Assetto Corsa 2 Will be Called "Assetto Corsa Evo", Coming 2024

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 420 comments
Early Access launches on Steam on January 16th 2025.

"Car passion is a state of mind and it's driven by heart!
Assetto Corsa EVO: the next step in the evolution of Assetto Corsa. Early Access starts 16th January 2025. Wishlist now on Steam.
A special thank you to all of our partners
Porsche
Alfa Romeo
RSeat
BBR
BELL
OMP"

Early Access launches on Steam on January 16th 2025.

"Car passion is a state of mind and it's driven by heart!
Assetto Corsa EVO: the next step in the evolution of Assetto Corsa. Early Access starts 16th January 2025. Wishlist now on Steam.
A special thank you to all of our partners
Porsche
Alfa Romeo
RSeat
BBR
BELL
OMP"

Just saw this and a trailer for EVO is supposed to be dropping on the 30th of this month.
I think we are getting close enough for the powers to be to consider to open up an EVO sub forum to start discussing this upcoming title as well.

So, probably releasing on consoles circa 2027 😂
With the prices on the upcoming PS5 PRO reported to be $700U.S.D. and the anniversary model somewhere close to $1000 if they are not careful people will jump ship and go back to PC gaming where they have so many more game choices and some with community modding options along with no limitations on which peripherals they can use because the platform requires a licensing fee to be compatible.

Console gaming one of the big attractions to deal with its limitations was how much cheaper the platform was to buy as compared to a gaming PC.
But with these types of price increases on the console side a gaming pc as powerful or even a bit more powerful is not much different in pricing anymore.

Those financial results - €43.6m of DA (depreciation and amortisation) wiping out their profit is a big hit, but doesn't involve any cash outlay as its just writing down stuff already "paid for", which is presumably why they were able to get the debt down year on year.

Loved the "shelf" display of cars which went from vintage to modern models.
In a clip on the weather the water was actually flowing across the track rather than just being "standing" puddles.

Basically no actual gameplay really being shown but more cutscene type of footage but it does look good.

I do hope the new game engine is better optimized for VR than that used in ACC.

Just enough to get the hopes up and get people starting to look forward to what this new title may be bringing to the table.

Didn't see anything there that AC hasn't already done with CSP. Night, weather, refractions... all currently in AC.
If somebody told me that was AC footage I'd have no trouble believing them.
shrugs
Apart from the significant downgrade of not allowing 'unofficial' modding, I'm not really sure what AC Evo will offer that we don't already have.
A more efficient engine for users with mid-low PCs perhaps?
Better AI?
Time will tell, but that video hardly got my juices flowing.

3.6 Turbo 964 and Morgan Super Wheeler are finest choices for a videogame.
Kudos to Kunos for this trailer, they nailed the meaning of passion of cars (and what a great choice of model cars... hoping some of them are a foreshadow of some cars in game, immagine to get that Tyrrell Six Wheels)

As long as the career mode isn't presented as an afterthought like in AC, I will be happy enough to get it. Probably not when it releases, but soon.

PSVR 2 compatible with steam
In a limited fashion, yes:
and AC Evo?
Unknown.

Didn't see anything there that AC hasn't already done with CSP. Night, weather, refractions... all currently in AC.
shrugs
Apart from the significant downgrade of not allowing 'unofficial' modding, I'm not really sure what AC Evo will offer that we don't already have.
Better AI?
The original AC base game and game engine is now over a decade old and yes through mods has stayed a very relevant game throughout that time frame.
But also due to those years of mods from the original base game players are many times not talking about an apples to apples game when playing is what mods are or are not installed changes the game and its functions, abilities and content so much.

Here with the new title we are resetting the base games starting point which will now out of the box have standard many features it took adding mods to obtain before.

It will be made using a newer game engine and the base game taking advantage from the get go of newer hardware's advance in technology in what can be done and the performance levels that over a decade ago could not even be imagined.
Things like the modeling designed to be displayed on monitor resolutions that over a decade ago did not even exist.

So consider this game a new beginning getting all players on the same page with the same much improved base game out of the box where everyone discussing game play now for a while anyway will be comparing apples to apples in the content they are using.

This will make it easier for the future to be able to perhaps reach levels and features that could not have been considered on the old game engine using a base game designed so long ago.

I think Kunos did actually hire some of the top modders for AC to their staff and if you look at many aspects of ACC and the improvements that game can bring to the table the future is perhaps really bright for the new title.

shrugs
Better AI?
For consoles, I'd say also better integration of online modes. Time trials, races and so on, which are not managed now.
They could get the best from iRacing and GT7 and create their own online world, possibly cross platform.
But I guess this is wishful thinking

The original AC base game and game engine is now over a decade old and yes through mods has stayed a very relevant game throughout that time frame.
But also due to those years of mods from the original base game players are many times not talking about an apples to apples game when playing is what mods are or are not installed changes the game and its functions, abilities and content so much.

Here with the new title we are resetting the base games starting point which will now out of the box have standard many features it took adding mods to obtain before.

It will be made using a newer game engine and the base game taking advantage from the get go of newer hardware's advance in technology in what can be done and the performance levels that over a decade ago could not even be imagined.
Things like the modeling designed to be displayed on monitor resolutions that over a decade ago did not even exist.

So consider this game a new beginning getting all players on the same page with the same much improved base game out of the box where everyone discussing game play now for a while anyway will be comparing apples to apples in the content they are using.

This will make it easier for the future to be able to perhaps reach levels and features that could not have been considered on the old game engine using a base game designed so long ago.

I think Kunos did actually hire some of the top modders for AC to their staff and if you look at many aspects of ACC and the improvements that game can bring to the table the future is perhaps really bright for the new title.
Oh, I know all of that. It's remarkable what's been achieved with the old AC engine. But this video didn't really demonstrate any tangible improvements over what we have with AC and CSP. One could even argue that rain effects didn't look as nice.
And I don't think people realise how limited the car and track choices might be in AC Evo, with only official content and 'approved mods' supported.
This video was Kunos's opportunity to show why AC Evo is a must-have for every AC fan out there, especially after the missteps with Competizione. But there was nothing really new on show.
Maybe there'll be deep dives over the coming months highlighting various advantages, but... first impressions last, and this video didn't really leave me wanting more, as I'm already playing what was showcased.

So is the PSVR 2 compatible with steam and AC Evo? Asking for a friend…
If it supports SteamVR yes.

Edit: 2 more screenshots:
evo-154.jpg

evo-143.jpg

Last edited:
Will this be more arcade based?
At this point it really is not known where this game will land and what it will actually offer.

In the past I always sort of grouped the original AC in with Gran Turismo as a car lovers game, not a hardcore sim but not all arcade either.

Now with the Kunos having dipped their toes more into the actual sim side with ACC I actually hope with EVO we get a car lovers game that also has a side that focuses more on the sim side in drivability and performance with different eras and car classes.

Early release on this game will be in January 2025 and I would not really count on the full release probably for a year after that if things go well.

That is a very good looking video. fingers crossed it delivers in all the areas, but this is enticing.

Went through the trailer and identified what I can to add to my work in progress car list. Anything with a question mark is a guess

Alfa Romeo
• Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA Sprint
• Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm

Alpine
• Alpine A110S
• Alpine A290_ß

BMW
• BMW M4 CSL

Ferrari
• Ferrari 296 GTB
• Ferrari Daytona SP3

Ford