Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X in 2021

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 2,225 comments
So I know we've been discussing the 2024 season new cars and whether ACC would get them...

Well today Kunos dropped the new Ford Mustang GT3 as a free PC update on steam:

I'm sure it'll be hitting console very soon too.

As far as I'm aware, we now have the entire GTWC Europe field of car models, except for the brand new Aston Martin Vantage GT3 Evo. At least based on the wiki page:

Details on the new AM, which was designed for both replacing the old GT3 as for replacing the old GTE Le Mans/IMSA/FIA GT car:

What do you think? Will we get the Vantage GT3 Evo as part of a 2024 season/livery update, or have to live without it?

Last edited:
Definitely not complaining. So weird still not to get the Supra. Oh well real nice to have the M4 and Mustang.

The other day I think in the ACE thread I said that they supposedly had to release for ACC the 2024 GTWC European Championship liveries and something else after the Nords DLC and before ACE, I don't know why but I knew that something else was going to be this Mustang lol, and I didn't expect it as free content really, if not as part of a DLC pack with the 2024 liveries.

I give Kunos a lot of slack for the game's lacking a proper online infrastructure ingame, bugs, cp servers being dead, challenges being dead on console, and whatnot.

But on track they really excel. From sound, to graphics, to hadling, variety of tracks and cars on a confined sro license, prices of most dlc.

I hope they can improve on the rest in ac2 and really give us the complete package.

Used the GT4 M4 in a British GT grid at N24. Dry conditions for one lap. 90/90 AI.

Just something I’m noticing with me. Not a comparison of which is better or more realistic or prettier or more accurate.

ACC physics just allow me use more of the tarmac than curbing in corners. Compared to driving N24 in GT7, in PSVR2 I can place the car with more precision as in ACC than GT7 flatscreen. Flatscreen(hoodcam) I feel I have to use the curbing. Flatscreen(cockpit) I’ve lost the feeling of the game and that’s the view I used the most in flatscreen.

Tonight I drove the Mustang for the first time. It reminds me a lot of the Bentley when you apply power out of corners. It wants to lose it's rear end just like the Bentley. I drove it at Laguna Seca. I got hammered pretty badly by the AI leader so I don't want to say the Mustang is slow just yet. It could have just been one of those weird things.

Tonight I drove the Mustang for the first time. It reminds me a lot of the Bentley when you apply power out of corners. It wants to lose it's rear end just like the Bentley. I drove it at Laguna Seca. I got hammered pretty badly by the AI leader so I don't want to say the Mustang is slow just yet. It could have just been one of those weird things.
Oh snap I didn't know the Mustang was available on consoles already? Cool have to take it for a spin when I get a chance

Did you guys saw the simgrid seasons announcement? Daily races on consoles. This could be the LFM like experience us console users were waiting for. I haven't played ACC for months, but this has definitely picked my interest.

I'll give it a go tonight.

Played some last night I used the Ferrari for the 1st time at Laguna Seca in some TT. I haven't played in awhile and it really showed. I was playing like I was playing GT7 🤣 . The FF back through the Dualsense is rough. I need to turn it down a little bit or may play a bit more so I get used to it. I have say I enjoy the feedback in this game

kjb
Played some last night I used the Ferrari for the 1st time at Laguna Seca in some TT. I haven't played in awhile and it really showed. I was playing like I was playing GT7 🤣 . The FF back through the Dualsense is rough. I need to turn it down a little bit or may play a bit more so I get used to it. I have say I enjoy the feedback in this game
You can turn the vibration down to low and it will still feel good. I really like the rumble implementation on the dualsense for this game. Other racers feel dead in comparison

Update.012 released today on PS5. Any idea what it is?

Attachments

• 20240701_174026.jpg
    20240701_174026.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Since the last update the game doesn't recognize my pedals any more. 😱 Has anyone problems since then? Everything else is there (Personal stats, liveries).

Does this update anything else? Maybe even better?!? 🤨

I'm wondering if I'll get the challengers cup cars series dlc, on sale 50%.
Seems the gt2 dlc has more different cars vs the usual gt3,4 car models, whereas challengers it's similar models.
I know cup cars are more road cars with small added race parts, and security features, so it's different driving, but i dont know, maybe it's too similar to gt4?
I have that gt4 pack already.

So i might wait for the gt2 dlc on a good sale.
Im not using acc all that much, i should play it again before deciding i guess.
Maybe try the cup and gt4, gt2 cars in ac to see the difference, even if it's an older game.
Must be some of each series in ac, i can't remember just now.

