Assetto Corsa 2 Will be Called "Assetto Corsa Evo", Coming 2024

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 610 comments
I think this will be an amazing game!

But I think it will be an amazing game in 2026, and I'm happy to wait for 1.0. Both Kunos specifically and the genre in general have not got a great track record with early access, and I don't expect this to be any different. I think that expecting ACE to be a polished, fully-featured experience in January is a bit naïve.

But when it's fully ready, I'm definitely happy to give it a whirl.

I think this will be an amazing game!

But I think it will be an amazing game in 2026, and I'm happy to wait for 1.0. Both Kunos specifically and the genre in general have not got a great track record with early access, and I don't expect this to be any different. I think that expecting ACE to be a polished, fully-featured experience in January is a bit naïve.

But when it's fully ready, I'm definitely happy to give it a whirl.
Who is expecting it to be fully polished on
day one of an early release? They have already said it will only have 20 cars and 5 tracks

Last edited:
Who is expecting it to be fully polished on
day one of an early release? They have already said it will only have 20 cars and 5 tracks
Interesting. Reminds me of GT5P and where GTS started at. I would have thought they'd at least start with all the ACC tracks 🤷‍♂️

Jerome

How many cars and tracks in EA and 1.0 version of the game?
In Early Access they're aiming for no less than 20 cars and 5 tracks. Version 1.0 is still unknown, but will include a variety of different types of road cars, and also a variety of all kinds of race cars from touring cars to F1.

Looks great.

It also sends a message to PD that other companies are able and “allowed” to build games that are “the real driving simulator”.

I hope Ac Evo releases with a full content package, not omitting tracks and cars of the past like GT7 did.

I was desperately looking forward to EVO this year because it'd be the only racing game that wouldn't disappoint me in some way (I've absolutely no reason to even be remotely weary of Kunos at the moment; please don't change that :lol: ), but waiting until January to have a crack at this isn't that bad.

Procedurally generated freeroam tracks is something innovative to the genre, is it not? I can't recall any other racing sim having that in its official branch of features.

Back