Answers To All Of Your GT4 Questions

• Thread starter usernamed
  • 724 comments
XPLOSV
I got 2 questions.

1. How do you win more cars in arcade mode?

2. In arcade mode when choosing cars, you can select three area's from the top most part of the screen. Theres the normal cars, then there's that time line with a few cars (Whats that about) and then there is this icon to the right which I cant select, what is it?

Help appreciated.
You unlock cars in arcade mode by buying or winning the respective car in the GT mode, and you unlock the tracks by building up your A-Spec points.

Now I may be a little wrong here, but in the arcade mode you choose cars from 3 categories, Unlocked, prize and favoroutes. Favoroutes is probably the one you can't select since youd need to add cars to it yourself. As I said though I may be wrong cos I haven't used arcade mode much at my mates.

live4speed
You unlock cars in arcade mode by buying or winning the respective car in the GT mode, and you unlock the tracks by building up your A-Spec points.

Now I may be a little wrong here, but in the arcade mode you choose cars from 3 categories, Unlocked, prize and favoroutes. Favoroutes is probably the one you can't select since youd need to add cars to it yourself. As I said though I may be wrong cos I haven't used arcade mode much at my mates.
It could also be unlocked as I havent unlocked anything yet. I'll see if I can add some cars to favourites and see what I get.

Cheers

Ok, just found it.
It seams that its the favourites according to this picture:
http://gallery.felixmcli.org/albums/gt4tr/car_select.jpg

Thanks for the help live4speed.

Whats abit odd in arcade mode is that once a car is selected, you can modifiy it by way od adding more HP (Usually around 20% at the most) and reducing weight (again, around 20%).
http://gallery.felixmcli.org/albums/gt4tr/quick_tune.jpg

I'm gonna try B-spec mode soon and see what its like.

Just another thing I thougt I'd mention. At the nurburgring, the curbs are pretty harsh (like they are in real life) in that if you take a low to the ground car like a JGTC car and ride the curb, the car gets REALLY unsettled. You got to be really careful or you'll spin out.

i havent see anything so far or even heard anyone menchion it but does anyone know of racing modification on GT4?

I have qustions about the cars if someone could help me....

*Does the Viper GTS have a ALL BLACK paintjob WITHOUT stripes?
* Does the Dodge Ram 1500 Have a ALL BLACK paintjob?
* Can you buy the Dodge chargers and do they have ALL BLACK paintjob too?

thanks if you can help and have the game, I just cant seem to get an answer for these ?s

NightWolfDKM
I have qustions about the cars if someone could help me....

*Does the Viper GTS have a ALL BLACK paintjob WITHOUT stripes?
* Does the Dodge Ram 1500 Have a ALL BLACK paintjob?
* Can you buy the Dodge chargers and do they have ALL BLACK paintjob too?

thanks if you can help and have the game, I just cant seem to get an answer for these ?s

iT has with sTRIpeS, but i dont think there is without

Does anyone know if the audi A4 DTM can be tuned up, or that it is only there in standard mode. if it can be tuned, what is it max power?

I should think so, you can tune other DTM and race cars in GT4 so I don't see any reason you wouldn't be able to tune the A4 DTM.

What races are in the World Championship, how long are they, and what sort of cars do we race? I'm rather curious because I've just finished the World Championships in GT2 ...

I have never played a GT game before so my question might be dumb. Can I (just for fun) race a GNX against a PT Cruiser? Just those two cars? I want to show my mom how crappy and slow her car is.

Reilly311
I have never played a GT game before so my question might be dumb. Can I (just for fun) race a GNX against a PT Cruiser? Just those two cars? I want to show my mom how crappy and slow her car is.

i never played any of the good GTs (1,2,3,4). I've only played GT concept, but from the time I spent playing it, i can say you cant, becoz the cars chosen to race with yours are from the same category and with same atributes (speed accelaration and handling) 👍

Cosmic
Is it true that you can race endurances or races, champions again and again and win the same car more then once?
Yes, it's true - as long as you clear the trophies that you've won.

Reilly311
As long as the cars are unlocked (not sure if they're there from the beginning), yes you can race those two cars against each other in a 2-player battle.

Reilly311
The only way to race just thoes two cars would be in a 2 player race, however if you find an open entry cup, or a cup that will allow both cars to enter, where the AI drives a PT Cruiser, (theres one in the American race hall) you can race your GNX against a PT Cruiser but there would be 4 other cars in the race too.

Can the old VW beetle be tuned, if so what is the max hp? Can a turbo be added? There must be someone on this forum, who has this car in his GT4 garage or has tuned it.

Ive got a question about headlight illumination in GT4. I noticed that in GT3 the headlight illumination really sucked, it didn't appear as if your headlights were on at all and didn't look like they were lighting up any of the road.

Has anyone seen the night racing incar view of GT4?

Thanks.

It's no better in GT4, there is actually no real time lighting given off anything in GT4 much the same as GT3, all the lighting effects are done in the same way as GT3, ie the small texture on the road under the cars headlights to give the effect of light reflecting off the road.

Yes, the VW beetle can be tuned, and a stage 1 turbo can be installed on it. I don't know exactly what the top horsepower is, but probably around 75 ps or so.

Bilgewater
Yes, the VW beetle can be tuned, and a stage 1 turbo can be installed on it. I don't know exactly what the top horsepower is, but probably around 75 ps or so.

Thanks for your info, So i assume the Karmann Ghia can also be tuned.

Back