Honestly im more excited for acevo and gtrevival.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if I'll get the challengers cup cars series dlc, on sale 50%.
Seems the gt2 dlc has more different cars vs the usual gt3,4 car models, whereas challengers it's similar models.
I know cup cars are more road cars with small added race parts, and security features, so it's different driving, but i dont know, maybe it's too similar to gt4?
I have that gt4 pack already.

So i might wait for the gt2 dlc on a good sale.
Im not using acc all that much, i should play it again before deciding i guess.
Maybe try the cup and gt4, gt2 cars in ac to see the difference, even if it's an older game.
Must be some of each series in ac, i can't remember just now.

Honestly im more excited for acevo and gtrevival.
GT2 cars are about 1-2 seconds per lap slower than GT3, due to having more horsepower and less aero.
GT4 cars are about 10 seconds per lap slower than GT3, due to having less horsepower and much less aero.

The challengers pack has:
  • Ferrari 488 Evo, balanced to be in the GT2 class
  • The Lambo Super Trofeo, balanced to be in the GT2 class
  • The BMW M2, much slower than anything else in the game (more of a momentum touring car type than a powerful GT car - works really well on the tighter and slower tracks like in the UK track pack)
  • The Porsche Cup car, a little slower than GT2 but comes with no TC so it's a handful (like the Maserati in the GT3 class)

So yeah, it's all about whether you like GT2 or GT4 driving. Both of them have less aero than GT3 so they are faster on the straights but you need to break earlier and you can't drive out of the corner as aggressively. It's enjoyable enough and they do have differences due to the differing capabilities. If I were to pick one class I'd probably go for GT4 since it's more different from GT3.

Last edited:
GT2 cars are about 1-2 seconds per lap slower than GT3, due to having more horsepower and less aero.
GT4 cars are about 10 seconds per lap slower than GT3, due to having less horsepower and much less aero.

The challengers pack has:
  • Ferrari 488 Evo, balanced to be in the GT2 class
  • The Lambo Super Trofeo, balanced to be in the GT2 class
  • The BMW M2, much slower than anything else in the game (more of a momentum touring car type than a powerful GT car - works really well on the tighter and slower tracks like in the UK track pack)
  • The Porsche Cup car, a little slower than GT2 but comes with no TC so it's a handful (like the Maserati in the GT3 class)

So yeah, it's all about whether you like GT2 or GT4 driving. Both of them have less aero than GT3 so they are faster on the straights but you need to break earlier and you can't drive out of the corner as aggressively. It's enjoyable enough and they do have differences due to the differing capabilities. If I were to pick one class I'd probably go for GT4 since it's more different from GT3.
Thanks for the good reply, well i prefer i think gt4 generally, more feel, less stable, vs gt3.

So it seems you're saying the challenger pack has cars similar in specs to gt2, and those are maybe even more of a fun challenge than gt4.

Only thing is gt2 pack has more different car models, with different sounds, feel etc i guess, so it be the most tempting.
I'll probably cave in and get challengers dlc too if low enough.😁
Thanks.

The pack with the M2 is worth it for that car alone, especially as a fan of more old school feeling M cars.

Tempted to keep an eye out for one in the real world, that or a 1M.
I wonder how many purchase real cars due to influence of driving in a sim?

Uhhhh wait wit??!!!!
IMG_5063.jpeg
IMG_5064.jpeg

My wife just bought a Ford Falcon today and I thought I’d drive some Fords in GT7. Finished that up and had another thought to just boot up ACC and have a steer of a GT4 car. Clicked on Open Series and what the heck! The Mustang GT3 is available! Nice!

Uhhhh wait wit??!!!!
View attachment 1381753View attachment 1381754

My wife just bought a Ford Falcon today and I thought I’d drive some Fords in GT7. Finished that up and had another thought to just boot up ACC and have a steer of a GT4 car. Clicked on Open Series and what the heck! The Mustang GT3 is available! Nice!
I like that livery. The only one I found was the German one in the open series. I have go back and look

Yeah so weird we didn't get an announcement about it. Well, in gtplanet anyway. I thought the update in July was going to add it, but didn't happen.

Did PC users get the Mustang GT4 as well?

Yeah so weird we didn't get an announcement about it. Well, in gtplanet anyway. I thought the update in July was going to add it, but didn't happen.

Did PC users get the Mustang GT4 as well?
Do you mean the gt3 Mustang? If so, yes pc players also got the gt3 mustang for free.

The GT3 Mustang was discussed in this thread a while back too. I think it was around the PC release of the Nordschleife DLC that we got it for free.

Back