Assetto Corsa 2 Will be Called "Assetto Corsa Evo", Coming 2024

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 486 comments
I am sure that Kunos understands that to keep the title relevant, talked about and attractive to a larger consumer base for a longer period of time that how the online racing aspect appeals to more drivers is an important aspect to obtain that goal.

One of the things that iRacing is always getting recognition as being the best for is their driver rating/matching/ranking system which includes tiered licensing for drivers to advance to higher classes.

Gran Turismo has always gotten a lot right when it comes to their library of available cars, their car graphics modeling, and their car modification shop and the paint/decal shop.

For myself the way GT classify some cars together for racing, take existing real-life classes and insert their real life nonexistent car creations into the mix and the balance at times between the cars is subpar.
Also the rubber band AI and driver matching system which seems to broad in what is many times included in a single event are areas GT needs improvement.

ACC has done well getting a racing sim that is one of the better available titles and the class balance is pretty good.
I personally like the physics in ACC and the tire grip model is near the top in my opinion as well.

In single player the AI for ACC is one of the better currently available iterations where a player can have competition from the AI throughout the field if set up correctly but it can always be improved upon.

Just from listening to what Kunos is saying and showing I think they are building EVO in the spirit of the original AC but may well be looking at what other titles have done both well and bad and incorporating hopefully what they see as the strong points while avoiding the lesser traits.

I would love to see a single title that incorporates the best features from the currently top games available all in one title and I am sure that is what Kunos is striving to do.
Of course whether they pull it off remains to be seen but I like what I am hearing as to what they are attempting to accomplish so far.

Last edited:
I am sure that Kunos understands that to keep the title relevant, talked about and attractive to a larger consumer base for a longer period of time that how the online racing aspect appeals to more drivers is an important aspect to obtain that goal.

One of the things that iRacing is always getting recognition as being the best for is their driver rating/matching/ranking system which includes tiered licensing for drivers to advance to higher classes.

Gran Turismo has always gotten a lot right when it comes to their library of available cars, their car graphics modeling, and their car modification shop and the paint/decal shop.

For myself the way GT classify some cars together for racing, take existing real-life classes and insert their real life nonexistent car creations into the mix and the balance at times between the cars is subpar.
Also the rubber band AI and driver matching system which seems to broad in what is many times included in a single event are areas GT needs improvement.

ACC has done well getting a racing sim that is one of the better available titles and the class balance is pretty good.
I personally like the physics in ACC and the tire grip model is near the top in my opinion as well.

In single player the AI for ACC is one of the better currently available iterations where a player can have competition from the AI throughout the field if set up correctly but it can always be improved upon.

Just from listening to what Kunos is saying and showing I think they are building EVO in the spirit of the original AC but may well be looking at what other titles have done both well and bad and incorporating hopefully what they see as the strong points while avoiding the lesser traits.

I would love to see a single title that incorporates the best features from the currently top games available all in one title and I am sure that is what Kunos is striving to do.
Of course whether they pull it off remains to be seen but I like what I am hearing as to what they are attempting to accomplish so far.

Not Really :rolleyes:

Why roll your eyes. Both AC games allow players to jump in cars freely. There are some players that prefer that way to access cars. Sure, some players like the GT and Forza way of buying and or unlocking cars after tasks. It doesn’t bother me either way, but for Assetto Corsa that seems like the most brutal thing about a feature that comes to mind, but again, I don’t know.

This article gives me even more hope that EVO will actually combine the things as a community we have been asking/begging for it seems forever under one title.

I also really like the answer as far as they are trying to design the game to be able to adapt to technology and hardware advances over the coming years.

I think one thing that will become more popular is a smaller group of friends will get together and create races and/or leagues that will combine a more limited number of human drivers using AI to fill the ranks and still create sizeable fields.
This way you can have the online experience with like-minded friends/drivers that share the same what is acceptable clean racing ideas while still having a full grid and avoiding the sometimes toxic drivers that enjoy creating wreck fest that you encounter when racing regular public lobbies online.

As far as licensing and racing for any type of online racing I fully agree and support being limited by license class and a safety rating to allow admittance into more advanced classes of racing defined by both driver/car requirements.

Offline I would prefer an open option with no limitations and in the event of a career or achievement mode then earning those advancements through gameplay would give the sense of accomplishment and advancement many gamers desire.

This article again at least gives the impression that Kunos is striving to take the next step in sim racing/game development to hopefully bring the entire package of online competition/ single player/offline play into a single package better than it has been done before with the ability to get even better as AI and hardware technology moves forward.

I think you will EVENTUALLY see community modding but it will be a number of years for the most part as there will be DLC packages made available that will broaden the scope and probably the cars/racing classes along with adding additional circuits as they go.

Kunos has done well when focusing on certain classes and appropriate circuits for those classes in some of their DLC packages for ACC.
I for one am fine with DLC packages if the packages offer good content and value for its price as they then keep my initial investment in the game alive and fresh being played rather than sitting unused on my game library shelf.

Also a well thought out and implemented DLC package if you like the content buy it, if not skip it as any changes which affect game mechanics or physics should be given to ALL owners of the game in a free update and not included only in a bought package.

The more I hear the more I am looking forward to the title being launched.

Why roll your eyes. Both AC games allow players to jump in cars freely. There are some players that prefer that way to access cars. Sure, some players like the GT and Forza way of buying and or unlocking cars after tasks. It doesn’t bother me either way, but for Assetto Corsa that seems like the most brutal thing about a feature that comes to mind, but again, I don’t know.
I was referring to the possibility of having an open world with traffic and free roaming in a simulator, that's something that no one has done so far (not counting mods).

Back