wanna buy a new PS2 and find a bundle is out on release.

edit: How long till I'm not a 'new' member? I've been here for months.

ixnay
How long till I'm not a 'new' member? I've been here for months.

Well, I've been lurking around here for YEARS. Sometimes it is better to just read than to post. This avoids invoking the wrath of the plethora of mod-wannabes that constantly patrol these threads looking to criticize 'new members' with condescending posts. The ranking system apparently awards those who post the most, not those that have been here the longest....it could use some improvement.

TigJackson
The ranking system apparently awards those who post the most, not those that have been here the longest....it could use some improvement.

Yeh, I agree. Still, it'd be quite tricky. I, for example, have been a HUUUUUUUGE GT fan since GT1 was released, but haven't had unlimited internet access for very long. Consequently I have only just joined GTP forums, and I too find the ranking a bit annoying.
Oh well, I think it's as good as it can be, and there's no chance of it changing, so never mind. It's not too bad.

Having your own avatar isn't really that important guys, if you have a real concern about the system here send an e-mail to Jordan but theres no point in discussing it here because neither me or you can do anything about it.

XLR8
Just a question about the physics. When you drive a powerful RWD car and you accelerate out of a corner, is there wheelspin so you actually have to watch your throttle to prevent spinning? Or is there always some kind of traction control even if you've disabled it. Same question for ABS, when you fully press the brake pedal/button, do your wheels lock?
These are some basic requirements for a decent sim IMHO, I've watched some incar videos but the cars seem to behave pretty arcadish to me.
thanks in advance.

bump

Do you mind me asking why you've bumped a sticky thread? The sticky threads never dissapear into the realms of page 2 and beyond.

live4speed
Do you mind me asking why you've bumped a sticky thread? The sticky threads never dissapear into the realms of page 2 and beyond.

Why the hell do you care. Anyway, questions posted after my question have already been answered and mine hasn't. I don't think anyone will still read & answer my question without me reminding of it.

I think the cars looked arcadish because the user was driving with the dual shock 2, but if u use the wheel its very realistic.

XLR8
Why the hell do you care. Anyway, questions posted after my question have already been answered and mine hasn't. I don't think anyone will still read & answer my question without me reminding of it.
Bit touchy arn't we, I was asking incase you didn't know about sticky threads. There are people around who don't.

I was wondering if anyone could answer a question I have about B-Spec mode? If you are, let's say, in B-Spec mode during the 24 hour Nurburgring race, are you then able to take over yourself and switch to A-Spec mode, so that you can drive the car yourself? Thanks :)

Latest Posts

Back