Answers To All Of Your GT4 Questions

• Thread starter usernamed
  • 724 comments
XPLOSV
What are the differences between the N1,2,3 and S1,2,3 tyres?
Is N1 the best or N3?

Cheers.

Check the translated screens for their names, and you will know the answer. The difference is the stiffness, grip and durability.

maskrider
D-pad is the digital up/down/left/right buttons.

Technically I think the D-pad is actually Analogue!!

Albeit almost impossible to use analogue... much like the buttons!!

C.

Hey..just wondering. Is there any way to change your drivers appearance? I've seen a few screenshots that have a different outfit than the one I always see in my game. (Im not talking about different time periods...im talking modern day racing suit. Mine ir orange and blue in the game, but I have seen some that are black and blue)

Thanks!

(Speaking of different time periods...why is it in some videos it shows the Shelby Cobra with a modern driver, yet in the game you have to play as the guy with the big tin helmet? Ugh!...any way to change it? I cant translate through the menus)

Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere, I did a search and didn't find the answer.. I've bought a set of wheel of the day wheels for one of my cars, I'm not keen on the wheels now I have seen them on the car, does anyone know how to change back to my stock rims? :indiff:

Cheers! 👍

what is the best car to tune, i want a car with over 1000PS, wich car is it
in GT3 was the RUF GTR, you can tune hem over the 1016PS

what is the best car in GT4
please help thnx :indiff:

welshgtlover
Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere, I did a search and didn't find the answer.. I've bought a set of wheel of the day wheels for one of my cars, I'm not keen on the wheels now I have seen them on the car, does anyone know how to change back to my stock rims? :indiff:

Cheers! 👍
AFAIK, I don't think there is a way to change back to the stock rims. Maybe try looking in the Wheel of the Day every now and then?

XPLOSV
What are the differences between the N1,2,3 and S1,2,3 tyres?
Is N1 the best or N3?

Cheers.
N1, 2, 3 are normal tires. S1, 2, 3 are sport tires. Level 1 tires won't grip as much, but are less prone to wear. Level 3 tires grip well, but wear out faster. Level 2 is in between. Which one is best depends on your driving style, drivetrain, which track you're racing on, and the number of laps for the race.

Ryosuke_Gumna, as far as I know (have driven a few cars around the ring), there is no brake fade.

Just a quick question regarding PHOTOMODE.
Does a compatible USB drive need to be plugged in for photomode to be active?

And how do you actually get into photomode after a lap in time trial in arcade mode?

Help appreciated.
Cheers

PS, thanks DRT2RM. The N3's on the M3 at the ring is hella fun!

XPLOSV
Ryosuke_Gumna, as far as I know (have driven a few cars around the ring), there is no brake fade.

And how do you actually get into photomode after a lap in time trial in arcade mode?

Help appreciated.
Cheers

N/P.

You don't need to have to have a memory stick plugged in to use the photo mode (you can also save on memory card as well). Only when you want to transfer the image(s) to a USB memory stick does it need to be plugged in.

To get into photo mode after a lap in time trial in arcade mode, save the replay (assuming you can -- not sure since I haven't done time trial in arcade mode), then enter replay theater. Watch the replay and press Select to enter photo mode.

XPLOSV

Help appreciated.
Cheers

Alright, thanks for the information.

bacalhau
thanks, thanks, thanks...

and a last question for now....can i save'em in memory card?? the photos of course!
Yes you can, memory card or memory stick.

usernamed
Why don't you have a memory card? And why play GT Mode if you don't have one?
I second this notion. Why wouldn't you have a memory card? You sorta need one to accomplish any progress in any game...

Its just I dont want to save on the memory card as I dont plan on making any progress in GT mode with my 'japanese edition' GT4.
I cant understand a word on the screen and would have to constantly refer to maskriders translations so would rather wait for the Australian release.

So untill then I'll just use arcade mode.

But then again, Its going to be 2 months before the AUS release so I might just play around in GT mode but I WILL NOT compete in any races.

I just wanted to do some mods on GT mode to a cheap car just to see what it was like and compare the effects to GT3 etc etc.

Ryosuke_Gumna
Question : In Arcade Mode, does it have all the cars? And when we choose the car in arcade mode, does it have "Racing of Drift" ?
No arcade doesnt have all the cars. Just a few.
There is to 'racing or drift' mode but if you choose tyers (n1 is the least grippiest), you can get the car sideways.

Driving the ring in an M3 with N2 tyres is AWESOME. Getting the rear to jump out on a 150km/h kink and correcting it just makes you wanna hell out with joy (seriously).

XPLOSV
No arcade doesnt have all the cars. Just a few.
There is to 'racing or drift' mode but if you choose tyers (n1 is the least grippiest), you can get the car sideways.

Driving the ring in an M3 with N2 tyres is AWESOME. Getting the rear to jump out on a 150km/h kink and correcting it just makes you wanna hell out with joy (seriously).
Oh! Nice, thanks a lot XPLOSV!!

I got 2 questions.

1. How do you win more cars in arcade mode?

2. In arcade mode when choosing cars, you can select three area's from the top most part of the screen. Theres the normal cars, then there's that time line with a few cars (Whats that about) and then there is this icon to the right which I cant select, what is it?

Help appreciated.

Back