Assetto Corsa 2 Will be Called "Assetto Corsa Evo", Coming 2024

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 442 comments
Went through the trailer and identified what I can to add to my work in progress car list. Anything with a question mark is a guess

Alfa Romeo
• Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA Sprint
• Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm

Alpine
• Alpine A110S
• Alpine A290_ß

BMW
• BMW M4 CSL

Ferrari
• Ferrari 296 GTB
• Ferrari Daytona SP3

Ford
• Ford Fiesta ST Mk8.5 (?)

Hyundai
• Hyundai i20 N
• Hyundai IONIQ 5 N
• Hyundai N Vision 74

Lamborghini
• Lamborghini Huracán STO

Lotus
• Lotus Emira

McLaren
• McLaren 765LT

Mercedes-AMG
• Mercedes-AMG GT2
• Mercedes-AMG SL 63 (?)

Mercedes-Benz
• Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5 - 16 Evo II

Mini
• Rover Mini Cooper S

Morgan
• Morgan Super 3

Porsche
• Porsche 911 Turbo S 'Leichtbau'
• Porsche 911 GT3 Cup

Volkswagen
• Volkswagen Golf I GTI
• Volkswagen Golf VIII GTI

Last edited:
This looks really good I hope they take their time and put a great game from the jump. Hopefully it will be on the consoles eventually

PC specs are on Steam

1727710578073.png

Oh, I know all of that. It's remarkable what's been achieved with the old AC engine. But this video didn't really demonstrate any tangible improvements over what we have with AC and CSP. One could even argue that rain effects didn't look as nice.
And I don't think people realise how limited the car and track choices might be in AC Evo, with only official content and 'approved mods' supported.
This video was Kunos's opportunity to show why AC Evo is a must-have for every AC fan out there, especially after the missteps with Competizione. But there was nothing really new on show.
Maybe there'll be deep dives over the coming months highlighting various advantages, but... first impressions last, and this video didn't really leave me wanting more, as I'm already playing what was showcased.
Yeah but those driver animations though 😜

In all seriousness it’s going to vastly depend on how the modding is implemented/allowed. It definitely looked like there was one scene in the trailer with traffic, which I’d think is a big positive for a lot of people.

The AC engine was pretty good (especially for 2013) so if they update that to use more modern hardware (and more than one CPU core at a time) they could have an even better foundation to build on. We’ll find out in ~3.5 months though!

Oh, I know all of that. It's remarkable what's been achieved with the old AC engine. But this video didn't really demonstrate any tangible improvements over what we have with AC and CSP. One could even argue that rain effects didn't look as nice.
And I don't think people realise how limited the car and track choices might be in AC Evo, with only official content and 'approved mods' supported.
This video was Kunos's opportunity to show why AC Evo is a must-have for every AC fan out there, especially after the missteps with Competizione. But there was nothing really new on show.
Maybe there'll be deep dives over the coming months highlighting various advantages, but... first impressions last, and this video didn't really leave me wanting more, as I'm already playing what was showcased.
First off thanks for all the modding you do for the community. It is so much of what makes this game so great.

But as a person that mainly plays online with others having so much of what now require each person to go through the process of installing mods be a part of the base game is worth a lot and is enough to justify me getting the game on day one. Sure it may not replace all the AC has become but to be honest if you give me 60 awesome cars and 50 tracks that is 3000 combos. That will keep me busy for many years. And nothing will stop me from firing up AC for those occasional hits of something off the wall.

That would be dope if we can indeed drive on public roads with cross traffic. If it’s a non-playable scene to showcase the car, oh well.

It does look intresting, i have a new pc tomorrow so will be ready when it launches, their is talk of free roam maps and traffic, but didint get much look at it in the trailer.

Fun fact, the voice that speaks in the trailer and the person who takes the gloves in the Porsche 911 scene inside a garage is currently the actual boss and co-founder of Kunos, Marco Massarutto, also that Porsche and the classic Alfa Romeo Guilia that is seen in an instant (where you see the steering wheel to make a transition with the steering wheel of a Mercedes in the game) belong to him.

Just noticed the cars have “real mirrors”!
Say no more, take my money.
We are in for a treat.
This video was Kunos's opportunity to show why AC Evo is a must-have for every AC fan out there,
That would have been great, but how realistic is it, for die hards fan of AC like ourselves, with all the add on and optimization, I truly believe that even the almighty Lord Kunos cannot bring to market something better, let alone comparable. AC is the Godzilla of the simulator, it will be a long while before that level is reached.
But for a lot of people, messing around with CSP, Pure and all the options is just too much, so, if AC Evo brings them some of the way to what we enjoy daily, to me, it is job done Kunos.
I can even see that it will even help get more people enjoying AC with the full dressing.

Last edited:
Back