Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Do people actually use the face buttons for gas/brake? That sounds nasty.

I used to, because I was used to it from early GT days. It worked well on the DS2 and DS3 when the face buttons were pressure sensitive. It doesn't work so well on DS4. And games are moving away from supporting face buttons for gas/brake in favor of the triggers. I find I have more control with my thumb than index fingers. But it's not really much of a concern since PS3 when I started using a wheel.

Tbh my confidence isn't shaken, I'm confident the game will progressively get better in all departments. Also on ACs fb page they said red pack will not be out on day one in a reply to a question, but they also said they didn't know when the porsche pack is coming, whilst Marco told us September.

September is for the PC release. I believe they said the console version could lag a month or two behind the PC so it might be a couple months later when the Wolfsberg cars arrive on the consoles.

September is for the PC release. I believe they said the console version could lag a month or two behind the PC so it might be a couple months later when the Wolfsberg cars arrive on the consoles.
the lag depends on how long the screening takes from microsoft and sony. I cant remember for microsoft but sony was between 1.5weeks to a month that being said that is for game patches, im not sure about dlc additions if they are treated the same

the lag depends on how long the screening takes from microsoft and sony. I cant remember for microsoft but sony was between 1.5weeks to a month that being said that is for game patches, im not sure about dlc additions if they are treated the same

That's true, DLC's probably don't have to go through the same approval process as an update so hopefully the delay won't be too long.

i just realised though that dlc cars from kunos tend to have updated physics in some way compared to the other content so the update would have to come. I can only hope that if the game is successful it will get screened with higher priority or something like that. Why cant they adopt steam's method of just using a standard av scanner, on console you pay for the patch and then have to wait, its worse in every way.

Hoping AC will keep me away from Rocket League, everyone is just too good now :lol:

I literally haven't touched my rig since 4th of July weekend 2015 :eek: But I am hoping to hit the ground running with AC. I dabbled with the PC version a couple years ago in Beta and loved it, but my PC didn't :ouch:

Jerome

Will this be possible in the console version of AC with the Mclaren P1 @0:11

Will what be possible? A track day like what's shown in the video? Yes... The Tourist setup for Nordschleife is included. That video is from a very old version of Assetto Corsa. Physics & Tires have improved since then.

Will what be possible? A track day like what's shown in the video? Yes... The Tourist setup for Nordschleife is included. That video is from a very old version of Assetto Corsa. Physics & Tires have improved since then.
Sorry i meant having the P1s back spoiler down? it would be pretty cool and the first game where that would be possible.

Sorry i meant having the P1s back spoiler down? it would be pretty cool and the first game where that would be possible.
DRS? Yes, I think it should be in the game. It would be crazy without it. Three Ferrari F1 cars have it.

DRS? Yes, I think it should be in the game. It would be crazy without it. Three Ferrari F1 cars have it.
:rolleyes: No i meant the spoiler going all the way down, PC has DRS and the spoiler never goes all the way down on the P1
mclaren-p1.2000x1500.Mar-05-2013_22.43.46.184154.jpg

That's what i mean you cant do that in PC or DC :indiff:

i am pretty sure i was in some form of mclaren in DC that had drs once in one of those endurance events. i am not sure, but as far as i know, isnt the spoiler on the p1 a passive thing, kind of like the front bits on a huayra? tbh, my car knowledge isnt great by any means.

Yes drs is available for the p1. Drs though doesnt make the spoiler go down, its just adjusts the angle of the spoiler and locks it at that angle while the height of the spoiler is still dependant on the speed.

Active aero is pretty bloody awesome in AC and you guys are in for a treat when you see how smooth it is compared to every other game in the market, AC has the raw code for the active aero profiles for the huayra and the p1

Ignore the old sounds and lack of camera movement for the huayra as they have changed now but notice the difference between manual animation and code from the real thing.

As I've said above, the temporal AA isn't their regular AA, it's used in conjunction with a regular AA method. Static images won't be affected by temporal AA, as the ghosting occurs when things are moving across the screen.

I just hope they give the option to turn it off. Or even better, have a slider like Pcars. That way people can find their own preference for middle ground between screen tearing and ghosting.

Temporal AA (as implemented in Pcars) is just one of AA methods which can work on some displays and with some people (everyone have different perception) and it can have effect on tearing in a way and that's beacause it is less demanding on hardware. DigitalFoundry tested this in Pcars and turning on Temporal AA made game run few fps faster, I prefered better AA with temporal AA turned off.

If this method of AA is implemented in AC and can not be turned off, it's serious issue for me.

But maybe in your example we just see badly made 30 fps video from 60 fps source (two merged frames)? I saw 60fps video bellow from supposedly "near final" AC and I don't see any ghosting but lots of tearing. I will wait for DigitalFoundry test before buying AC.

Nice video from Santander bank with Sebastian Vettel showing a person how to drive a formula one... The game used for it is assetto corsa (has been twitted on the official twitter account of AC)

No wonder he kept crashing, his eyes were closed the whole time!

Active aero is pretty bloody awesome in AC and you guys are in for a treat when you see how smooth it is compared to every other game in the market, AC has the raw code for the active aero profiles for the huayra and the p1

Ignore the old sounds and lack of camera movement for the huayra as they have changed now but notice the difference between manual animation and code from the real thing.

This video highlights an amateur mistake I've noticed on some of the AC cars--namely, the wrong lights light up when you hit the brakes. In the Huayra video, the PCars model is correct, while the AC model lights up 1/3 of the taillights under braking.
The other one that caught my eye in some videos was the Yellowbird, which lights up the rear fogs under braking in AC. Minor, but irritating if you know what you're looking at.

This video highlights an amateur mistake I've noticed on some of the AC cars--namely, the wrong lights light up when you hit the brakes. In the Huayra video, the PCars model is correct, while the AC model lights up 1/3 of the taillights under braking.
The other one that caught my eye in some videos was the Yellowbird, which lights up the rear fogs under braking in AC. Minor, but irritating if you know what you're looking at.
Yes you arent the only one to have noticed that, its a weird oddity which somehow hasnt been fixed even though its been reported multiple times.

either i read what you said wrong, or i am missing something. in that comparison, it looks clear to me pcars and ac are both lighting up 1/3 of the rear lights under braking. in specific, the innermost light on the left and right side.

either i read what you said wrong, or i am missing something. in that comparison, it looks clear to me pcars and ac are both lighting up 1/3 of the rear lights under braking. in specific, the innermost light on the left and right side.

The center of the circle is the brake light, the outer ring is the taillight. AC picked the wrong one.

For some reason I thought that the tail light issue was actually not an issue - it just depended on whether you turned your headlights on or off. I think someone might have told me that, now that I think about it. I must give him 100 lashes!

Back